Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chase - Please Reply - Workshop times - Reasonable? P2P vs F2P

Julio

This thread is in response to a comment from another player stating that it would take an unreasonably long time to accumulate four purple sicarios without spending real money and Chase's reply that he would need to see the calculations.

To rank up a sicario from rank 1 star to rank 2 star:

5 helmets x 2 hours each = 10 hours

To rank up a sicario from rank 2 star to rank 3 star:

6 kneepads x 4 hours each = 24 hours
3 binoculars x 6 hours each = 18 hours
Total time 42 hours

Each light body armor takes 8 hours to construct plus 2 knee pads at 4 hours each for a total of 16 hours.

Each red dot sight takes 8 hours to construct plus 2 binoculars at 6 hours each for a total of 20 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 3 star to rank 4 star:

4 light body armor x 16 hours each = 64 hours
2 radios x 6 hours each = 12 hours
2 red dot sights x 20 hours each = 40 hours
Total time 116 hours

Each night vision goggle takes 12 hours to construct plus 1 binocular at 6 hours each for a total of 18 hours.

Each heavy body armor takes 12 hours to construct plus 1 light body armor at 16 hours each (see above for calcs) for a total of 28 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 4 star to rank 5 star:

8 night vision goggles x 18 hours each = 144 hours
6 heavy body armors x 28 hours each = 168 hours
Total time 312 hours

Each GPS takes 18 hours to construct plus 2 radios at 6 hours each for a total of 30 hours.

Each heavy helmet takes 12 hours to construct plus 3 helmets at 2 hours each (see above for calcs) for a total of 18 hours.

Each laser sight takes 18 hours to construct plus 3 binoculars at 6 hours each for a total of 36 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 5 star (yellow) to rank 5 star (blue):

5 GPS x 30 hours each = 150 hours
6 heavy helmets x 18 hours each = 108 hours
5 laser sights x 36 hours each = 180 hours
Total time 438 hours

Each aiming system takes 24 hours to construct plus 1 night vision goggle at 18 hours each (see above for calcs) and 1 laser sight at 36 hours each (see above for calcs) and 2 red dot sights (see above for calcs) at 20 hours each for a total of 118 hours.

Each juggernaut armor takes 24 hours to construct plus 4 heavy body armors at 28 hours each and 2 heavy helmets at 18 hours each for a total of 172 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 5 star (blue) to rank 5 star (purple):

10 aiming systems x 118 hours each = 1180 hours
10 juggernaut armors x 172 hours each = 1720 hours
Total time 2900 hours

Total time to rank up a rank 1 sicario to rank 5 star purple = 10 + 42 + 116 + 312 + 438 + 2900 = 3,818 hours (159 days and 2 hours).

Total time to rank up 4 sicarios for offensive squads to purple is 13,136 hours (1 year and 9 months).

Or, you could spend $100 and buy a blue star scorpion sicario and another $100 and buy the juggernaut/aiming system to upgrade scorpion = $200 for each 5 star purple sicario.

The underlying questions are 1) is it reasonable for a F2P player to need to play for so long to accumulate what someone else can buy

Maniakbn96

Very nice and detailed description!
You can surly reduce the time by the gifts in bags or in black market... but faster then 6 month I think is not possible...

Realy Long Time, to long I believe too

Centipede

Yea, its a joke. Add crafting strike orders to that. My cartel wars about 3 times a week. Thats 18 hours a week of crafting just for war.

They need to give level 6 workshops a 2nd slot

Kali

Banned
Yea, its a joke. Add crafting strike orders to that. My cartel wars about 3 times a week. Thats 18 hours a week of crafting just for war.

They need to give level 6 workshops a 2nd slot
Agree centipede this didn't even cross my mind. They really need to do a rethink

laza

Not to mention money needed for upgrading and leveling up sicarios..

Thema

Nice of you to spend the time for this post.
You can add up to this, you have to spend 6 more hours for each war, which means that if during the time you craft, you go to war ONLY once every 4 days you need another 821 hours for strike orders. Brings total time to 13.957 (581 days)
Now lets assume you are a lucky guy and you get at least one piece of gear every day, either from the chests or the black market (last update implementation), and you reduce your total crafting with a (over optimistic) 8 hours rate each day. You will still need 9.317 hours = 388 days = 1 year and 1 month...
Even the second slot in workshop sounds like no help at all for f2p. But it will help medium spenders for sure.

