Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COMMANDO TACTICS: How to Beat "Unbeatable" Outposts

KatastroPhia

This thread is started with hope it will become a permanent reference for players. The format of every post should be an uploaded screenshot and a set of instructions. Please use the thread "Commando Tactics Discussion" to ask questions and to offer corrections/improvements.

PURPOSE: At every level we sometimes face Enemy Outposts that appear unbeatable. Yet many of them ARE beatable--it's just that you haven't been able to figure out the strategy for that Outpost layout. There are a limited set of Outpost layouts that the game presents you with for each Outpost level. Which means that once you know the strategy to beat a given layout, you can beat that layout every time you see it. That's what this thread is for: showing familiar layouts and giving the strategy to beat each one.
Please only post layouts that have killed you, but you found a strategy to survive with minimal losses: Outposts that seemed impossible, but you found a way to kill them.

This particular Commando Outposts thread is limited to a subset of such Outposts: those that have Rocket Launchers and P Cannons that can't be killed with a single missile. These are the ones most likely to seem impossible. I'll do another thread for other kinds of Outposts.

INSTRUCTIONS: Please post a screenshot of the Outpost, followed by the Outpost level number, followed by a list of troop types in each squad (format: S1:G S2:F S3:F S4:T), followed by instructions on what pre-deploy weapons to use and where, followed by deploy order (if any) and where to Focus each attack target.

I hope everybody makes at least one post, and thank you for directing questions/discussion to the thread "Commando Tactics Discussion"--doing so will keep this thread fast-scrolling, making it easy and fast to find the picture of the Outpost someone is looking for.
Thanks! Let's build a great resource here!

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

This thread is started with hope it will become a permanent reference for players. The format of every post should be an uploaded screenshot and a set of instructions. Please use the thread "Commando Tactics Discussion" to ask questions and to offer corrections/improvements.

PURPOSE: At every level we sometimes face Enemy Outposts that appear unbeatable. Yet many of them ARE beatable--it's just that you haven't been able to figure out the strategy for that Outpost layout. There are a limited set of Outpost layouts that the game presents you with for each Outpost level. Which means that once you know the strategy to beat a given layout, you can beat that layout every time you see it. That's what this thread is for: showing familiar layouts and giving the strategy to beat each one.
Please only post layouts that have killed you, but you found a strategy to survive with minimal losses: Outposts that seemed impossible, but you found a way to kill them.

This particular Commando Outposts thread is limited to a subset of such Outposts: those that have Rocket Launchers and P Cannons that can't be killed with a single missile. These are the ones most likely to seem impossible. I'll do another thread for other kinds of Outposts.

INSTRUCTIONS: Please post a screenshot of the Outpost, followed by the Outpost level number, followed by a list of troop types in each squad (format: S1:G S2:F S3:F S4:T), followed by instructions on what pre-deploy weapons to use and where, followed by deploy order (if any) and where to Focus each attack target.

I hope everybody makes at least one post, and thank you for directing questions/discussion to the thread "Commando Tactics Discussion"--doing so will keep this thread fast-scrolling, making it easy and fast to find the picture of the Outpost someone is looking for.
Thanks! Let's build a great resource here!
I really like to see this energy about the game, @KatastroPhia

As someone who has been playing for years and on the forums, I don’t believe your outlined system of collaborating will take flight here. However awesome it would be if it did. I really think you should join a cartel for all these types of answers. You’ll be surrounded by players who have been there and can help.

By the way, map outposts max out at level 55. So they get easier as you level up. Map outposts also grow in level the more you attack them. So players who exclusively attack outposts and no players will see their level rise faster.

If you’re having trouble finding a resourceful cartel to join, join up with us for a few days and chat with our members. There are not enough thoughtful and articulate players out there, so come for a visit to re-evaluate your plans.

ELpatron50

I really like to see this energy about the game, @KatastroPhia

By the way, map outposts max out at level 55. So they get easier as you level up. Map outposts also grow in level the more you attack them. So players who exclusively attack outposts and no players will see their level rise faster.
This excludes the NO REVENGE ATTACK possible.
Max Outposts 55 translates to an even
chance of winning if you can manage
your troops maxed your Squad Camps.