Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Update: Skills Manual!!!

BillyBob

Banned
Buy GOLD and play Roulette.
3000, maybe 4000 Gold until ya get a full set to activate. :eek:
Then you start again on the new sicario set. :p
Hence.....

Buy more gold. o_O

---> Pay to Play <---

Required. Not an option.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

WorldCitizen

Sorry people this is it. I am not going to go on with this manual. The game just doesn't entice me like before. Te be honest, it's the monitization model which has broken the fun for me.

If anybody want's the source of this topic so you can go on.. please feel free to PM me. I'll be on the forum for a week or maybe 2.

lobsterboy

Sorry people this is it. I am not going to go on with this manual. The game just doesn't entice me like before. Te be honest, it's the monitization model which has broken the fun for me.

If anybody want's the source of this topic so you can go on.. please feel free to PM me. I'll be on the forum for a week or maybe 2.
Hard to see everyone giving up on this game while the game self destructs. I had also written a guide on saving for big upgrades but have lost the desire to continue with that, as well.

Bonzo

Just wanna say appreciate the effort you guys put in trying to help players through this skills debacle.

What you have done is peeled back the curtain a bit and given a glimpse of the inner workings of the Narcos slot machine.

The odds are against you at every turn and the odds are controlled. Every new element introduced to the game and thereafter every turn you take, you find no options you can choose, just paid for chances at getting some goody or other.

So you cannot plan ahead with any kind of budget in mind. Just throw gold at the machine until eventually, hopefully you get what you want/need to progress.

It's a shame because at it's core this is a really good game. I'm still playing, enjoying my first cartel wars and still have a little room to upgrade before my gold runs out. Leagues? Not bothered.

If you want to be amongst the best players in this game, you better have deep, deep pockets.

Later.

WorldCitizen

If you want to be amongst the best players in this game, you better have deep, deep pockets.

Later.
Well thats kind of the problem. Buying power with money kills any sort of development in strategie. Players dont play smarter they simpley buy more power.

I would say the better method is to let players buy time instead of power. While I could live with the talent option in Narcos, I can not with the skills. No way a player with above average skill is possible to beat a full paying player.

The Challange to beat a powerfull player with skills is far to find in Narcos.

"To be amongst the best players you need deep pockets" is not the complete picture. In Narcos no one can win with skill... so "the best" doesnt count in Narcos.

F0fu5c0

Well thats kind of the problem. Buying power with money kills any sort of development in strategie. Players dont play smarter they simpley buy more power.

I would say the better method is to let players buy time instead of power. While I could live with the talent option in Narcos, I can not with the skills. No way a player with above average skill is possible to beat a full paying player.

The Challange to beat a powerfull player with skills is far to find in Narcos.

"To be amongst the best players you need deep pockets" is not the complete picture. In Narcos no one can win with skill... so "the best" doesnt count in Narcos.
Very well explained. As they are right now, Skills broke the game. First, talents unbalanced the game, requiring gold to gain an advantage. Then, the removal of the boats forced gold usage, as it became impossible to save resources without purchasing shields.

Reapers forced yet more gold to be spent.

Now Skills are the final nail in the coffin.

As the game is right now, assuming no changes for the better will be made - and, let's face it, they most likely won't be made - this is not a game anymore.

It's an auction. Highest gold bidder for the most skills wins. There's no stage in the game that depends on skill or strategy to win anymore.