Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saving the resources required for large upgrades

lobsterboy

11 months have gone by since I started this game and 8 months since I started this thread. This is a game of extreme patience for a player with a low financial investment of $80 in the game. I now use a Diego missile no deploy team with 42% big bang. I can no deploy or short deploy most bases and either deploy troops on the ones I can't or just switch them up for new bases. I normally just log in when an upgrade is finished and spend 10 to 20 minutes destroying everything I can to start another upgrade with the resources I have gained. I have 3 upgrades going at all times. I am just plowing through my remaining upgrades now and attempting to max out my account, which was my objective when I started playing this game. I don't see any reason why I can't have my account maxed out by the end of this year.

lobsterboy

Today marks my 1 year anniversary of playing this game. I am level 53.5 and have invested about $100 CDN dollars (appr $80 USD) into the game. I was made to feel very special recently by purchasing a shiny green emerald in order to obtain some dice . Since it is rare, most of you probably haven't even seen it. I am pretty sure it was a special reward just for the most very valued players. Thanks, FTX. This rare green emerald was an opportunity to get some much needed gold to try my luck at changing a talent slot. I came up empty handed when the slot I needed to change kept changing to the wrong color. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This won't happen again.

Unfortunately, I believe this game has nearly run its course with me. I finally got to a point where I could no deploy most bases and then Forta was introduced. For those of you who don't know who Forta is, she is similar to Waldo but sometimes even harder to find. I spend most of my game time searching for her on enemy bases. I don't think I care much for this new Finding Forta game, actually. Seems like a silly waste of time.

I find myself at a crossroads but I am not going to make the inevitable decision just yet. I will keep plugging away at my upgrades and making the best contribution I can to my cartel. I really do want the satisfaction of being able to say that I maxed out my account in Narcos: Cartel Wars. The sad fact is that that anticipated level of satisfaction keeps declining. I will try to keep my chin up, though. It can only get better from here, right?

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to me! If there are any big fish who feel like they need a new home, Green Suicide is hiring. You will see us on the global leaderboards real soon.

LVMonkey

Happy Anniversary @lobsterboy !!

I understand completely where you're at. I was there a couple of months ago, even before Forta was introduced. Giving an hour of my day to clear the map with no deploy to donate to the cartel and participate in wars was keeping me interested.

Since Forta was introduced clearing my map takes hours and hours of time with little to no reward. After deploying a base or two the cost of replenishing troops eats up everything that was earned because the cost/reward ratio is GROSSLY UNBALANCED! Because of this I can't even donate to the cartel after hours of map play. That is extremely poor play design.

In order to get back to no deploying I have to upgrade my scorpions, done, and now i'm waiting on dice to change my skill slots on all of them... And, like you, i went back and forth on 2 wrong colors 5 times on one slot and blew all the dice i earned from the event that i barely had the "game cash" to play because i can't clear my map to collect it.
Now I'm waiting for the next event so that i can maybe change 1 slot again. That means I need roughly 8 events to have enough dice for changing all the slots.. which is how many months??
By the time my scorpions are ready, they'll have another sicario that reduces bombs and makes them irrelevant. It's a garbage cycle.

The introduction of the GD/BB, etc.. has skewed the game so heavily to the big spenders that even the little spenders don't stand a chance, so now why spend anything at all, including my time playing it???

There are way better games that require little to no money to play and grow, and worthy of our time investment, as you already know! ;)

Let this game go and spend that wasted time doing great things elsewhere in life. You can't get time refunded.

This could have been the greatest game of all time, but greed killed it. @Chase - FTX Games

Last edited: