Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Defensive weapons lose health upon firing

Jayjay

this bug has been going on for about a good month. When an enemy attacks my base my defensive weapons lose the exact health towards the damage it inflicts on enemy troops, this also happens when i attack some players and i am mot using any special skills.

Segovia

View attachment 2350 There's no bug, bro. It's called a counter skill, which reflects a percentage of the damage back to whatever is firing on you.
surely that's a mistake right there. Shouldn't the torcher ammo factory description read "reflects the percentage of damage taken" instead of "avoids the percentage of damage taken". Because if it is the latter then the factory ammo bonus for torchers is way too powerful compared to the rest.

CRABNUTZ

It's not a mistake. It's simply understanding how a counter skill performs, which only requires a slight amount of reading and research.

Segovia

But my understanding of it, is that it doesn't avoid damage. A unit with the counter skill takes full damage but also reflects 40% of it towards the attacking unit. Whereas a unit with the evasion skill simply evades a percentage of damage dealt. Isn't that the difference between the counter and evasion skills? correct me if I'm wrong

Segovia

Yes, I know what it means. Right, my point is that the ammo skill for torchers is far too powerful for an already over performing unit. We are in a meta now where there is no point in deploying any other type of unit (except for fuegos when destroying cartel bases). Do you see the problem here? This is a balancing issue that needs to be addressed.

Bogan

No balancing issue, I see a verity of troops used most days. A lot of people are using torchers atm because I find they are the easiest to get a hold of and almost all lvl60+ bases now have some serious damage behind them

CRABNUTZ

With the new update, torchers aren't nearly as effective as they were when facing proper setups.