Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Matchmaking is Not The Big Issue...here is why

Dr.D.Fence

Thank you for creating and FTX games forum where we as players can constructively communicate with the game devs. in hopes of improving the quality of this game. I am a boom beach player and enjoy the similarities of this game to BB and love the extra cartel wars and product that BB does not offer. I play this game mainly for the wars. I have invested real $ in your game as well. Here is what I have a hard time dealing with over the past few months. Many others have expressed the matchmaking issue as well but 1 important problem you are missing I will discuss right now.

I dont mind being raided, its my play style. I do not have the time to sit and play this game hours each day so I spend resources before I log off. the next day I find 3 players have hit my base and I have lost little and I will then have 3 revenge attacks to make in the future and pick up 300 - 400 and even 1000% more then what I lost and no need to fear revenge attacks back. So for many months this strategy has worked great.

Now I am level 41 and level 17 finca upgrade is going to cost 3million wood. 2.5 mil stone, 1mil iron. At the moment right now if I cleared my map of all bases, I can get only 50% of resources needed to make a finca upgrade. The problem lies in the fact that the player bases I can attack only have 60-80k wood each and 30-40k stone 20k iron. NEVER have a found a player base with 250k wood or more or 200k iron. I can however loose this amount in 1 raid on my base. Example was when I had 800k iron left over from the event I could not spend and 1 raid took 350k iron. None of my cartel members and friends have ever found bases with this much resources to take. It seem the game has given a set amount of resource we can take from base raids. NEVER have we found a juicy base full of loot we can steal. In BB we routinely uncover player bases with tons of resources and we can raid 6 players to complete an upgrade. BUT this game does not allow us to raid ALL available resources from a player. WHY??

I can destroy bases higher then my level up to level 44 and some 45's. so killing players is not the concern. the previous matching system based on EXP seemed to work just fine. but now you have taken this away from players that have risen in medal counts during the previous matching system. So the new matching system seems like the old matching system which is based on medals and not EXP.

Regardless of what system you use, it does not matter until the resource rewards for defeating player bases is the ACTUAL resources we can steal and not the preset amount your game delivers. This must be dealt with. thanks for reading

sekou420

Thank you for creating and FTX games forum where we as players can constructively communicate with the game devs. in hopes of improving the quality of this game. I am a boom beach player and enjoy the similarities of this game to BB and love the extra cartel wars and product that BB does not offer. I play this game mainly for the wars. I have invested real $ in your game as well. Here is what I have a hard time dealing with over the past few months. Many others have expressed the matchmaking issue as well but 1 important problem you are missing I will discuss right now.

I dont mind being raided, its my play style. I do not have the time to sit and play this game hours each day so I spend resources before I log off. the next day I find 3 players have hit my base and I have lost little and I will then have 3 revenge attacks to make in the future and pick up 300 - 400 and even 1000% more then what I lost and no need to fear revenge attacks back. So for many months this strategy has worked great.

Now I am level 41 and level 17 finca upgrade is going to cost 3million wood. 2.5 mil stone, 1mil iron. At the moment right now if I cleared my map of all bases, I can get only 50% of resources needed to make a finca upgrade. The problem lies in the fact that the player bases I can attack only have 60-80k wood each and 30-40k stone 20k iron. NEVER have a found a player base with 250k wood or more or 200k iron. I can however loose this amount in 1 raid on my base. Example was when I had 800k iron left over from the event I could not spend and 1 raid took 350k iron. None of my cartel members and friends have ever found bases with this much resources to take. It seem the game has given a set amount of resource we can take from base raids. NEVER have we found a juicy base full of loot we can steal. In BB we routinely uncover player bases with tons of resources and we can raid 6 players to complete an upgrade. BUT this game does not allow us to raid ALL available resources from a player. WHY??

I can destroy bases higher then my level up to level 44 and some 45's. so killing players is not the concern. the previous matching system based on EXP seemed to work just fine. but now you have taken this away from players that have risen in medal counts during the previous matching system. So the new matching system seems like the old matching system which is based on medals and not EXP.

Regardless of what system you use, it does not matter until the resource rewards for defeating player bases is the ACTUAL resources we can steal and not the preset amount your game delivers. This must be dealt with. thanks for reading
I think it has to do with bunker size. The better the bunker the more resources you are able to keep after an attack.

Dr.D.Fence

The bunker helps but not if you cant find others with excess resources to raid. AT BB we all have maxed bunkers and we can find bases with 400k gold, 300k wood, 200k iron...no probs at all. My bunker is max level for my current finca. You cant save but you should be able to raid it back. For sure the players we hit have more or less open then whats posted on the raid list.. bunker has little to do with it. Its the same amount and depends on your EXP level and the opponent exp level

Julio

It's by design. They want you to spend gold to shelter resources to make an upgrade. It's all about getting players to spend real money. They don't see this as a design issue; it's by design.

Dr.D.Fence

Your correct Julio. I have bought a couple of shields but the shields go down if you attack another player. The shield is pretty useless as you will not produce enough resources in a week to make big upgrades. raiding is where its at and the design of the game in its current state needs review

They want shield or gold to spend for the amount of resources that missing you when upgrading a building ...
Because if you leave it you will get raided ... so 2 options left keep playing for 2 days on a row ... or use gold ...

What you can do with shield is clear all the map . Buy a shield and when map full again attack and try to clear it again ...
80 gold per day it will what it cost you...

