Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is the new shield gona save narcos?

DDRR

I personally don't think so.
A team of 4 davids will demolish your base within seconds, shield or no shield.

What do you think?

Doods1985

I believe the same , am not gonna expect something specific before seeing actual gameplay after , but least to say , with all these davids and ND ruining the game already , such a building will ruin the normal deploy strategies for normal players .
Dont forget that high level players have almost nothing to upgrade , and they exclusivly got warden , thus no need for resources , one care less when that get raided , and they will compensate medal loss easly with thier over powered Davids , smoke or without. So whos loss is that really ? Low level players only and none paying ones .
We will wait and see .

DDRR

Well we will see what the update containes, as usual no communication about it.

Ralph Kramden

No way shield stops davids. They are placing it on compounds where it is the least productive place for it to be. It needs to be on players bases. Thats where the biggest problem lies. Davids all war. Davids all day wrecking my base. There is no stopping them. One way to stop them. Nerf them. They should NOT stack

DDRR

Today there was a level 29 that sucesfully attacked a lvl 60 with 4 davids.
Totally insane but FTX refuses to see this.

Ralph Kramden

Which i dont understand why FTX refuses to address this. We dont need talents or skills with davids. Costing FTX money. And defense is useless also costing FTX money. Not very bright business people at ftx i guess

ipasher

IMO shield will give opposite result to what it is said to give. Right now we have a warden tower and usually around 2 milli finca health.
Except 4Davids with fuegos under smoke there are tactics with suicide torchers and flashbang or firebomb sicarios. And different variations of combining torchers with other damage dealing troops. With reduced damage all those troops might not be able to destroy finca with high health before timer ends. So new shield will make 4Davids a must have if you still want to play. Simply because when you combine 4 of them and add propaganda the damage is extremely excessive.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, please refer to our announcement about this new building before spreading false facts. The building is currently only available on Cartel Compounds, but we will be bringing it to Bases as well. (You should also see it arrive in Guerrilla Facility down the line.)

Ralph Kramden

Which i dont understand why FTX refuses to address this. We dont need talents or skills with davids. Costing FTX money. And defense is useless also costing FTX money. Not very bright business people at ftx i guess
Not to mention they saved me all kinds of gold on sicario challenge because 9 scars is pointless too. Saving money all around with these davids

Doods1985

Hello everyone, please refer to our announcement about this new building before spreading false facts. The building is currently only available on Cartel Compounds, but we will be bringing it to Bases as well. (You should also see it arrive in Guerrilla Facility down the line.)
Got a question , as you were stating in your announcement that “the safest way to test the shield generator is to put it in compound first , and if it proved to be great etc etc etc it will be interduced as guierlla building for player bases” , just wanna know , how you gonna compare its effectiveness in compounds that is twice/3 times bigger map size than player bases with significant more defensive buildings and much much more finca health count ?? I mean let's assume that the shield generator proved as effective against rush smoke with the info above in compounds, how you gonna prove it has the same effect with smaller map where David's boost effect would mostly stay longer as they travel less through the map to the finca ,crossing less defensive buildings, and meeting less finca health?
Troops attacking status are the same in both compound and player bases , but the map structure and layout of both are much different! So how?

Isn't it's better to invest those seven days of update in dveleopers headquarters to build 3 demo player bases, one with high defense and maxed sicarios, one medium defense with good layout. And one very basic, and attack and see the outcome? Like back in the days where the game was under construction and isn't published yet, didn't they demo the game play? Or it was just copy-paste from Boom Beach with cosmetic changes?

One final thing, without a doubt, smoke rush David's isn't , and absolutely not , and it will never be a (mastered techinuqe) as you stated ! Not even remotely close , It's just something you created and it brought you alot of money thus you won't nerf it so paid players won't rage OR quit , that's why you suger coated it and phrases it that way. Please! If that was a (mastered technique) what you call who spends X amount of minutes scouting, picking sicarios, planning his way into player base, using flash smoke missiles FB propaganda and combining them all into one battle? God Tier-Zeus-Hercules-Chuck Norris technique? Oh just ...Cmon!

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

I’ve been to the future and have great news! The shield generator is gonna cause the Earth to spin off its orbit and slowly be pulled into the sun. People in the Western Hemisphere all die but the shield generator indeed saves Narcos. Narcos 2 is released. Dogs evolve and become smarter than humans. The shield generator totally ruins Narcos 2 and then we all start playing Narcos 3 and everyone’s happy again.

DDRR

Im pretty sure the topic was in the form of a question directed towards the players of narcos asking our opinions on this shield @April - FTX Games. And we stated our opinions. Nobody spreading false facts here except FTX
My thouggts are on bases of playing narcos for years AND playing boombeach, that is where most of the ideas come from. For example the shield in boombeach did not make a big difference.
The issue is not finca health but overpowered and stacking davids .

Egis

I don't feel any increase on resourses , i hope so they gonna do cash increase as well because bases gonna be harder to destroy

DDRR

There is a movie with 4 davids placed right now on facebook. Please take a look.

DDRR

SO THE SHIELD HAS BEEN OUT FOR A FEW DAYS, COMPOUND ATTACK IS NOW 3 ATTACKS VERSUS ONE OR TWO LAST WEEK. NOT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE.

Ralph Kramden

The shield needs to be on bases not compounds. Us players fixed the david problem on compounds ourselves. Ftx just playing with us. THE SHIELD NEEDS TO BE ON PLAYERS BASES. WHY DOES FTX NOT CARE ABOUT US PLAYERS? FOR --, LISTEN TO US. PLEEEAAASEE

Last edited by a moderator:

DDRR

I still think the shield is not going to be a big difference on our Base.
If it is not on a compound why should it be on a player base?

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

I’m just happy the Shield looks so beaver dam cool. It’s the most dynamic constant animation in this game. We weren’t being rushed by Davids so Shield won’t help us much. Warden tower is the more universal advantage for everyone.