Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New port system fail

Jayjay

For every one that is upset with these greedy non supportive devolopers we need to be posting our concerns and disagreement on the app store or play store and give them the feed back they deserve for being so greedy in this way they will be forced to reply and make adjustments because if there is one thing devolopers and a company hates is bad rating and negative comments. They have strategically made this forum right on time with these negative changes they made to narcos game so they will be able to see our negative feed back and not future potential customers.. and i think everyone know by now that whoever sends ftx or the developers a email they will never reply so it is obvious they dont care and posting our concerns on here is a waste on time and data, SO HIT THEM WERE IT HURTS!! BAD RATINGS ON THE APP STORE OR PLAY STORE UNTIL THEY FIX THIS!!

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
For every one that is upset with these greedy non supportive devolopers we need to be posting our concerns and disagreement on the app store or play store and give them the feed back they deserve for being so greedy in this way they will be forced to reply and make adjustments because if there is one thing devolopers and a company hates is bad rating and negative comments. They have strategically made this forum right on time with these negative changes they made to narcos game so they will be able to see our negative feed back and not future potential customers.. and i think everyone know by now that whoever sends ftx or the developers a email they will never reply so it is obvious they dont care and posting our concerns on here is a waste on time and data, SO HIT THEM WERE IT HURTS!! BAD RATINGS ON THE APP STORE OR PLAY STORE UNTIL THEY FIX THIS!!
This is quite insightful, but in this instance it is not the case. We have heard a lot feedback about the port changes and already are working on plans to change them again because of player feedback. The changes to the port were actually needed to allow for more features to be added - like the recent event that most everyone loved. We are looking into ways to keep the new features and alter the port to work with them in a way that makes everyone happy =).

Loochador

This is quite insightful, but in this instance it is not the case. We have heard a lot feedback about the port changes and already are working on plans to change them again because of player feedback. The changes to the port were actually needed to allow for more features to be added - like the recent event that most everyone loved. We are looking into ways to keep the new features and alter the port to work with them in a way that makes everyone happy =).
When I first read about the update to the cartel port it sounded almost as if the cartel port would get its own bunker. Why not do this?

Jayjay

What conflicts or oppositional interactions were experianced between the new features added and the existing port system? Would you mind elaborating?

Sara

I'm still waiting for my rewards on the event I finished last week. I was 11th place and still no rewards. I spent money and lots of gold to just get cheated out of my rewards

Jayjay

I'm still waiting for my rewards on the event I finished last week. I was 11th place and still no rewards. I spent money and lots of gold to just get cheated out of my rewards
Sarah pls make your own threads posting on here is kind of rude..

Sara

It's not rude. Your being rude. That's what a thread is. And I wrote that in response to fix games not you. Lol I didn't see you complaining about the other person who wrote on here. I'm sorry you don't understand the definition of a thread.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Rewards are automatically added to your resource containers - that's what the port change was all about. People have not liked the change thus far, so we are looking into further changes.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
What conflicts or oppositional interactions were experianced between the new features added and the existing port system? Would you mind elaborating?
Sure thing. In the old system, the port could hold the resources from a single Cartel War. The new event also uses the port for rewards, so this would have overwritten Cartel War rewards. Obviously, we were not going to let that happen, so we made some changes. We are looking to improve those changes still.

Jayjay

Okaye c
Sure thing. In the old system, the port could hold the resources from a single Cartel War. The new event also uses the port for rewards, so this would have overwritten Cartel War rewards. Obviously, we were not going to let that happen, so we made some changes. We are looking to improve those changes still.
okay chase thanks for that explaination, if that was explained in the same way you explained it in the games message board alot of people wouldnt be here...

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Okaye c

okay chase thanks for that explaination, if that was explained in the same way you explained it in the games message board alot of people wouldnt be here...
You're right - but we try to keep info streamline when announced in the game. Not everyone is interested in the more technical reasons behind changes - but rest assured we are listing to feedback and looking to improve the changes made here.

There may be room to improve our in-game announcements. I will talk to the team about it in light of our conversation.

Jayjay

You're right - but we try to keep info streamline when announced in the game. Not everyone is interested in the more technical reasons behind changes - but rest assured we are listing to feedback and looking to improve the changes made here.

There may be room to improve our in-game announcements. I will talk to the team about it in light of our conversation.
Thank you for you response and in turn making a change, also another concern has came to my attention from fellow players and cartel members. It would be much appreciated if you would care to clear this dilema for me and your customer. This new update which mentions more balanced world map opponents.. does this inclued resource centers? Because i and many other in my cartel and in this forum feel as if they are being punished for being very active and engaged in this game.. they are receiving lvl 50 and 61 resource center opponents and they are only level 33s and 35s.. just because their medals match up with a level 50 or 60 players i and as i stated before many of my fellow cartel members and players of this game feel imprisoned when it comes to aquiring additional resources to upgrade weapons or storage buildings, some of my memebers feel this is a flaw in the system or potentially a tactic used by developers to entrap overly engaged and active players to spend money on gold and upgrade buildings rather than choose the resources centers path..

