Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INSANE TIMES ON CHALLENGES

Maori

I've noticed in some of the events/challenges, some people are getting insane times ... 4min, 5min etc whilst most are up around the 9-11min mark.
Is this because these players have access to 5G tech and the rest don't?
If that is the case, please revert back to local area challenges, where we are up against those with the same connection speeds.
@April - FTX Games

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

This is a good topic. Better phone or internet connection shouldn’t benefit players. I understand it’s probably not the highest priority. One idea is when counting time to completion for raids, only count large gaps in time between attacks (more than 1 minutes for example) + time during attacks. Somehow make it so back to back attacks without scouting between them don’t get time added other than the attack duration clock - the time a replay of the attack would display.

I think the purpose of the current ranking system with total points and then fastest time if there’s a tie, is to benefit players who don’t need to wait for the hourly free reinforcements as much. Or who don’t need to scout as much.

The majority of players would probably like to see changes so raids aren’t just “no deploy” races. I often win no deploy races so i’m not saying this stuff for an advantage.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Maori and @Tampico Sunrise - Shark, I am checking with the development team on this now, but there shouldn't be any time difference based on cell service. I've been told that if there was a difference, it would be milliseconds.

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

Thanks April, I gotta disagree with the person who told you milliseconds though. Unless they meant billions of milliseconds :p

The loading screen between bases has a progress bar, and I’ve noticed the time to load varies a lot when on slow or fast internet connections.

For an extreme example, I was abroad on 2g cellular speed and it was taking much much longer than when I’m home using fast wifi. This adds 3+ minutes to a no deploy race time. I don’t care too much about this topic just saying if raid time tie breakers only counted elapsed time during each attack, and long breaks between, it would eliminate connection speed advantage.

His lordship

Hi all. I found that it is not connection speed, but instead the age and capacity of the device. On my old iPhone, I could only achieve around 7-8 minutes. After I upgraded to a new device with more free memory, I am completing in 5.30mins. The screens load much quicker. Even at work where we have very fast internet, on the old phone I could only get the 8 minute time.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all (@Maori as the thread starter), could you please provide screenshots of these time disparities when you see them? It would really help our team to see which events you are seeing these in, and to see the exact differences in time.

You can share them here and I'll pass them to the team :)

H2O

I no deploy most raids and i cant beat a base quicker than 7 seconds. It takes 3 seconds to flash and missile the finca then have to wait 4 more seconds while you watch all the other buildings blow up. I dont think its much fast with FB squad either. I lose most time waiting for the game to load each base. it takes at least 10 seconds per. I like Sharks idea of stopping the clock in between attacks. Clock should only run after you hit "Attack" and stop in between each attack.

Whats up Shark!

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

I no deploy most raids and i cant beat a base quicker than 7 seconds. It takes 3 seconds to flash and missile the finca then have to wait 4 more seconds while you watch all the other buildings blow up. I dont think its much fast with FB squad either. I lose most time waiting for the game to load each base. it takes at least 10 seconds per. I like Sharks idea of stopping the clock in between attacks. Clock should only run after you hit "Attack" and stop in between each attack.

Whats up Shark!
Hahaha not much H20! Rough war we’re in against FUBAR and they have a new ringer.

Maori

Hello all (@Maori as the thread starter), could you please provide screenshots of these time disparities when you see them? It would really help our team to see which events you are seeing these in, and to see the exact differences in time.

You can share them here and I'll pass them to the team :)
I'll put together some screenshots and share them

Maori

Hi all. I found that it is not connection speed, but instead the age and capacity of the device. On my old iPhone, I could only achieve around 7-8 minutes. After I upgraded to a new device with more free memory, I am completing in 5.30mins. The screens load much quicker. Even at work where we have very fast internet, on the old phone I could only get the 8 minute time.
I have to disagree. I've got a note 10 with lots of memory and I can only get mid 8 min.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
I confirm. there is a difference of 2 or 3 minutes with a different connection
Could you please share screenshots of the time disparities that you've noticed? Knowing which events you are participating in as well as the exact differences in time would greatly help our support team.

aleksandaram

Internet is important, but more important is the speed of the device. If developers are finally optimizing the game, the difference in the internet will not be noticeable. I play much heavier games with much higher requirements and much more dynamic and detailed graphics and I have no problem with a 3 year old device. However, with Narcos, I experience problems with the smooth running of the game. Even sometimes it's a complete --to play normally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willow

It is an absolute load of ........ I no.deployed all 37 bases in a time of 22 mins... 1sT place.its 9 mins... so.how is this .. I know Australia has poor internet speeds .. so.hiw can ftx make this fair... it's always about internet speeds.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
It is an absolute load of ........ I no.deployed all 37 bases in a time of 22 mins... 1sT place.its 9 mins... so.how is this .. I know Australia has poor internet speeds .. so.hiw can ftx make this fair... it's always about internet speeds.
As I have mentioned above, please send screenshots relevant to these time disparities to our support team through email at narcos@ftxgames.com with an explanation of what's happening. Our support team is keen to look into this further.