Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AI base levels are getting ridiculous

samblack

Greetings,

Here's my concise frustrated rant:

I'm level 35 with 1023 medals. For the last few weeks I've been getting AI bases that are up to level 42 on my map. I currently have one of those informant bases I'm trying to take out that's level 43. FOURTY THREE.

I've wiped on it 5 times now. Five.

The AI base difficulty should match the player. I don't know what algorithms you guys are using, but this is broken. Games should be fun, not frustrating.

Please make the AI bases match the user level.

Thank you,
Justin

BenOG

Administrator
The AI bases get harder every time you beat them. The idea is to present you with a challenge, if you are able to roll over the AI bases then the algorithm attempts to create a harder challenge for you.

There is an option to use a reroll once per base (all) per 24 hours to search for another base, this can help you but isn't meant as a fix-all. This option can be found when tapping on the base you'd like to reroll and then tapping "find other". I hope this helps.

Whether you rerolled an AI outpost or another player's base, the new base can be either AI or player controlled.

Last edited:

hof

The AI bases get harder every time you beat them. The idea is to present you with a challenge, if you are able to roll over the AI bases then the algorithm attempts to create a harder challenge for you.

There is an option to use a reroll once per base (all) per 24 hours to search for another base, this can help you but isn't meant as a fix-all. This option can be found when tapping on the base you'd like to reroll and then tapping "find other". I hope this helps.

Whether you rerolled an AI outpost or another player's base, the new base can be either AI or player controlled.
LOL you deleted my posts...what rules of the forum did I violate? And yet your edited answer fails to affirm my retort to you...what sad business practices trying to silence members when they are trying to get a clear answer...

BenOG

Administrator
LOL you deleted my posts...what rules of the forum did I violate? And yet your edited answer fails to affirm my retort to you...what sad business practices trying to silence members when they are trying to get a clear answer...
I sent you a direct message "I have hidden our conversation within the thread. The reroll function has not been changed. I am sorry for the confusion I caused you. In fact, the reroll does provide either a new AI or Player controlled base, regardless of the original that was rerolled. I have updated my original post to help with any confusion I might have caused others."

samblack

Ben,
Thanks for the replies.

The AI bases do not get harder "every time you beat them", that would be a true AI algorithm with procedurally generated bases. This is more like a step-function with predesigned bases within (what I'm guessing is) categories of difficulty based on medals. What I'm suggesting is that throwing a bunch of bases into a group and assigning that group based on the number of medals a user has accumulated is not a good way to create a challenge.

The problem with a step function is that once you meet a threshold, all of a sudden this game becomes insanely difficult to play, until eventually you crawl through upgrades and things get a little easier, and then you hit the threshold again. Also, with this approach, it's easy to accumulate medals without increasing the actual strength of your armies, and therefore you get boxed into a corner where the game just becomes ridiculously hard.

Furthermore, even if we make the assumption that this approach is fine, there's still a massive disconnect between the normal AI bases and the Informant base. I mean, think about what's in the Informant base... all super-high, crazy weapons. The base is 3 times as much stuff as a normal AI base. It's just crazy - and I get it, it's supposed to be hard. It'd make sense if the Informant base was somewhat equivalent to my level, but it was a full 8 levels above me.

Generally speaking, good level design includes the concept that a base, map, level, etc. should have the possibility to beat it perfectly (in the case of this game, losing no troops). It should be possible but hard. I simply don't see a way to beat the Informant base in one go without (or even with) losing troops... Especially with an 8 level differential.

Cheers! :)
Justin

Zero_Logic

My alt account is level 38, 3000+ medals.

I keep getting these Level 53 informant bases which currently takes me up to 10+ attempts to kill clear it! this raid is 15 Levels above me!

This is ludicrous to think that matching me against all these sup'd up 6 stun machine guns, 8 sup'd up rocket launchers, and about 6 sup'd up Brute Cannons, combined with 3+ nerve gas cannons, all of which decimate my squads in seconds is going to be a fun "challenge".

At Level 38, pretty much twinked out, I still suffer 10-15 squad wipes lol.

I have also been getting these level 53 informant bases for about 6 months now and nothing changes, no algorithm that down scales the difficulty after wiping 10+ times each week (proving this AI system is not procedural, but rather a hard-coded bracket set of tiers) costing over 1.5 million in repairs and re-attack fee's. No strategy that I can see, or have asked other twink accounts on, as a means of beating this while sustaining acceptable losses or time required.

This is extremist crazy and doubtful that any L38 could clear this with acceptable losses using any Sicario presently offered! (4x Davids can't even make the run at this level) Would love to be proven wrong however, so if you can, please do so!