Serge

Can i be honest

I agree, it takes too long to craft gear, especially purple gear, when you do the actual calculation, its pretty ridiculous.

Whats even more ridiculous is the fact you cant buy this gear for anything unnder £99... but whatever

If they were to reduce it now, id be mad based on how much time and money me and many other big players like myself have used to get the gear.. sooo i cant really advocate asking them to reduce the time OR cost.. unless they planning to compensate me for for what i've already done..

A second slot exclusively for war attacks i can deal with though, the current system is ridiculous

Dan

This is not an abnormality to how the game was designed, so why does Chase need this calculation? FTX creators did the model in the first place with the gear combinations and hours, they would had known the ridiculous time from the start?

Android

This is not an abnormality to how the game was designed, so why does Chase need this calculation? FTX creators did the model in the first place with the gear combinations and hours, they would had known the ridiculous time from the start?
I guess they're just trying to find out whether we can make such calculations or we're just plain stupid. So they can make even more "improvements" in the name of fairplay and balance.

Reactions: Del

Bako Bullyz

Banned
Should add a workshop on the Cartel Base to Craft Strike Orders separate from own base & have the Capo's, Right Hands and LT's in charge of em or even the Falcons since they have limited duties Cartel wise.

Julio

Chase, as long as you are replying to threads today, would you please acknowledge (and maybe respond to) this thread. I prepared it for you.

fahdi1985

This thread is in response to a comment from another player stating that it would take an unreasonably long time to accumulate four purple sicarios without spending real money and Chase's reply that he would need to see the calculations.

To rank up a sicario from rank 1 star to rank 2 star:

5 helmets x 2 hours each = 10 hours

To rank up a sicario from rank 2 star to rank 3 star:

6 kneepads x 4 hours each = 24 hours
3 binoculars x 6 hours each = 18 hours
Total time 42 hours

Each light body armor takes 8 hours to construct plus 2 knee pads at 4 hours each for a total of 16 hours.

Each red dot sight takes 8 hours to construct plus 2 binoculars at 6 hours each for a total of 20 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 3 star to rank 4 star:

4 light body armor x 16 hours each = 64 hours
2 radios x 6 hours each = 12 hours
2 red dot sights x 20 hours each = 40 hours
Total time 116 hours

Each night vision goggle takes 12 hours to construct plus 1 binocular at 6 hours each for a total of 18 hours.

Each heavy body armor takes 12 hours to construct plus 1 light body armor at 16 hours each (see above for calcs) for a total of 28 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 4 star to rank 5 star:

8 night vision goggles x 18 hours each = 144 hours
6 heavy body armors x 28 hours each = 168 hours
Total time 312 hours

Each GPS takes 18 hours to construct plus 2 radios at 6 hours each for a total of 30 hours.

Each heavy helmet takes 12 hours to construct plus 3 helmets at 2 hours each (see above for calcs) for a total of 18 hours.

Each laser sight takes 18 hours to construct plus 3 binoculars at 6 hours each for a total of 36 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 5 star (yellow) to rank 5 star (blue):

5 GPS x 30 hours each = 150 hours
6 heavy helmets x 18 hours each = 108 hours
5 laser sights x 36 hours each = 180 hours
Total time 438 hours

Each aiming system takes 24 hours to construct plus 1 night vision goggle at 18 hours each (see above for calcs) and 1 laser sight at 36 hours each (see above for calcs) and 2 red dot sights (see above for calcs) at 20 hours each for a total of 118 hours.

Each juggernaut armor takes 24 hours to construct plus 4 heavy body armors at 28 hours each and 2 heavy helmets at 18 hours each for a total of 172 hours.

To rank up a sicario from rank 5 star (blue) to rank 5 star (purple):

10 aiming systems x 118 hours each = 1180 hours
10 juggernaut armors x 172 hours each = 1720 hours
Total time 2900 hours

Total time to rank up a rank 1 sicario to rank 5 star purple = 10 + 42 + 116 + 312 + 438 + 2900 = 3,818 hours (159 days and 2 hours).

Total time to rank up 4 sicarios for offensive squads to purple is 13,136 hours (1 year and 9 months).

Or, you could spend $100 and buy a blue star scorpion sicario and another $100 and buy the juggernaut/aiming system to upgrade scorpion = $200 for each 5 star purple sicario.

The underlying questions are 1) is it reasonable for a F2P player to need to play for so long to accumulate what someone else can buy
Bro how much time you spent making these calculations. My head hurts just reading this.