Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Request: Mini Shields 4 hour duration 13 gold

double pownage

Good day

While this does not fix the bad game design problem, i believe offering smaller duration shields can help alot with offering better gameplay.

Most of the time, u don`t need a 24 hour shield, 1 hour or a few hours are sometimes all that u need.
So let us buy 1 hour shields,3 hour shields, 4 hour shields. Give us more options.

This will fix the always online problem a small bit. Since everyone needs to finish their big upgrades, u cant log off. So having a small duration shield, will help getting people offline and thus improves everyones experience.

Also because the small duration shields should be alot cheaper, everyone will be spending small bits of gold and this will increase their enjoyment of the game while still spending gold but more spread out when u need it.

So a 24 hour shield cost 80 gold, so a 1 hour shield should cost 3.5 gold

Having to stay online for too many hours is very unhealthy for players, leads to burnout and quitting. Small duration shields will allow players to take a break and finish their upgrade when they want.

More people will be spending gold and by not feeling stressed to stay online for hours without a break will be happier and more likely to stay in the game.

Reactions: Ben

VeniVidiVici

Banned
Thats not good idea at least for me im happy with these. If u need bigger volume of resources just take an hour to attacking enemies and problem solved, but i know sometimes u have a lot resources in storage but no free builders and must wait exp. 5h or more, but even then i buy shield 24h and at the end build 2 buildings instead 1

Centipede

Gold should not be the only way to obtain shields. They can offer a 12 hour shield that we can craft, even if it takes 24 hours, at least give us a free alternative to upgrading & leveling up.

At this point, after lvl 30s, there are zero ways to upgrade without spending real money. If FTX really wanted 5, 10million users, they would make this happen. Even if it takes us forever in wait times to craft shields, at least the option would be there

double pownage

Why would i want to spend gold on 1 day shielf when i need protection for a few hours. Your point to buy 1 day shield makes no sense since u cant attack players but with short shueld , u can

CRABNUTZ

Why would i want to spend gold on 1 day shielf when i need protection for a few hours. Your point to buy 1 day shield makes no sense since u cant attack players but with short shueld , u can
I think the idea is to wait to attack players. Allow your map time to fill up some. If you're impatient like I am, then you must choose to drop your shield, attack players, and then buy another one.

If you look at the pricing of shields, it's 200 for a 7 day, 120 for a 2 day, and 80 for a single day. Certainly a diminished return on time/gold ratio.

Perhaps a 12 hour shield for 50 gold would fit into the balance and dynamic of the game?! Does that sound fair @Chase - FTX Games ?

Mike Toreno

I think the idea is to wait to attack players. Allow your map time to fill up some. If you're impatient like I am, then you must choose to drop your shield, attack players, and then buy another one.

If you look at the pricing of shields, it's 200 for a 7 day, 120 for a 2 day, and 80 for a single day. Certainly a diminished return on time/gold ratio.

Perhaps a 12 hour shield for 50 gold would fit into the balance and dynamic of the game?! Does that sound fair @Chase - FTX Games ?
That is no good option, if the " shield protection activates immediately after ur Finca is raided
by a rival cartel ". then it is a welcome feature for the game.

double pownage

Bumping, because would help alot to be able to take short break during big upgrade and lessen the need to be online always.

Mike Toreno

The system works better if after a raid ,attack your shield is switched to active
unless u raid a rival Finca the shield won't be disabled until time lapse then your shield
would be inactive. TIME duration of Shield Protection is systemic.

Master B

Good day

While this does not fix the bad game design problem, i believe offering smaller duration shields can help alot with offering better gameplay.

Most of the time, u don`t need a 24 hour shield, 1 hour or a few hours are sometimes all that u need.
So let us buy 1 hour shields,3 hour shields, 4 hour shields. Give us more options.

This will fix the always online problem a small bit. Since everyone needs to finish their big upgrades, u cant log off. So having a small duration shield, will help getting people offline and thus improves everyones experience.

Also because the small duration shields should be alot cheaper, everyone will be spending small bits of gold and this will increase their enjoyment of the game while still spending gold but more spread out when u need it.

So a 24 hour shield cost 80 gold, so a 1 hour shield should cost 3.5 gold

Having to stay online for too many hours is very unhealthy for players, leads to burnout and quitting. Small duration shields will allow players to take a break and finish their upgrade when they want.

More people will be spending gold and by not feeling stressed to stay online for hours without a break will be happier and more likely to stay in the game.
I don't think you actually understand what you posted right here.. that means i will put a shield of 4 hours.. i will be vulnerable to attacks.. and when vulnerable message disappears i would cancel the shield, start attacking other players for 3-4 hours (because it is known that the message won't appear exactly in 3 hours of being active) and after clearing map as much as I can, (that means nobody can attack me) then i will put a shield again.. they will attack me and I won't lose any resource.. meaning that I would be only attackable when vulnerable is ON .. few times per day.. actually 3-4 hours.. And I won't lose any resource.. That doesn't make sence, because everyone would be building Finca and helipad easily because the would have enormous amounts of resources...

CRABNUTZ

That is no good option, if the " shield protection activates immediately after ur Finca is raided
by a rival cartel ". then it is a welcome feature for the game.
How is it no good? It's just a continuance of the options we already have, but a slimmer timeframe for less gold.