Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why ??

Val Entino

Thanks for the event, thanks for the promo talents !

BUT

WHY SOME PLAYER HAVE TO SPEND 35 GOLD FOR SWITCH AND OTHER PLAYER HAVE TO SPEND 25/15 ???

THIS IS JUST UNFAIR

DO A TRUE PROMO 15/20 FOR SWITCH. FOR ALL PLAYER PLEASE..

LeeMuerto

Its based on your level. Same as raid events - some players get half a map, some get a full map. Roulette is the same - in my Mini account I pay 100 gold per spin, in my max account 300 per spin.

I think it makes a lot of sense... You charge people what they can afford and hope that it never comes up. If it does, you just ignore, because players are gonna spend what they can spend.

copyninja

Apparently, if you spend money to buy gold with FTX, your movie nights drop from 4 to 1 and all the talent/building sales promo will require more gold to upgrade. At least that's the difference I noticed after purchasing some discount pack

Honeybadger

UNFAIR PLS UPDATE...
For the people who haven't spent much money in the game, they tease them with sorts of deals like 50% emerald instead of the 20% high spenders get and 50% talent sale for low spenders and 25% for high spenders. It's a odd tactic they have if you keep buying 4..99$ packs then buy 9.99$ packs then switch to 19.99$ packs it will eliminate all of those and only give you 49.99$ and 99.99$ packs apart from the weekly sicario they sell for 19.99$ Blue sicario and 50.00$ pink star.

LeeMuerto

Agreed ...

It really is normal practice in pricing though -- not unique to this game, not even unique to games in general.

We all get taken by this kind of pricing every day.

Consider a discount coupon: "50% off your first order." "Free shipping during your first month." "Get 3 months at 50% off with a 12 month contract." "Take the $5 combo because the drink costs $3 on its own."

Same as my subscriptions to ... Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, you name it, even premium credit cards come with with year fee waived.

Its all the same. You need to slowly ease people into the idea of spending. The $5 extra builder got my first purchase in this game, I would never have jumped to a $99 pack. I don't think they even offered it, it wouldn't make sense to offer it until after someone spends the $5 for the first pack to break the ice.

And if people stop spending you start offering the low offer again to see if you can get them back on board. That's retention. Try cancelling your mobile phone service plan and watch the amazing offers they start to throw at you.

Renan

Agreed ...

It really is normal practice in pricing though -- not unique to this game, not even unique to games in general.

We all get taken by this kind of pricing every day.

Consider a discount coupon: "50% off your first order." "Free shipping during your first month." "Get 3 months at 50% off with a 12 month contract." "Take the $5 combo because the drink costs $3 on its own."

Same as my subscriptions to ... Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, you name it, even premium credit cards come with with year fee waived.

Its all the same. You need to slowly ease people into the idea of spending. The $5 extra builder got my first purchase in this game, I would never have jumped to a $99 pack. I don't think they even offered it, it wouldn't make sense to offer it until after someone spends the $5 for the first pack to break the ice.

And if people stop spending you start offering the low offer again to see if you can get them back on board. That's retention. Try cancelling your mobile phone service plan and watch the amazing offers they start to throw at you.
You're correct indeed but you didn't fully solve the issue here. This kind of pricing to specific customers should only be applicable to daily/weekly offers and gold packs. You go to your favourite clothing store and you see a 50% discount on an item you could really use everyday to go to work, the discount is available for EVERYONE regardless of how much we've spent in that store. In fact, it's sometimes even better if you have membership/loyalty cards that can give you an extra 5-10% off. How would you feel if you get less discount than other customers?

This is probably what makes people furious and leave the game. Some have spent a lot of money in the game but they are only being encouraged to spend even more without getting the same or better privilege when it comes to in-game promos. FTX must think they can live with money coming from new customers. But I'm pretty sure the drop-out ratio for legit new players (not 2nd accounts) has increased compared to let's say 12 months ago when the game was great and teasing everyone's minds.

Last edited:

DDRR

Thanks renan! We are telling this over and over again!
Why does ftx not understand these simple basics?

Renan

There's nothing basic about them. They eat caviar for breakfast, wagyu steaks for lunch, luwak coffee in the afternoon, and drink a 100 year-old wine after work ;)