Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEW PLAYERS BUILD GUIDE - APRIL 2020

Snark

If you are new or building a new account because you got conned by FTX tooltips into building badly here is an updated guide.

All of the other Reddit, Youtube, Facebook guides will lead you to ruin and I wish I had someone tell me this from the beginning should you decide to be a bit more competitive in this game.

*this will not go through picking your class types, offensive guide, sicarios, or layouts, PURELY what to, and what not to build, this will save your account.
*Hopefully by posting this, FTX will see how badly broken some of this stuff is in its current state (but probably not)

DO NOT BUILD
  • Mortars
  • Flamethrowers
  • Bank
  • Iron Mine
  • Quarry
  • Lab's (Do not even upgrade the one provided to you at the start of the game)
  • More than 1 or 2 storages (Never build 3 storages early in the game, ever! always upgrade) *1 storage can be used but this will cost you a lot of gold when upgrading your base weapons.
  • More than 1 Product Storage (Never build more than 1 Product Storage early in the game, ever! always upgrade)
* Nerve Gas Cannons are subjective, and by the time you make it this far, you will make that call for yourself. Pro's and Con's to building these

Mandatory to keep upgraded: (Or you will have a bad time)
  • Finca
  • Squad Camps
  • Training Camp
  • Training Camp upgrade for your 1, or 2 selected squad types. (Example: Flacos or Fuegos early game, Trucks or Torchers later game, or pure flaco, pure fuego)
  • Training Camp upgrade for flash.
  • Helipad
* Training Camp upgrades that are subjective to your playstyle incl.: Squad type, Missiles, Firebomb, C4, Mines
* Bunker is subjective, the alternatives to building this would be to use gold for shields; spending is not for everyone and if it's not for you, build the bunker.

Keep Upgraded:

Piercing Cannons, Rocket Launchers, Cannons, Machine Guns, Guerilla Building (Inside Guerrilla, ALWAYS use the same squad type for both offensive buildings, your call on the Guerilla defensive weapons) *Guard Towers

*Subjective after a certain point, but by then you will make that call for yourself.

Reasoning:

The LESS you build, the LESS energy an attacker can gain off destroying these buildings, the LESS they can use missiles, firebombs, flash skills against you.

The point in not building the items listed in the first sections, is that they are all utterly useless! Do not rush to reach the highest level possible, you can not unbuild. It's far better to lose all your resources, than to overbuild or to build anything in the first section.

• mortars and flamethrowers are only effective up to around the mid teens, and after that they are 1000% junk, so just push through those levels and DO NOT build them at all.
  • The 1 Lab you get at the start of the game should not be upgraded AT ALL. The game may seem to be based around delivering "product" but it is 100% the opposite. Only 1 event utilizes enough "product" to even need a lab. "Product" is gained super easily by clearing your map bases.
  • Do not build 2 Product Storages, only upgrade the 1 as you see fit (Keep it as low as possible for your deliveries). Only 1 event utilizes enough "product" to even need a Product Storage, if you wish to not participate in that event and only war, do not even build a product storage at all.
  • Bank, Quarry, Iron Mine do not give you enough resources to warrant the energy gained by an attacker should they hit your base (they take up alot of tiles and give your attackers easy energy, which ties into base layout) If you can clear your map, you will have enough resources to build your weapons, all resources are acquired easily from beating other players, AI bases and events. These buildings are COMPLETELY useless, do not build them. Do not rush!

I have 16 unbuilt buildings at my level, each one of those unbuilt buildings has made my base immensely harder than the people who overbuilt (*Subjective to layout).
Take your time and prosper, don't pay any attention to the FTX tooltips when they suggest buildings for you to build, there is a lot of complete junk in there and weaponry in dire need of an update.

Beeftaco

Yes, please build less buildings... the lesser buildings, the quicker my fuegos get to the defenses. Thanks!

Reactions: H2O

Snark

Yes, please build less buildings... the lesser buildings, the quicker my fuegos get to the defenses. Thanks!
True, however, layout + sicario's and a minimalist setup as described above makes a players base WAY harder to beat (and a much higher chance of getting gold from tombstones and defends in war) than having a plethora of garbage buildings and underleveled defensive weapons (which will result in very minimal troop losses for the attacker and pose little threat to most players in war)

Trucks will run your base down with ease if you overbuild and allow them to gain energy off of your overbuilt base, the same with fuegos, flacos, etc...

The only benefit of overbuilding, is building pre-defensive area david traps on corner bases (arguably) that only work for all david fuego full deployers who need to be in the core of your base before their time runs out, and even then, everything is beatable with simple area clears and focus movement, amongst many other strategies.

The vast majority and in 99% of the cases, minimalism is ultimately the best way to go vs. the most player types.