TracerWire

I liked the idea of the port having its own bunker, that way overflow from events and cartel wars goes to one bunker, and normal resources from attacking our player map goes to the original bunker.

I also think many don't understand how the bunker functions. If anyone is confused, the bunker gives you a set minimum of resources protected.

Bunker Example: Lets say we have $1,000,000 cash on hand. Lets assume bunker says you can protect a minimum of $600,000 cash, plus 83% in resource protection (this % is multiplied by unprotected amount to see how much is at risk).

Bunker formula is (($1,000,000-$600,000)*(0.83))-($1,000,000-$600,000) = 68,000 (unprotected cash)
((Total Cash - Bunker Min Cash)*(% of protection))-(Total Cash - Bunker Min Cash) = unprotected cash.

Now that being said and in my opinion I do think the "Static" protection minimums (before % is applied) needs to be increased. I would say the "static" resource minimums protected need to be increased between 20-30%, but 20% would be a good started point to the static min.

I bring this up because I'm always getting asked by players how the storage bunkers work, and 90% of people didn't realize or comprehend this. They assume min protected amount is all that is protected. I personally like how bunkers work, though it may be confusing to some.

**Lastly, the one thing that breaks the many games that are F2P, is when purchases are offered but the benefit is nerfed after purchase. I bring this up cause of Scorpio Sicario as a great example. Most "whales" and moderate spenders left previous games after several purchased rewards where nerfed after the fact. The games never recovered and closed. The designers usually always say its necessary to balance things out, but the reality is we bought what was advertised. I understand balance, mechanics, and updates are part of evolving the game, but never rebalance purchased items unless its literally a HUGE mistake and a VERY generous compensation is returned. As a developer your better off appeasing spenders by adjusting for this else where. If the bombs where to strong, maybe instead of nerfing Scorpio, health of buildings could've been increased. Some food for thought!

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
**Lastly, the one thing that breaks the many games that are F2P, is when purchases are offered but the benefit is nerfed after purchase. I bring this up cause of Scorpio Sicario as a great example. Most "whales" and moderate spenders left previous games after several purchased rewards where nerfed after the fact. The games never recovered and closed. The designers usually always say its necessary to balance things out, but the reality is we bought what was advertised. I understand balance, mechanics, and updates are part of evolving the game, but never rebalance purchased items unless its literally a HUGE mistake and a VERY generous compensation is returned. As a developer your better off appeasing spenders by adjusting for this else where. If the bombs where to strong, maybe instead of nerfing Scorpio, health of buildings could've been increased. Some food for thought!
We are making efforts to improve in this area. Thanks for your well thought out post.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Thank you for you response and in turn making a change, also another concern has came to my attention from fellow players and cartel members. It would be much appreciated if you would care to clear this dilema for me and your customer. This new update which mentions more balanced world map opponents.. does this inclued resource centers? Because i and many other in my cartel and in this forum feel as if they are being punished for being very active and engaged in this game.. they are receiving lvl 50 and 61 resource center opponents and they are only level 33s and 35s.. just because their medals match up with a level 50 or 60 players i and as i stated before many of my fellow cartel members and players of this game feel imprisoned when it comes to aquiring additional resources to upgrade weapons or storage buildings, some of my memebers feel this is a flaw in the system or potentially a tactic used by developers to entrap overly engaged and active players to spend money on gold and upgrade buildings rather than choose the resources centers path..
You can read the exact changes we made in the Announcement section of the forum. We are looking into the matchmaking changes now. Please be sure to vote in the Poll we just posted in the General Forum to give your feedback!

Loochador

Just wondering is the port only used for war rewards and events? Why isnt the port used for overstock on the world map as well?

Dr.D.Fence

The new cartel port feature is horrible. please revert the port back to where it was when resources could be kept safe in boats until we unload them. Better yet, let us have the port to accumulate resources until its bursting with no fear of loosing them during raids.

Dr.D.Fence

I was also affected by the scorpion nerf. I have only 1 scorpion. FTX games did refund my purchase with gold and I got to keep the scorpion. I was not happy about the nerf, but very happy to get like 7k gold back. its was like getting a free sicario so at least they made ammends on the nerf.

GHI1968

Its good to hear the developers are listening to feedback about the port. Everyone in Scurvy Dogs UK is against the recent change. It was a great way to keep resources safe when saving for an upgrade.