Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Expensive outposts prices

W@tch3r

As the title says why are the prices that high for attacking lvl51+ outposts (20k) with reward of 90k and a chance of losing your attackers that will bring down the profit even more down.

It's almost pointless to go after outposts if it's not part of the mission. Luckily i got my diego's fully missile talented and attacking with parachutes so i can try to push as much as possible out of the profit . But people who are playing for free i understand with 5 nerve gasses in the outposts that it's everything but profitable to attack

And seems resources are now a pain to acquire. As i paid for thousands of dollars so far and all the nerfs that have been going on lately i refuse to keep on paying for shields etc. And just waiting for them to keep on nerfing stuff so i have reason enough to quit the game.

/end whining

Julio

I don't know what level player you are. For me, the outposts have become almost pointless because of the opposite problem. I am a level 47 player and the level 45/46 outposts I am receiving are absolutely no challenge and provide 1/2 the reward of the level 48-54 outposts I was receiving before the update.

A couple of levels back i was having trouble clearing the outposts and then i changed some of my tactics. This game rewards polarization it seems, very strong bombs, or missiles, or troops. Players who focus on Diegos with missile attacks and talents seem to do well. They upgrade the missiles and try for missile talents.

The shield thing is an intentionally designed way to get players to spend gold. At the higher levels, it is virtually impossible to save for upgrades without a shield. The bunker has inadequate protection and you are sure to be raided on a periodic basis.

Here's some strategies I use that you may find useful...

1) In the old days you could let war rewards stay in the port until you were ready to use them. Alas, that's gone with the latest port "update"
2) Let your trucks and base facilities hold your resources until you are ready to use them. They have a limit based on the capacity of the facility that produced them, so you don't want to wait too long.
3) Build up your resources to the bunker level and wait. Let the board fill up with enemies and clear it all at once. I wait until the "vulnerable to attack" thing is over...
4) Let your revenge attacks accumulate and clear them all at once (preferably in conjunction with #3 above). Five days or so seems to be the limit on being able to go back to take revenge.
5) Possibly time war rewards with #2, #3, and #4 above.

These may not be enough without the shield. If not, you could build up your resources to a higher level before you take five days worth of revenge attacks.

Good luck.

W@tch3r

Greetings Julio,

Thanks for the tips but been playing the game for a while now (lvl 48). Letting my revenges accumulate ends up in having a lot of players being online so that is a no go specially for the ones that never go offline.

My problem since the last update that the game starts to feel more like working then actually enjoying it. Even the ships have been removed to force you to use shields as the whole point of the cartel port is dead now. For me to acquire the needed resources to upgrade a building starts to be a pain as the resources are a pain to farm now and are too little for what the high end buildings actually need. To upgrade my squad camp from 18 to 19 and 20 is mission impossible if you don't use shields. Ending up losing over a half million in stones and actually never seeing or hearing from a player
that you can actually get that ammount from. All those resources just dissapear the person that attacked me never gets them...

My whole point is increase at least the resources at higher levels as they force you now to continue throw money at them.

Edit: Added a picture. Look at that base i am not saying it's impossible and i spend enough money to have overpowered diegos to take it out easy. But look at that base and look at the ammount of resources. For a player who plays for free that one is going to be a pain in the ***. And squad camp to 19 cost are 5m, 5m and 4m. Good luck getting it with those resources from outposts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Retryer

I don't know what level player you are. For me, the outposts have become almost pointless because of the opposite problem. I am a level 47 player and the level 45/46 outposts I am receiving are absolutely no challenge and provide 1/2 the reward of the level 48-54 outposts I was receiving before the update.

A couple of levels back i was having trouble clearing the outposts and then i changed some of my tactics. This game rewards polarization it seems, very strong bombs, or missiles, or troops. Players who focus on Diegos with missile attacks and talents seem to do well. They upgrade the missiles and try for missile talents.

The shield thing is an intentionally designed way to get players to spend gold. At the higher levels, it is virtually impossible to save for upgrades without a shield. The bunker has inadequate protection and you are sure to be raided on a periodic basis.

Here's some strategies I use that you may find useful...

1) In the old days you could let war rewards stay in the port until you were ready to use them. Alas, that's gone with the latest port "update"
2) Let your trucks and base facilities hold your resources until you are ready to use them. They have a limit based on the capacity of the facility that produced them, so you don't want to wait too long.
3) Build up your resources to the bunker level and wait. Let the board fill up with enemies and clear it all at once. I wait until the "vulnerable to attack" thing is over...
4) Let your revenge attacks accumulate and clear them all at once (preferably in conjunction with #3 above). Five days or so seems to be the limit on being able to go back to take revenge.
5) Possibly time war rewards with #2, #3, and #4 above.

These may not be enough without the shield. If not, you could build up your resources to a higher level before you take five days worth of revenge attacks.

Good luck.
You just gave ftx ideas for next update ! you`ll see that in 1 week or two we will can`t do those things to protect our resources ! They are so greedy and will do something to make this game more difficult and almost imposible to upgrade our buildings ! I`m sick of those peoples who just wants our money and who don`t cares about our opinion !

Last edited:

Julio

Yeah. I feel your pain W@tch3r. I end up having to use a shield at some point. It's all by design from FTX to get you to spend gold (and money).