Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shield generator

@April - FTX Games @Ben - FTX Games when will the shield generator be avalable ?

i know you dont want the unskilled rich people to stop playing but think about the ones that actually play this game to have fun and deploy
Last time it was avalable was last december .... i personaly spent thousands of dollars on defensive sicarios and spend hours to set up a base ! I end up being smash by 4 davids with no talents and 1prop skill set in 25 seconds that costed less then what i spent .... that is frustrating and none sense !

Last edited:

Narcobuster

Although I completely support your point and feel your frustration... the game has nearly always been about attacking. I haven’t seen a defence which has been impossible to break (I doubt this is even possible), but I know many attacking squads which will just about beat all bases on your map.

i get there’s some exaggeration in your message, but why not spend a couple of hundred (instead of 1000s) on a strong attack team instead of waste it on defence?

Kikic

I would even say that any kind of counter to the unskilled s2f/f2f would be more profitable to ftx .. ppl that used to s2f will need to spend more on their new sics/talents/sets .. the community will come up with new deploy/short deploy strats and the game will be fun again .. that hole process will encourage ppl to test, swap talents and eventually spend money, not because they need to, but because they want to!! :)

Although I completely support your point and feel your frustration... the game has nearly always been about attacking. I haven’t seen a defence which has been impossible to break (I doubt this is even possible), but I know many attacking squads which will just about beat all bases on your map.

i get there’s some exaggeration in your message, but why not spend a couple of hundred (instead of 1000s) on a strong attack team instead of waste it on defence?
No exareggation here i spent more on offence lol thats not the point anyway ! The point is why even have a defence and weaponds if they can just run to finca ? I dont care if offense is stronger then defence as long as the opponents deploy and show a minimum of skills and have a little risk of failing !

Narcobuster

No exareggation here i spent more on offence lol thats not the point anyway ! The point is why even have a defence and weaponds if they can just run to finca ? I dont care if offense is stronger then defence as long as the opponents deploy and show a minimum of skills and have a little risk of failing !
Like i said.. you have my sympathy, but unfortunately the point will always come back to $$$ and lining FTX’s pockets. People like to win and you win by attacking in this game so that’s where the money is.

I have a half decent missile squad which will get me the points to keep in the top 5 of my league and do pretty well in the weekly chest, cost me the 99 cents intro offer and a $12 emerald offer in gold to get the talents. Now I just play for fun to build different attack squads using the gold i get from weekly leagues, cartel chest and the odd defend/free videos etc. Have lots of fun and a good community all for $13. Not bothered about having 10 Davids, or Don netos, or el padrinos etc..

Naptownmark

I see april only likes addressing simple questions n passing suggestions to the development team but DOESNT like addressing real issues. Sounds like a sad middle man to me.

Snark

We need a legit community manager that has powers to escalate issues to the developers and keeps them working toward a community centric goal. Nothing gets done in this game and seemingly takes years to implement the most basic of ideas.

I don't know if the Devs over in Cyprus lose everything in translation, but it's to the point now where nothing feels like its ever going to get fixed, let alone balanced.

S2F is cancer.

Snark

Why aren't the developers asking these questions on here? why do we have to go through a publisher, to then relay to a developer, who just sit on there hands brewing up only pay to win elements and virtually no polish or balance for us in game. There are no roadmaps for whats on schedule, no community input that actually results in changes. Just a dark void where the developers should be fine tuning this age old game instead of neglecting the community, and the game itself.

Snark

Q&A with the developers would be nice. Maybe get some information finally on what's in store for us down the road. Will S2F ever get a decent counter? will FTX/Cyprus Developers keep allowing no-skilled strategy-less fools with 12 david teams steam roll wars, and then every map base with no challenge to them?

It's like allowing script kiddies to use aimbots in shooter games, and FTX is completely cool with it.

Sickening that regardless of the amount of money a player pumps into defence, it get's easily negated by a fool and 4 davids.
Almost a year and a half and they still can't address this properly.

Pulling the cord on this trash ideology around here, players are just willing to accept bad development or they just join the S2F fools and spread the cancer even deeper.

FTX should feel shame, If I was the community manager this would be the first -- thing on the list but I suspect they rather roll around in there profit from people pumping money into defenses trying to stop this aids style of play with little to no success.

If you S2f you're a trash gamer. If you work for FTX, you need to take a look at what is going on...and clue in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Narcobuster

While FTX are making $1000s every time there’s a David sale expect no majors changes to be made at all... If you want real change, you got to hit them where it hurts - their silver lined pockets! Unfortunately of course that is near impossible to achieve.

Snark

You can use various tools and see the spike of income the game generates, when David is up, sales are through the roof because all the little fools who aspire to S2F (because they can't be defended against, and level 30's can wipe players 30,35, 40 levels higher than them with ease) figure that this is the way to play and the cancer grows more and more every David deal and every roulette period.

Padrino and Noso were cute ideas to get us players to pay for there broken mechanics, but these are also easily negated and a horrible long term solution.

FTX and Cyprus Developers did this to themselves, the game went from requiring some semblance of strategy and being a fun little PVP game when I started to play; to needing no strategy at all. FB/missile c4 and mines, smoke/flash, move to finca, win.... repeat 30k times, pretend you're good.

How long will people take this garbage? I guess when your charging 75$ per sicario/set of talents, people feel obligated to stay where there money is and thus trapped into this circle of garbage like the OP.

Frustrating how incompetent some of these decisions are ruining the game for people who want to actually use strategy / different sicario combos. Instead of using borderline exploits that FTX sanctions.

Snark

All this time they were too busy coding up more profit generating systems, instead of fixing and polishing the game.
Who would have thought? /s

1 year and 4ish months ago: "Were working on a fulltime, permanent solution to the S2f issue"
Yesterday: "Would you like to buy into our new subscription model?"
Today: Still no s2f counter.

Profits over polish and cash over community.
These guys are far beyond a joke at this point in time.

The CFO is the shot caller around here.

Last edited:

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
@Ben - FTX Games @April - FTX Games are you dead ? This is a serious question and I get no answer !!! I spent over 10000 to 15000 canadian dollars on your game with both accounts ! Isn’t that enough for you to show some respect and give me an answer ???
Esko, my apologies, but we do not have an estimated time frame for when the Shield Generator will be returning. Our development team has taken the feedback regarding it to heart and are working to provide it on a more regular basis.

Snark

Can we get a Q&A with the lead developer?

FTX acting like the middleman is accomplishing nothing, we get no feedback on our suggestions. Even if it's a simple, "we don't see this happening"

We want the game to be a good, balanced pvp game, yet a lot of dumb mechanics and oversights are setting this game back to the point where I'd rather just not play.

Alot of people are spending boat loads of money on this game, at least we could have an avenue of proper communication with them, or a roadmap of what's in store in the future. Possibly explaining to us why it takes a year and a half to get this generator done.

This would alleviate so much concern we as players have regarding the state of the game. Right now, the developer silence is killing the morale around here. Hopefully you can see why all this pay to win and subscription garbage just taunts the playerbase into anger when issues like these are allowed to linger on for years.

Last edited:
Esko, my apologies, but we do not have an estimated time frame for when the Shield Generator will be returning. Our development team has taken the feedback regarding it to heart and are working to provide it on a more regular basis.
@April - FTX Games That is what you have been saying for over a year now and it is the opposite that you are doing .... we see it less then before and we did not see it enough before !