Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not getting your moneys worth when spending gold

Naptownmark

I spent 4000 on offense sicaros chest and got 3 sicaros u get rewarded with everyday for nothing. Jengi n 2 Bernardos. Could have at least been a juiced up version instead of the everyday version considering gold was spent.

Setpiece

I spent 4000 on offense sicaros chest and got 3 sicaros u get rewarded with everyday for nothing. Jengi n 2 Bernardos. Could have at least been a juiced up version instead of the everyday version considering gold was spent.
This is why they don't disclose the "chance to acquire" percentages on every roll like most mobile games do these days.

They want people to get baited in, and spend more money over and over to get the sicarios they direly want; but little do they inform the public, that the most sought after sics on these deals are weighted to roll lower. Since this game was released before applicable laws changed, they are grandfathered in to the old system that allows them to play with the roll weights behind the curtain, undisclosed to us. Why do you think Breaking Bad was rushed?

Rest assured when these "deals" pop up, whether it be EDITED FOR CLARITY Elite Skills/Plata Chest (are we assuming the tiles removed keeps the same % as the basic chests?)or Elite Offensive Sicario Chests or Elite Defensive Sicario Chests, you'll far more often roll garbage than good and is hardly consumer friendly at all, gouging you at all times (talents, skills), in all events and in all deals that do not have static values. (purple and your 4 daily deals are the only way to go, if you must buy)

No good, competitive game does this (See the EA PC uproar over loot boxes). It's a cheap way to earn profit at the consumers expense. Some people are willing to pay thousands for competitive advantage, bypassing any skill or techniques a player can use in game to "progress" themselves, because FTX limit's your ability to do as much as incentive to pay (cant upgrade low level talents, only entry level attainable sics on map, talent pool filled with garbage, pay to win gold statue events, etc etc)

Operant conditioning: super important. If you satiate your need of getting the sicarios you wanted right away, you won't buy anything again, FTX doesn't want this and needs to throw in these scabs to offset returns.

If you get say 3 crap sicarios this time, but keep playing and go further and further down this rabbit hole, the next time a deal rolls around, you'll be far more inclined to buy the sure thing. FTX got your money, and your now willing to spend more (when this bad taste leaves your mouth in a few weeks/months) once conditioned to the $ meta, FTX always wins, consumers rarely win for cheap, they have a huge house advantage where if disclosed no one would even be tempted to try their luck; having to go to a more consumer friendly route where the odds are less against us players.

Progression in this game, is always, always gated behind how much you are willing to spend, regardless if you are the best technical player, it doesn't matter, at all. Fundamentally the only thing you need to win in this game is a Visa/MC/Paypal and the willingness to use it. I digress, there are much better, consumer friendly ways for FTX to earn their keep aside from gouging players with raw deals.

*** Credit Wars: Narcos Themed Edition ***
-Anything meaningful is gated behind a paywall
-2 year old bugs are left to rot
-We don't give you content, you make the content
-Pit your credit c. vs other players credit c's around the world in our events. Who will pay us the most this week for an overpowered Statue?
-If you give us lots of money, we will give you things you can't normally get via ingame progression so you can lie to yourself about being good at something you otherwise wouldn't be good at.

Last edited:

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
@Setpiece You have incorrectly stated that we do not disclose our odds in-game. You can view the odds by going into the Options menu and then tapping the Question Mark in the upper right of the window. I will attach a screenshot below.

Setpiece

Was not the % I was talking about. ( I clarified it above )

Specifically, what the OP was talking about. 3 mappable sicarios for 4k gold in a chest where David is weighted to roll less, what are my odds of winning that David? alot less than a Jengi or Bernardo. Not disclosed. Then, what are the odds of rolling a r4, r5, r6, r7 sic on a particular sicario. Not disclosed.

Is it fair and consumer friendly to have such a wild swing from a r4 Quica to R7 David in the same chest for the same amount of gold? Is it fair to us to not disclose the % for each sicario and rank? I say no.

The way these are marketed to us is also shady business showing only the max R7 ranking on the "preview", even the gold chest only shows the highest rank, no rank should be shown at all. Some of these people buy these raw deals figuring what they see is what they will get, and while it is on them to read, not being as deceptive as possible is also warranted by FTX/devs, along with showing % on the actual cash shop items instead of buried in an obscure place in the options menu of all places.....

While on the disclosure train:

Talent %, not disclosed

This is probably the worst offender of them all!!!!!

Last edited:

hof

@Setpiece You have incorrectly stated that we do not disclose our odds in-game. You can view the odds by going into the Options menu and then tapping the Question Mark in the upper right of the window. I will attach a screenshot below.

View attachment 2955
April,

You have given an incorrect explanation to Setpiece's statement. Maybe if more time was actually taken to read the post head and thread. The original conversation/complaint started about the offensive chests. You point to the gold, silver, bronze, and plata bags yet the conversation was about Offensive Sicario Chest(the special going on right now), and limited time special offers which you fail to give the odds. Beyond that, when you do have a special offer(in this example the Offensive Sicario Chest), the odds of getting a David are NOT the same as getting all the other sicarios. You can try and say, until you are blue in the face, that the odds are the same but its an outright lie and con. Just like roulette wheel...you have 10 spaces yet the odds are not equal to hit the same space although they are all the same size. Quit trying to coverup and deflect all the conning and lieing for FTX.

Naptownmark

The silence is deafening
Yes it was very deceiving I was under the impression I'll get a sicaro tht was in the pics if I'd known I would gotton the silver chest sicaros then I wud have went for tht option n gotten 5 chest for 750 gold.

Naptownmark

I like how ftx responded when their confident their bout to shoot someone dwn n bust their bubble but never once offered an apology or any explanation to me the person who made the thread a simple better luck next time wud have been coo but I see they dnt like humble ppl they wanna ppl to be -- n talk to them with disrespect n thts something I can do real well. Ftx try and change the way yall do business bc your turning good ppl into monsters by not acting as if all concerns aren't as important as the next one

Last edited by a moderator: