Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who actually spends cash in game and how much?

Hi guys,

Newbie here again.

A thousand thanks for your previous replies to my other question. Some very interesting and helpful information posted.

I'd like to ask another question though I realise it's probably none of my business.

That would be how much have and do you guys all spend on the game?

I know not all will want to be entirely honest if as indicated in some replies to my former; $1000s of dollars have been dumped by many. It would help me in my decision making to gauge just how much I can expect to be taken for. It all seems a bit much to be honest.

Also if you were a 'former' spender and have stopped please leave a little info on that and why if you have the time.

Many thanks chaps.

Appreciated

lobsterboy

I spent about $75 CDN / $65 USD early on in the game but only because I felt like FTX deserved my money for what I thought was a well developed game, even if 90% of it was copied from Supercell's Boom Beach. I stopped spending 4 months ago. I am still progressing almost effortlessly but I spend a lot of time planning my next moves, when I have time to clear my map, when to shield, etc. I have 5 kids, a wife who is in law school, and a busy life myself but I still manage to get the job done without spending. I have earned 18,000 honest gold from the offer wall and this is going to keep me in business for some time. I enjoy the game and don't have a lot invested. You will see lots of negative feedback on this forum, mostly from people who have a lot of personal money invested and are beginning to feel like they are being milked. I am not happy with the current state of the game but I enjoy playing and I enjoy wars with the people in my cartel. I never got taken for more than I feel comfortable spending and don't plan to. I take my gaming efforts seriously but, in the end, it is a game and a game that isn't worth much of my hard earned money in it's current state.

I copied my post from this thread:

https://ftxgames.com/forums/threads/looking-for-advice-from-experienced-game-participants.11877/#post-28499

double pownage

Spended 50 euro at start, level 47 now , not gonna spend anything unless this game is getting fun. Buying stuff to get strong is cheating and not fun or hard to do.

I saved all my gold over past 6 months and wasted them on talent reduction.

So yes i would say that u need talents at certain level becomes unplayable.

Ouch! I guess that may be the type of frivolousness that has motivated ftx to price 99% of players out of the game. Looking for the whale........forgotten about their bread and butter

double pownage

Makes no sense to spend money here.

This game will never be great.

Ftx sells cheats, hasnt made any improvements to make game better in ages, even very simple fixes to enjoy beter like revenge list.

No enjoyment buying overpowered stuff, this is all short euphoria. Feels good for while.
But does it make it fun, no.

Like playing any other game in godmode. U strong, unkillable but u get bored fast. Only kids find that stuff funny.

A game is meant to be beaten with brains or good decisions.

Just turned into brainless godmode, doesnt chalkenge me at all, only my wallet.

This game is prime example of fools supporting junk. Support good games if u wanne waste your money at least u know game will get beter in year not worse

Reactions: YKa
Makes no sense to spend money here.

This game will never be great.

Ftx sells cheats, hasnt made any improvements to make game better in ages, even very simple fixes to enjoy beter like revenge list.

No enjoyment buying overpowered stuff, this is all short euphoria. Feels good for while.
But does it make it fun, no.

Like playing any other game in godmode. U strong, unkillable but u get bored fast. Only kids find that stuff funny.

A game is meant to be beaten with brains or good decisions.

Just turned into brainless godmode, doesnt chalkenge me at all, only my wallet.

This game is prime example of fools supporting junk. Support good games if u wanne waste your money at least u know game will get beter in year not worse
Well said old chap. We'll said indeed

CRABNUTZ

When you start worrying about your own financial situation, and stop counting the next mans money, you might find yourself with enough of an entertainment budget to compete in a game like this. A game that you are clearly infatuated with, judging by your continued forum activity.

If someone decides they want to spend a million dollars on this game, and it's in their budget to do so...that's their own prerogative, and in no way, shape, or form any of your business.

It's all relative. If you can't afford to keep up, it's not FTX fault. The game will sort itself out, regardless. If it succeeds, it succeeds. If it dies, it dies. Myself and other top players will go spend thousands more on the next game we decide to play, because it's in our budget.

double pownage

Crabnutz when i spend money, i do it so game gets beter for my enjoyment.

Your the reason why so many d- tier games stay alive. With good games i know i gonna get cool stuff to play.
They pee on your face and u give them your money. Guess u enjoy getting fuced over.

CRABNUTZ

As I said, it's all relative. If you think the game sucks, then stop playing. It's really that simple. However, it's foolish to attempt to patronize people that spend money on this game. It's THEIR dollars and THEIR respective idea of entertainment purchased with those dollars.

If this is a "d-tier" game, and on the "good" games you get "cool" stuff to play, why are you still here?! Your mere presence here completely repudiates any arguments you've presented or are going to present.

I get it. You're in love with this game, but she broke up with you because she's too high maintenance for you. So now, you attempt to enact revenge on her by badmouthing her, and her current and future suitors. Get over it, bro.

Randylayhe

As I said, it's all relative. If you think the game sucks, then stop playing. It's really that simple. However, it's foolish to attempt to patronize people that spend money on this game. It's THEIR dollars and THEIR respective idea of entertainment purchased with those dollars.

If this is a "d-tier" game, and on the "good" games you get "cool" stuff to play, why are you still here?! Your mere presence here completely repudiates any arguments you've presented or are going to present.

I get it. You're in love with this game, but she broke up with you because she's too high maintenance for you. So now, you attempt to enact revenge on her by badmouthing her, and her current and future suitors. Get over it, bro.
Well said crabzz

Segovia

I have spent almost £200 in just 4 months, which is about $260 dollars. It's the most I've ever spent in any game, so it's no big dealio

Addicted brothers 2

Join addicted brothers. high level and good stats. Nr1 in netherlands. We give you a lot of extras. But therefore we need you. Please give it a try

Capos club level 30
Finca level 30
Compound level 60
Cartel player rate over 9000
Won almost 100 wars