Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I officially quit

Jamal

Banned
Just my opinion. But from my perspective I see players complaining and then the devs try fix problems that don't really exist and there is more complaining about those fixes and so on and so on. It's a never ending cycle. I don't plan on ever quitting this game. I have invested way to much money. Someone would have to buy me out for me to quit. Too bad that wasn't an option.
"Problems that dont exist"?? Its so funny bro. If just one or two players say that. Maybe thats true. But here. There is much much players said about that. "Sorry. Just my opinion"

sekou420

"Problems that dont exist"?? Its so funny bro. If just one or two players say that. Maybe thats true. But here. There is much much players said about that. "Sorry. Just my opinion"
You make no sense

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Very accurate post, agree on all of it. The "special event" really was special as you will not see another one for the next 6 months!!!
There is one scheduled extremely soon. If all goes to plan, late this week. Things can get pushed around and typically we do not give dates so we don't disappoint - but I want you to understand how soon this is scheduled. We know players liked this event and intend to keep doing them.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
This is a long post, like many others here - but I will do my best to explain where we are coming from, and what we can do better.

1. Nerfed Fuegos without providing any compensation for those who had spent on them.
This was a misstep for sure. We ran an event to allow troop upgrades at 50% so players could switch to another strategy more quickly because of it. Was this enough? For many, no. This is why we made sure to issue a Gold compensation for the next "nerf" we needed to make for game balance.

In both cases, we need to communicate changes like this with our players IN ADVANCE, not find ways to make it up later. That is one of the main reasons this forum now exists, and I am here speaking with you =).

2. Introduced a sicario that increased rocket launcher damage
I have not seen that many people that thought this was a mistake - but every change has opposition and support on some level.

3. A couple weeks after point 2 - they introduced scorpion... you know.. to destroy the launchers you worked hard to make stronger.
His introduction was not a point of contention for most players, it was his balance. His creation was not the result of any particular defence strat.

4. Then of course, they nerfed scorpion, and acted like it was 'justified' to give people back a minor amount of gold compared to what they spend on talents, sure, we can all say what we want about rolling talents, but take your heads out of your a****, clearly we weren't spending thousands of gold on scorpions talents just coz we felt like it.
For one, no cursing on the forums please. We added compensation for this because we knew it would hurt some player's investment. Some thought it was not adequate compensation - and we will be sure to discuss any compensation in the future with the community in advance.

5. This is the best one right - the devs are extremely clever, dont be fooled:

They introduced these new Guerilla buildings (and made it seem like it was 'for' the event)

THEN A COUPLE WEEKS LATER, made everyone's defense stronger (why? defence was already fine, the only thing that peoples weapons didnt destroy with one hit were gordos and trucks.
This was not the result of Gurilla buildings, but rather a trend in attacking being too easy. The same reason for the Feugo and Scorpion changes. Rather than nerf things, we buffed them - which is what the community asked for.

6. In a COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY MOVE - despite what 'Chase' says, they made the cartel boat more or less useless, again, forcing people to have to spend gold
We made more changes to this in light of feedback - the resources are not added to storage at all until claimed.

7. They have changed matchmaking, and added a bunch of changes that now require more raiding to be done, at a time when hardly any raiding is possible because less people are showing up on the maps.
What are these "bunch of changes"? Please call them out if you wish specific responses.
We pulled back on matchmaking based on feedback here. We may do so again - we are feeling out what the community says now that we issued more changes. We even added some more today in fact and will continue to do our best to improve it.

Ben Dover

Ive just been trawling the forum and seeing what people are saying and stuff, abit surprised you actually came out to respond to me, so ill do you the same courtesy.

This is a long post, like many others here - but I will do my best to explain where we are coming from, and what we can do better.

This was a misstep for sure. We ran an event to allow troop upgrades at 50% so players could switch to another strategy more quickly because of it. Was this enough? For many, no. This is why we made sure to issue a Gold compensation for the next "nerf" we needed to make for game balance.

In both cases, we need to communicate changes like this with our players IN ADVANCE, not find ways to make it up later. That is one of the main reasons this forum now exists, and I am here speaking with you =).
No one has said your past sins are completely unforgivable, im sure there are still plenty of players who are still very much in-love with the game.

I have not seen that many people that thought this was a mistake - but every change has opposition and support on some level.

His introduction was not a point of contention for most players, it was his balance. His creation was not the result of any particular defence strat.
Yeh, i think you've sidestepped the point i was making here, you unbalanced something, and your response was to introduce balance in a way that just forced people to pay if they had any chance at competing with the change you made. Why introduce a rocket launcher sicario and then give everyone the 'perfect' tool to destroy them right after? But, yeh sure, im willing to agree that adding Nicholas and THEN scorpion, may not have been linked, that doesnt change what the effect was though.

For one, no cursing on the forums please. We added compensation for this because we knew it would hurt some player's investment. Some thought it was not adequate compensation - and we will be sure to discuss any compensation in the future with the community in advance.
Your chatting utter POOP, i do not know a single player that thought their compensation was adequate, and the facebook page and LINE chat was littered with people who had responses from the devs simply saying they wouldn't be giving out more compensation, despite people putting the case to them that 'hey.. i spent over 200k on my scorpion talents, and your just castrated him, why am i receiving 50k compensation??'

