Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spring Event Feedback

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member

Now that our Spring Event is coming to an end, we'd like to hear your feedback!

What did you think of the event as a whole? Did you like it or dislike it?
Was it fun, boring, too difficult/easy, a nice addition to regular gameplay? Whatever your thoughts, we'd love to hear them here.

As a final request, would you like to see more Sicario Challenge events in the future?

Thank you for playing Narcos: Cartel Wars, for taking part in the Spring Event, and for reading this! I look forward to reading your responses below.​

Slik

I liked it. Gives people another reason to be more active with map attacks, etc. Free plata is always a plus as well for those ranking up sicarios.

Last edited:

Rainman56

I thought it was a great implementation, a nice balance between keeping low spenders actively engaged and more consistent spender players Would feel inclined to simply buy a plata bag here or there to compensate for the opportunity cost of their time. Balance helps build player moral from both sides of the spectrum. However, I would like to see the paz statue add health to all buildings rather than rpg troops. Typically, I am more inclined to invest more in the El Padrino/sicario variation of this event. But overall it was a good and thoughtful implementation!

Setpiece

I appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback on this!

Pros:
  • I did like seeing this map event, I thought it was a nice change from the regular event.
  • I did like earning ~150k worth of plata aswell, that was a nice change which offered a great avenue to allow us to level up our Sicarios at a way faster pace.
Middle Stance:
  • Never knowing when the event would spawn an AI or Player base with rewards for the event, I think this could have been touched up a bit better. What are the chances of spawning the base? are they set for everyone to be equal? is it randomly generated based on a %? what is that %?
Cons:
  • I didn't like grinding for days, earning a commanding 12K lead over second, only to be surpassed by the last place player who only amassed 300 points until 6 hours left; who then bought 17K worth of points at level 36 in 2 hours to win the challenge. But I guess that is good for FTX :p Bad for my morale. He paid around 300$ in gold for plata bags when asked.
  • I didn't like statue rewards only boosting RPG's (probably the lowest played archetype in this game)
  • I didn't like plata bags, deliveries, and black market plata being bought with gold for challenge points.
  • I don't like competing against Bill Gates players spending 300, 400$ almost every challenge who bypass all the work I put in to the event.
Overall, I thought the event was well done, but quite a few players in my cartel, and in global chat have brought this up quite a few times. All these events you release that offer bypasses if you buy gold are akin to running a marathon, thinking your first the entire time, then you realize someone took a taxi to the finish line and gets a paid victory. A bit disheartening.

I would like to see an event, similar to this, where the event currency is only earned by playing, not by paying.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all very much for your responses!!

So far it sounds like the additional avenue for obtaining Plata was fantastic. The Statue boost could have been a little more all-encompassing. And having event currency that only rewards through playing would be a nice change.

I like rephrasing to make sure I've understood :)

I'll make sure the appropriate people see these suggestions!

Setpiece

If just those 2 changes made it to future events, myself, my cartel, and probably this entire community would be extremely extremely extremely happy.

I don't want to come across as being a cheapo, I buy my fair share of sics, deals, dice and gold, but when it comes to events; I really think the playing field should be evened off and separated from our financial abilities/willingness to put up big money for the last second win.

I believe it allows for a much more intense and meaningful competitive environment where everyone feels like they can compete.

Excited for future events!

WilliSin

I second most of what’s said here. Heaps better than the usual sicario challenge (that changes the way you approach the game so no Sicario upgrades are done at any other time than during challenge), more interesting and engaging over a longer period of time. This opens the door to more diversity in challenges just as there is lots of diversity in Raids.

My gripe - RPG units are almost never used. Either make them better as a unit or change the reward to a more useful troops type like flaco, fuego, torcher etc.

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

As a final request, would you like to see more Sicario Challenge events in the future?
I prefer the Spring Challenge over the Sicario Challenge. In Sic Challenge I find myself leveling up sics I’ll never use just to get points in the challenge.

Newer players won’t have this problem because their “main” sics are not at maximum level yet. So I’m not totally against Sic Challenge I just think it’s silly for players to compete in infinitely *spending* (plata) when the benefit is not infinite. Spring Challenge solved this.

Neon234

There's one big problem with this event.

Now you're giving us 1K Platas in good volume and arranging them first in the list of plata available for sicarios level upgrades. Earlier it used to 15k, 5k, 2k, 0.5k and sicarios.

It's irritating to click on each 1k Plata 100 times to just upgrade a sicario by100K. It will need 925 such clicks if any player is trying to upgrade a 6* sicario from level 1 to 60. Fix this asap by arranging 1k Plata after 2k platas or change the interface as per the suggestions already discussed in the forum.

@Ben - FTX Games
@April - FTX Games

Narcobuster

I liked the event, different and getting free plata as a new bonus is always good.

Quick question- will my unused event plata stick around until I eventually need / use it? Or is there sometime it will expire or disappear?

Thanks.