Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

State of the game II

Yeo

Hopefully you're still around @Chase - FTX Games and haven't been chased off by all the trolls.

Has there been any news on fixing resource management?

As I continue to level up, it's become apparent that there is a pay wall barrier preventing players from progressing unless they spend gold. A reoccurring complaint that players have brought up is the difficulty in protecting resources due to the combination of bunker being junk and losing more than you gain through raids.

At my current level(45), any upgrade will cost millions in each resource. Currently the only ways to protect personal resources are: strong def sicarios with talents or shields. Both of which require the use of gold.

Problem is the game is not very charitable with gold. The measly gold gained from various opportunities in the game is not enough to make up for how much it costs to do anything. As an example, I'm waiting on Day 100 to gain 150 gold; which is only enough to purchase a 2 day shield. 100 days of playing just to protect your base for 2 days. That's almost insulting if I forgot this was a free game.

I understand this is a freemium game and will have all the usual pay to win shenanigans associated with it. However, I think there is a difference between pay to win and pay to play. I have no problem with the former, but in its current state, the game has become more like the latter. I don't know if anybody at FTX actually play the game themselves, but I honestly see no way to progress unless you spend money for gold. I don't mind getting no-deployed, max Reaper'ed....etc. Those players paid money for those benefits and should have an edge over players like me, but I've never played a p2w game that inherently blocked player progression if they didn't pay up. Usually it just means more time and effort grinding but there is no chance of that in this game.

I would love some official clarification on if this is part of the game design -- ie, requiring to spend money in order to play after hitting the level threshold.

I2el3ell

Hopefully you're still around @Chase - FTX Games and haven't been chased off by all the trolls.

As I continue to level up, it's become apparent that there is a pay wall barrier preventing players from progressing unless they spend gold. A reoccurring complaint that players have brought up is the difficulty in protecting resources due to the combination of bunker being junk and losing more than you gain through raids.

At my current level(45), any upgrade will cost millions in each resource. Currently the only ways to protect personal resources are: strong def sicarios with talents or shields. Both of which require the use of gold.

Problem is the game is not very charitable with gold. The measly gold gained from various opportunities in the game is not enough to make up for how much it costs to do anything. As an example, I'm waiting on Day 100 to gain 150 gold; which is only enough to purchase a 2 day shield. 100 days of playing just to protect your base for 2 days. That's almost insulting if I forgot this was a free game.

I understand this is a freemium game and will have all the usual pay to win shenanigans associated with it. However, I think there is a difference between pay to win and pay to play. I have no problem with the former, but in its current state, the game has become more like the latter. I don't know if anybody at FTX actually play the game themselves, but I honestly see no way to progress unless you spend money for gold. I don't mind getting no-deployed, max Reaper'ed....etc. Those players paid money for those benefits and should have an edge over players like me, but I've never played a p2w game that inherently blocked player progression if they didn't pay up. Usually it just means more time and effort grinding but there is no chance of that in this game.

I would love some official clarification on if this is part of the game design -- ie, requiring to spend money in order to play after hitting the level threshold.
No one told them to rather use ads to generate Money.. Would have been the easier way for them.. And players without spending money would also stop to Complain.

GHI1968

Don't know the technical difficulties of doing it but would it be possible to run two versions of Narcos?

One is free to play and would let you spend a max of maybe $10 on it to give you a boost at the start with an extra builder etc (the $ limit lasts the life of the time you play)

Once you get to the set $ budget you would be warned that your next purchase would put you into the higher level game and be put into leagues/maps etc with the players who want to spend big.

If you wanted to you could go straight into the paid version of the game after being shown a warning notice etc.

Don't know it its possible but it might be an option?

Mad 666

I always wait for the extra 50 gold and get 7 days....doesn't take too many ads etc to save for them