Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Feature Request: Planned cartel wars and tournaments

Gustavo YWC

Would it be possible to introduce an official tournament mode for cartel wars that will allow agreed wars?

I think it would increase the fun considerably, prevent unfair matchings (what is constantly complained about) and keep the motivation of many players alive.
Currently, some of the top cartels have set up their own tournament, which would be much easier to plan with an official mode.

Here are my concrete suggestions how this mode could look like:

- Each capo and right hand can set up a tournament, which determines a fixed number of cartels and participating players in each cartel. He can then search for specific or random cartels and invite them at the same time. Invited cartels have 12 hours to accept or reject the request. If not enough cartels have been found by then, start another 12 hours search. The tournament is fixed as soon as the number of cartels has accepted the invitation.

- The start time is 48 hours after the required number of cartels have accepted, to ensure that all participating cartels are no longer in another war at the start. Once you accept an invitation, no other war can be sought after the current war.

- Capo and right hands will see tournament invitations where cartel membership requests are listed.

- An invitation can only be accepted if the required number of players has been selected and the cartel is not in any other tournament that is running longer than the scheduled start time.

- The minimum number of cartels is 2 (for an agreed war with a particular cartel) and the maximum number is 6.

- For tournaments with more than two cartels, there is a 12-hour break after the first war, during which the participating players can also be changed for the next war. However, the fixed number of participants must be maintained. Each cartel plays once against each of the other participating cartels.

- In tournaments with more than two cartels, a win is worth 3 points, a draw is worth 1 point and a defeat is worth 0 points. At the end of a tournament, the results can be viewed by all cartel members in a new cartel tab.

@Players: Would you like to have something like this?
@FTX: Is it technically possible to implement something like that?

Maybe I didn't consider some aspect here, I'm thankful for suggestions and improvements of this idea.

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

Interesting idea. People are doing it anyway, why not make it easier. I’m guessing the details in your suggestion is way too big of a project, but they could more easily make the cartel war part of your idea happen by simply allowing cartels to challenge specific cartels to a war.

The tournament idea sounds interesting too, like a “Turf War” between up to 6 cartels. This seems like something FTX could do as a special event once in a while.

Last edited: