Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Agree with Morbid. How does FTX expect a 13 yo to spend at min $hundreds to reach max level, (as Chase confirm this is a business to make money) or expect a 13 yo attention span to reach max level in 5+yrs if not spending? Even a 40 yo won't wait that long... this game is wrongly categorized as PG13 and should be updated accordingly.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Hi Chase,
I'm just letting you know I am not the enemy.
I love this game and can't fathom why like other games it proceeds to go downhill rather than up.

You cannot deny you've lost people in the last few updates.

I am commenting to ask why no specific response is warranted to this users question?

You quite clearly posted that thread warning people about behavior seeing as this game is PG 13 in most countries.

I'm here to ask you to ask the team just how does that work?

This game is based on drug smuggling and destroying people and their drug operations to take it for yourselves.
While there was argument as to whether the luck system is gambling or not your answer is right there. Luck.
Luck is a gamble. You win some, lose more.
Directly related to this is how does a PG 13 game base it's shop mechanics on rich people?
Yes there are crappy $2-$7 deals that a child may be able to purchase that won't get anyone anywhere.
You charge $150 for anything half decent $220 with our currency conversion.
Not to mention to progress in the game you must keep up with the spenders or be cannon fodder.
How many 13 year olds spend that kind of money?

Please review.
Offering microtransactions is nothing new in any of these type games, and that includes ones with far younger age restrictions. I don't understand your correlation of our age rating to the price of our microtransactions. All of them are optional, simply do not purchase them if you would not like to.

Morbid Death

Offering microtransactions is nothing new in any of these type games, and that includes ones with far younger age restrictions. I don't understand your correlation of our age rating to the price of our microtransactions. All of them are optional, simply do not purchase them if you would not like to.
Did I say there was correlation between the two? Because there is. I said the guy deserves an answer. Not to mention respect rather than belittlement.

When you are milking players for hundreds to thousands of dollars (which is what is required for one to be competent in this game, deny it all you like) one could hardly say those are micro at all...

Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten or ignored that I've mentioned now like four times that I am waiting to spend money on this ****ed game.
Waiting for a deal that isn't $2-$7
Spending money isn't the problem. Spending more money than it costs for a PS4 or X-Box just for stepping stones to being less crap?

So yes I am still waiting to spend $220 NZD so that I can be slightly less useless in my cartel and start the long spending trek to try and catch up to the half good people that only got there because they had to spend. The saying goes if you are 40+ and not spending you should not be playing. Again deny it all you want but the masses speak for themselves.

Yes you are a business we get it.
But raping the FREEMIUM for all it is worth will lose you customers not gain them.

There is a difference between putting bread on the table and taking advantage.

Again I am not being a menace I am trying to hash through some serious problems that MANY of us face with the game.

Cruzzer

I am waiting to spend money on this ****ed game.
Waiting for a deal that isn't $2-$7
You'll be waiting a really, really long time. The game will only give you the cheap packages until you actually buy them. Once you buy them, they will offer you more and more expensive offers.

I didn't get $10 offers until I bought a $5 package. Then all I got was $5 & $10 offers.

Once I bought a $10 offer, all I got were $10 & $20 offers.

Once I bought a $20 offer, I started seeing $20 & $50 offers.

And now that I've bought $50 offers, all I see are $50 & $100 offers.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
You'll be waiting a really, really long time. The game will only give you the cheap packages until you actually buy them. Once you buy them, they will offer you more and more expensive offers.

I didn't get $10 offers until I bought a $5 package. Then all I got was $5 & $10 offers.

Once I bought a $10 offer, all I got were $10 & $20 offers.

Once I bought a $20 offer, I started seeing $20 & $50 offers.

And now that I've bought $50 offers, all I see are $50 & $100 offers.
This is mostly correct - but the cheaper offers do come back around given enough time.

LVMonkey

This is mostly correct - but the cheaper offers do come back around given enough time.
And this system is absolute garbage.. there should just be tabs for EVERY price range ALL OF THE TIME.

$5 deal/$10 deal/$20 deal/$50 deal/$100 deal

This would get FTX the most $$$ because I can psychologically justify to myself spending $5 five times a week, or maybe $20 once a month, but can't pull the trigger on a $50 "deal" EVER!

So would FTX rather have my $25 a week, or $20/mo, or nothing at all??

Del

I would like to hear from players that this has happened to..........7 months for me without them changing.How long are we talking Chase@FTX?the same amount of time that it takes to upgrade to a lvl 60 sicario without gold???

Vinnie Di Maggio

I concur. I've never seen the cheap deals again since the beginning. Not sure it would have change anything in my case, given that I prefer to wait longer and get a better package but I still think it would be nice to have access to a wider variety of offers.

Cruzzer

I even had 3 offers today. 2 were for $50 and 1 for $100. I thought for sure when I saw there were 3 offers that they'd be $20, $50 and $100. But nope! I was wrong.

Vinnie Di Maggio

Offers seem to be pretty random to me now... Since the last update I have something different every time I login. Sometimes 1 offer, sometimes 2 and sometimes 3.

Morbid Death

Mine hasn't changed...
Most definitely not receiving "several special offers at the same time".
Player ID: 1343949
S70520-113211.jpg

CRABNUTZ

So, where in this game can you spend gold and possibly not get something in return? Because, in roulette, if I put my chips on red, and black hits, I lose my money. That's gambling!

Please, show one feature on this game where you can spend gold and possibly lose that gold without receiving anything for it!

I'll be waiting patiently...

Morbid Death

So, where in this game can you spend gold and possibly not get something in return? Because, in roulette, if I put my chips on red, and black hits, I lose my money. That's gambling!

Please, show one feature on this game where you can spend gold and possibly lose that gold without receiving anything for it!

I'll be waiting patiently...
I'm sure it has or will exist somewhere your 'gold for nothing deal' but that is NOT the point.

So instead of trying to sound smart how about one does a quick check on what gambling actually means...

Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements be present: consideration, chance and prize.

Since when does gambling have to be specifically about money and specifically about winning the top prize?

The most successful thing with gambling is that it gives you the illusion you are winning when really you always lose.

But please continue trying to school me.
If not productive it's entertaining.

CRABNUTZ

I'm sure it has or will exist somewhere your 'gold for nothing deal' but that is NOT the point.

So instead of trying to sound smart how about one does a quick check on what gambling actually means...

Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements be present: consideration, chance and prize.

Since when does gambling have to be specifically about money and specifically about winning the top prize?

The most successful thing with gambling is that it gives you the illusion you are winning when really you always lose.

But please continue trying to school me.
If not productive it's entertaining.
I can entertain you all day.

There's no uncertainty in the outcome. You're going to receive a talent with every roll.

Now, if some rolls possibly produce nothing, then you're gambling!

lobsterboy

I can entertain you all day.

There's no uncertainty in the outcome. You're going to receive a talent with every roll.

Now, if some rolls possibly produce nothing, then you're gambling!
I think you guys are using different definitions of uncertain outcome.

1) win a talent versus don't win a talent.

2) always win a talent but it's unknown in advance which one you will win.

I'm pretty sure both can be considered gambling.

Cruzzer

This thread is so **** ridiculous! Call it whatever you want to call it. It's legal and it's okay. If it wasn't, it'd be gone by now.

And besides, money isn't the only way to get gold in this game. While it may be the most popular way and the way to get the most, it's still not the ONLY way to get gold. So that makes it an optional part of the game. Getting gold and exchanging that for the talent can all be done for free. So it's not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.