I definitely hit a wall that is near impossible to pass without zerging this over and over and over, usually only getting this done barely in the time provided... regardless of any amount of strategy used over the past 6 months.

I find a big part of the problem is that the re-attack energy is not supplemented like it is in event raids, this causes the only / "cheapest" way to defeat this 15 Level raid base advantage is by sending in 5-8+ initial attacks without using any energy, purely clearing the overpowered weapons that are closest, 1 attack at a time. Saving energy to clear the insanely OP stun machine guns surrounding this raid's finca.

Suggestions? @Ben - FTX Games or anyone?

Either way, there is definitely a problem with this AI generation, I don't want easy mode, but their is no challenge in sending in 10+ waves of attacks simply zerging this, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

hof

I keep getting these Level 53 informant bases which currently takes me up to 10+ attempts to kill clear it! this raid is 15 Levels above me!

This is ludicrous to think that matching me against all these sup'd up 6 stun machine guns, 8 sup'd up rocket launchers, and about 6 sup'd up Brute Cannons, combined with 3+ nerve gas cannons, all of which decimate my squads in seconds is going to be a fun "challenge".

I have also been getting these level 53 informant bases for about 6 months now and nothing changes, no algorithm that down scales the difficulty after wiping 10+ times each week (proving this AI system is not procedural, but rather a hard-coded bracket set of tiers) costing over 1.5 million in repairs and re-attack fee's. No strategy that I can see, or have asked other twink accounts on, as a means of beating this while sustaining acceptable losses or time required.

This is extremist crazy and doubtful that any L38 could clear this with acceptable losses using any Sicario presently offered! (4x Davids can't even make the run at this level) Would love to be proven wrong however, so if you can, please do so!

I definitely hit a wall that is near impossible to pass without zerging this over and over and over, usually only getting this done barely in the time provided... regardless of any amount of strategy used over the past 6 months.

I find a big part of the problem is that the re-attack energy is not supplemented like it is in event raids, this causes the only / "cheapest" way to defeat this 15 Level raid base advantage is by sending in 5-8+ initial attacks without using any energy, purely clearing the overpowered weapons that are closest, 1 attack at a time. Saving energy to clear the insanely OP stun machine guns surrounding this raid's finca.

Either way, there is definitely a problem with this AI generation, I don't want easy mode, but their is no challenge in sending in 10+ waves of attacks simply zerging this, wouldn't you say?
Join Cartel of Cartels and we will help you get through it and many other challenges of the game.

Neon234

@Zero_Logic

This isn't a problem or a mistake from FTX.

Enemy outpost level is independent of player level. Even at level 66-70, people will have those same 53-55 Level enemy outposts.

As you progress in the game, If you keep attacking enemy outposts more frequently than player bases, the difficulty level of outpost will keep increasing till 55. However the level of player bases will be in the range of +/- 3 of your own level.

This is done to make you attack player bases along with enemy outposts and level up in the game.

The only solution for this is to improve your squads, upgrade abilities in TC, Join a better cartel with good boosts, Get statues, Level up.

Check this video on how to take down outposts

Beeftaco

You think you guys have it bad.... I am a level 32 and my outposta are a ridiculous lvl 54 and 55.... My informant base was just moved up to lvl 56. Seriously dude. Not cool. Yet my fellow cartel members are 3 levels above me with same amount of metals and their outposts are lvl 35 and 36. Please explain that FTX. It's to the point where I stopped spending cash and the game is no longer fun. Why hit an outpost if the rewards get wiped out because i have to use rewards to refill my troops. No thanks

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Beeftaco. Thank you for taking the time to post here! As Neon234 mentioned above, you'll want to make sure you are attacking player bases as well as AI outposts in order to level up. If you focus only on AI outposts, they will continue to become more difficult, and thus less fun to play against.

As someone who thinks going against outposts is more fun than other players, I can understand your frustration. But give it a try and you should find things leveling out a little bit more :)

blood79

I was attacking players as well as AI outposts and still my outpost level raises like these guys. And I'm the player who barely use the "find other" function and clear full map. Probably it's problem that even when you clear full map you do it faster with outposts than players and new outposts spawn meantime so you always clear them more than player bases until you hit the wall that u can't beat outposts like those guys or you improve and always find solution to beat them.
On informant base there is one solution. Maybe not on every single one of them but I get only one pattern now. You need as many energy sicarios as possible. There is always bunch of easy to destroy buildings with firebomb. I use 4 firebomb attacks and gain about 230 energy then retreat, switch sicarios to missile one and attack again destroying the finca. Now it's even possible to destroy it no deploy with one missile sicario and 3 full reward talents Darwin sicarios.