So please, just dont.. I for instance, only had 6 scorpions or so, all of them had 5/5 firebomb talent, the compensation i received didn't even SCRATCH THE SURFACE of how much i spent getting them to that point. And you can say what you want about giving people direct compensation 'JUST' for rolling for talents - but the fact of the matter, is that if WE had known he was going to be nerfed the way he was, there would have been WAYYYYYY LESSSS investment in him.

So, again, i say - your either chatting utter BS and you've just said that for the sake of saying it because its a forum, ORR (And this is possible) clearly, the players YOU talk to, didnt spend that much in the first place, because NONE of the players i know like myself, that spent a real decent amount of money on him, were EVER compensated 'adequately'.

This was not the result of Gurilla buildings, but rather a trend in attacking being too easy. The same reason for the Feugo and Scorpion changes. Rather than nerf things, we buffed them - which is what the community asked for.
What BULLWAFFLE is this? Who told you 'attacking' was too easy? The only thing that was 'TOO EASY' was destroying someones FINCA without having to even touch down on their base??

I saw you say some tripe in some other thread about it not being as 'easy' to just raise the finca health. Sorry, but who exactly are you trying to fool? it is YOUR GAME, how do you expect us to believe you can buff defence sics, nerf anything you want, at the touch of a button, and you 'couldnt' just add 100k health or so to the finca without making people PAY for it, for something that shouldn't have been happening in the first place

You chose to introduce 2 extra levels to squeeze the the people who pay the most ALREADY - The ironic thing is, for all the players on here that are moaning, they don't realise that the biggest players are the ones who are being ripped the MOST by the fact you can destroy someones finca without deploying, i spent a ton getting my defence sics to all purple and 5/5 building health, and even WITH your new changes - Finca can be destroyed without deploying troops!

I put this to you, and im going to put in a bold so its EXTRA CLEAR, so there can be a CLEAR RESPONSE, from YOU :- Was the game, ever designed to allow people to destroy your finca, without deploying a single troop???

IF Yes is the answer, well, ill be dissapointed, because i wish i had known that before spending plenty on the game.

If NO is the answer, then how can you justify making changes that allow it to keep happening?? And HOW can you be justified in actually expecting people to spend MONEY to stop this from happening?!

We made more changes to this in light of feedback - the resources are not added to storage at all until claimed.
Good..

What are these "bunch of changes"? Please call them out if you wish specific responses.
We pulled back on matchmaking based on feedback here. We may do so again - we are feeling out what the community says now that we issued more changes. We even added some more today in fact and will continue to do our best to improve it.
Sorry, to be more specific, why did you feel the need to add an extra 2 levels to all things offence and defence based?

You've changed nothing, you've increased all offence.. and defense too, nothing has changed, we didnt need an extra two levels, no one was crying for it. All we needed, was extra finca health so that people who have spent THOUSANDS on their base, can stop seeing it getting destroyed at the expense of a few missiles - again, something which you haven't actually fixed.

And i dont know know why you sent me a telling off for inappropriate language to be honest.. i wasnt really planning on posting here i again, after all, the thread title is ive quit lol. i only logged back in to respond to this because you had actually gone out of your way and posted a reply, which im thankful for. But I recommend you focus on the other players who are still playing and willing to throw their cash at the game

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
But I recommend you focus on the other players who are still playing and willing to throw their cash at the game
I spend my time talking to everyone here on the forums, and we genuinely want to address your concerns - your leaving does not make you a problem I don't need to deal with, to me it is the opposite. I want to understand how we can make this game one you want to play and love.

We also really appreciate the time and money you invested with us, and for that my time is always justified speaking with you =).

In any case, I am passing along what you have said here so we can take action.

I want to specifically answer the bolded question - our intention is for troops to be deployed for a successful attack. Missiles and other troop-less attacks are certainly an important aspect, but not the only one we intend to be used. We will continue to make changes (like with Scorpion/Firebomb) to prevent this in the extreme manner is happens sometimes. We are going to do our best to make sure the changes are favorable with the community in the future - and as you mentioned an HP increase to the Finca is something we are looking into.

Rio26

Banned
I agree, and as someone has said, very accurate post, I prefer people point out specific things than just rant and rant about the quality of the game, I've spoken about these things many times, wouldn't be surprised if you are someone I've spoken to on LINE or in-game

If you look at the changes over the last few months, all their 'balancing' changes have simply been a way of saying

Hmmmm, everyone is using this, so let's make it abit worse so they have to use other stuff

^ rinse and repeat

They could have added health to the finca MONTHS ago; that was the only change that was needed to stop the onslaught of complaints about people's fincas being dropped without people deploying

Today's update has me feeling very uncertain about how much I really want to play this game anymore, and I know quite a few others who are feeling the same
Is this Serge who is ranked #1 in the UK?