Your defenses hit way harder maxing out the proper defensive weapons, not wasting exp on garbage buildings, which allows for higher levels of defensive weapons and you give the attacker less energy.

This build path will net you far greater defends than a typical player who builds everything.

Snark

Sam information Sicarios Skills,Talents!!
Good Defensive Sicarios:
  • Don Neto
  • Hector Palma
  • Isabella
Good Utility Sicarios:
  • Joaquin
  • Espina
  • El Padrino
  • Noso
  • Hotshot
Mediocre Defensive Sicarios:
  • Jorge
  • Sara
  • Butcher
  • Sapper
  • Sebastien
Mediocre Utility Sicarios:
  • Maeve
  • Vista (could be classed as good, but very specific layout)
For sicario's I usually run:

2 Neto/Palma (35% to all buildings health) with perfect 15% (16% upgraded) health to all talents.
4 Isabellas (35% damage to all buildings) with perfect 15% (16% upgraded) health to all talents.

2 utility sicario's:
(Espina or Joaquin = 80% slow added to Machine Guns for 5 seconds) with perfect 15% (16% upgraded) health to all talents.
(Noso/Hotshot/El Padrino) with perfect 15% (16% upgraded) health to all talents.

With the addition of the shield generator's now being a permanent addition to this game, this is very subject to change.

Sometimes I will run 5 Isabellas, 2 Neto's, and an Espina, or, 6 Isabella, 1 Neto, 1 Espina. It all depends on who we are warring and ultimately, how much you want to spend on getting perfect talents as this game is very unforgiving regarding talent acquisition which gatekeeps those who spend and those who do not spend into a very limiting power gap.

There are many different combos you can use, but typically, If you run alot of Damage to all sicarios you want all health talents, as if you run all Neto's for defensive sicarios, and then all health talents, you're buildings wont hit very hard (albeit they will take along time to destroy which may be effective vs some players) and you run the risk of arguably wasting $ putting damage talents on the most rare sicario (Don Neto/Palma) when Isabella's are much easier to aquire for your damage needs. There are alot of combos to use depending on your base layout, which makes this game fun.

Lower levels are a different beast also, you will encounter much more flaco and fuego players, and using 3 damage sicarios, 1 Neto if possible, 1 Utility sicario if possible (Espina, Joaquin, El Padrino, Maeve) would probably net you the best defensive returns (Or just using all Sebastien, Butcher, Sapper, Sara's, damage sicarios etc with any combo of health/damage talents). As a new player Isabellas and Neto's are much harder to find, I still however, would rock non perfect health or damage talents in a what comes first deal when starting off talenting your sics, until I found/bought an Isabella / Neto / Joaquin to make perfect, and just use your best sicarios that you've got at the time (keeping in mind most of these starter sics will be trashed {aside from Butcher, Sapper, Maeve which you can still use at higher levels to be effective} when you find good +ALL health/damage sicarios in the future, so don't spend heavily on talenting these beginner sicarios starting out, they quickly become a money pit of regret when you replace them)

Finding the balance between damage to all, health to all talents on sicarios like Don Neto, Hector Palma, Isabella, Joaquin, Noso/Padrino is something you can play with overtime. But don't waste your gold on talents for any other sicarios like Lady, Cleeves, Victor, Walker, Maiz, Forta, Aria, Smokey, Reaper, etc these sicarios have ran their course and are super outdated as other sicarios have become alot more benefitial. Butcher, Sebastien, Sara, Jorge, Maeve, Sapper are decent beginner sicarios to spend super lightly on aquiring to get you into the mid 30's and 40's even 50's when you can aquire/purchase the "better" ones. Health to all sicarios or Damage to all sicarios are what you want to be using for longevity.

As for skills on your sicarios, Ground Defense is a great one to start off with, as this will prevent your buildings/finca in range from being missiled or firebombed away, some players have crazy missile/FB teams that will ruin you in seconds without deploying any troops (yay for the shield generator). I run 5 sicarios with Ground Defense, and 3 sicarios using Protective Fury more often than not to safeguard my WT as much as possible, but new players can find success in more Protective Fury, little GD and shield generator. Typically GD and PF are your best bet for getting good defends in arguably that ratio, but often also use the opposite, 3 Ground Defense 5 Protective Fury, these are all things you can configure on different sicarios and play with in different combos/scenarios as you level up ( keeping in mind, Dice are also extremely rare, so you want to commit to something and build around this ratio as changing skill slots is not fun, alongside rolling talents as this is exacerbated at lower levels especially since they are super great to have, but you'll be wasting dice and gold perfecting sicarios that are less than ideal if you go all out on say a Reaper) very subject to how you want to play the defensive game, everyone is different.

Hope that helped somewhat as there are many possibilities to play with, every base is beatable but the key here is to not overspend talenting out bad sicarios as you'll just have to do it again should you desire to be a bit more competitive in the later levels.