ACO

Banned
Why are you so evil Dr.D.Fence! Are you trying to "rob" them from the money that they try to "rob" us? Not cool you know! If players don't constantly buy gold how can they fill their pockets?

LVMonkey

Yeah, the solution is to be able to attack other players while our shields are up so we can build resource reserves to upgrade buildings. It's not going to affect anybody's gains/losses from attacking/being attacked, and it will make better use of the shield we just purchased anyways.

NicoScience

That's pretty much it.
Devs increased defense without thinking about the consequences. Defenses are harder, we loose more troops, can't win ressources in a short time to make big upgrades. I myself can't do 2M wood upgrades anymore.

The matchmaking needs to be by medals, and not by level. If not, the player classification does mean anything. Top players need to fight themselves. A level 35 player can easily go in the top classification. And it's easier to get medals if your opponents are level 35, than level 45 players having the fight level 45 players...

What needs to be done ASAP:
  • bunker safe ressources are too low.
  • ressources by winning are too low and not fair. You can loose 300k wood easily but never able to win more than 100k (at my level 42)
  • port rewards must work like before
  • we are reaided too much (10 times /day)
  • buildings upgrades need to be lower
  • match making is fine as it it (opponents of same number of medals, just like Boom Beach does)
Until they fix this, I am done with the game. My rating on Google Play is now 1 star even though, the fake 5 stars reviews are legion, so it won't make a difference. Can you believe the average rating of this game is 4.6 with all the criticism they get...

Not that easy to clone Boom Beach I guess.

ACO

Banned
That's pretty much it.

• match making is fine as it it (opponents of same number of medals, just like Boom Beach does)
You dense motha... PVP by rating is suicide. Did you enjoyed this update being raped by players 2/3 times stronger then you and with 5-7 or more levels more then you?
PVP by rating "top players should fight top players" idiot look at top 20 in the world do you see there that all of them are level 55+? NO! You get rating by raiding and you can do that at any level if you are active. Trophys are just a result of an active player who atacks constantly. As for the league being useless it actually has good rewards

Hbanx

That's pretty much it.
Devs increased defense without thinking about the consequences. Defenses are harder, we loose more troops, can't win ressources in a short time to make big upgrades. I myself can't do 2M wood upgrades anymore.

The matchmaking needs to be by medals, and not by level. If not, the player classification does mean anything. Top players need to fight themselves. A level 35 player can easily go in the top classification. And it's easier to get medals if your opponents are level 35, than level 45 players having the fight level 45 players...

What needs to be done ASAP:
  • bunker safe ressources are too low.
  • ressources by winning are too low and not fair. You can loose 300k wood easily but never able to win more than 100k (at my level 42)
  • port rewards must work like before
  • we are reaided too much (10 times /day)
  • buildings upgrades need to be lower
Until fix this, I am done with the game. My rating on Google Play is now 1 star even though, the fake 5 stars reviews are legion, so it won't make a difference. Can you believe the average rating of this game is 4.6 with all the criticism they get...

Not that easy to clone Boom Beach I guess.
You are surely new in the games, before we had players in relation to our medails, and it was the **** you know why? Because you can find a lvl 51 with 500 medails and a lvl 39 with 500 medails. I had to stop the game for 3 months until it was fixed.
That was a very bad idee

NicoScience

@ACO, shut up.

@Hbank, I am level 42, I play since december and had no problem with the PVP. I am level 63 at Boom Beach. Boom Beach PVP is by rating/medals. So it is not something new. You are not supposed to beat every player. You can "find another player" after 1 day in your map.

Hbanx

@ACO, shut up.

@Hbank, I am level 42, I play since december and had no problem with the PVP. I am level 63 at Boom Beach. Boom Beach PVP is by rating/medals. So it is not something new. You are not supposed to beat every player. You can "find another player" after 1 day in your map.
You need to understeind that it have been tried and lot of players have stopped playon because it was infair .
Dont compare bb and NCW . Must of players of bb have stopped to come in NCW , and that will happen if ftx do **** like bb

NicoScience

Of course something needs to be done. But I don't think the problem is match making, like Dr.D.Fence said in the first post.

Main problem is changing the system every month, without balancing the other areas of the game.

W@tch3r

My opinion is remove the whole rating system. People of lvl50+ have been dropping at around 500/700. What is the point of having them in your map? They are there to easy farm players and exploit the game mechanics while ruining it for the rest. And this goes on for wars too high level players dumping rating to get easy opponents. Fight with equal level not equal rating.

Like i mentioned before in the other threads as of this moment the 2/3 levels is working not too bad. But actually add now this time non real player bases so we get more opponents on the map to actually acquire decent ammount of resources. And i would not mind 2/3 levels under me because it seems hardly any new players on my map and if they show up it's always above my level. Not that i mind but it's funny to see how the matchmaking mechanic works...

EgregiousParagon.

I agree with the author, concern is the lack of resources at higher levels. And very little way to protect them.. Vault is inadequate. I do not see how can I possibly save up money for these overpriced upgrades.

On the subject of ratings... their fixes are welcomed. How many people have you seen that dropped unprotected fincas so that they could drop their ratings and get the weak resource centers.

Vinnie Di Maggio

Yes this bunker has a ridiculously small capacity and it gets even more ridiculous as you climb the levels. I've stopped upgrading it altogether.

Nutty

This is the biggest issue in the game! Nobody wants to spend gold on a lack of resources!