Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Outpost help - 3 rocket launchers and a nerve gas cannon

lobsterboy

Any suggestions are appreciated. I can't seem to kill this one. Paratroopers are ruled out, since all 4 big defences cover the finca. I need 3 missiles to take down one rocket launcher. My rushing skills leave a lot to be desired. I haven't really used smoke yet but I have a feeling that might help? I have been trying to clear this with 3 squads gordos and 1 squad rpgs.

Outpost Level = 45
RLs = 19,600
Nerve gas cannon = 22,600
Gordos = level 12
RPGs = level 10
Flacos = level 8
Fuegos = level 4
Missile damage = 9,796
Firebomb damage = 6,904
Starting battle energy = 43

Last edited:

lobsterboy

Rushing with 4 squads of Gordos sure didn't work, either. Quick death lol.

Vinnie Di Maggio

The image doesn't show. Is this one of these level 54 outposts with 30,000 health nerve gas cannons and 24,000 RLs?

Also, we need to know these numbers of yours in order to help:

- Missile damage
- Firebomb damage
- How many energy points are you starting a battle with
- What level are your flacos, gordos, RPGs etc

lobsterboy

The image doesn't show. Is this one of these level 54 outposts with 30,000 health nerve gas cannons and 24,000 RLs?

Also, we need to know these numbers of yours in order to help:

- Missile damage
- Firebomb damage
- How many energy points are you starting a battle with
- What level are your flacos, gordos, RPGs etc
I updated the original post with this information.

Vinnie Di Maggio

Okay, first of all let me say that in my experience the most successful players have a strategy that is a lot more oriented towards offense than yours seem to be. For what it's worth, you might want to look at that because it can help for your future progress in the game.

About this outpost: a lot depends on your sicarios' talents and looking into this would be too complicated so the following is just general guidelines that need to be biased according to your sicarios' abilities. I would use 2 squads of gordos and 2 RPGs. Your flacos and fuegos are pretty much useless because of their low level.

Here's how I would try with your info:

- soften the left RL by fire bombing the guard tower right next to it (hopefully you can take it down and gain 3 energy points in the process), then finish it off with missiles --> remaining energy should be in the 18-28 range

- same with the right RL, with 1 fire bomb + missiles or just missiles depending on whatever is more energy-efficient, and try to get the small supplies building with the fire bomb in the process

- at this point I doubt you can get the third RL so leave it like this, but if you can get it and still manage to save 7 energy go for it and use a flash bang on the nerve gas cannon

- while scouting determine this RL's range boundaries to know how far you can go without having to flashbang it (probably not far at all, maybe you'll have to flashbang it quickly after deploying)

- using smoke screen, work your way real close to the nerve gas cannon so that your troops can take it down without remaining in its operational range too long

- you'll probably have to use a flashbang against a group of three guard towers to protect your troops in the process

- as the flash bang wears off on the RL, either missile it if you can get enough energy (only do so if you are sure to take it down completely otherwise things will get worse) or flashbang it again, focusing your troops on the 3 labs might help if you survive long enough to get those 9 energy points

- another option would be to work you way close to the RL using smoke screen, or to just rush your troops towards its safe zone if you don't have enough energy

Not sure if this will help as there are so many parameters but that(s probably what I would try with your gear. Please report the result if you do try something like this! And good luck.

lobsterboy

Okay, first of all let me say that in my experience the most successful players have a strategy that is a lot more oriented towards offense than yours seem to be. For what it's worth, you might want to look at that because it can help for your future progress in the game.

About this outpost: a lot depends on your sicarios' talents and looking into this would be too complicated so the following is just general guidelines that need to be biased according to your sicarios' abilities. I would use 2 squads of gordos and 2 RPGs. Your flacos and fuegos are pretty much useless because of their low level.

Here's how I would try with your info:

- soften the left RL by fire bombing the guard tower right next to it (hopefully you can take it down and gain 3 energy points in the process), then finish it off with missiles --> remaining energy should be in the 18-28 range

- same with the right RL, with 1 fire bomb + missiles or just missiles depending on whatever is more energy-efficient, and try to get the small supplies building with the fire bomb in the process

- at this point I doubt you can get the third RL so leave it like this, but if you can get it and still manage to save 7 energy go for it and use a flash bang on the nerve gas cannon

- while scouting determine this RL's range boundaries to know how far you can go without having to flashbang it (probably not far at all, maybe you'll have to flashbang it quickly after deploying)

- using smoke screen, work your way real close to the nerve gas cannon so that your troops can take it down without remaining in its operational range too long

- you'll probably have to use a flashbang against a group of three guard towers to protect your troops in the process

- as the flash bang wears off on the RL, either missile it if you can get enough energy (only do so if you are sure to take it down completely otherwise things will get worse) or flashbang it again, focusing your troops on the 3 labs might help if you survive long enough to get those 9 energy points

- another option would be to work you way close to the RL using smoke screen, or to just rush your troops towards its safe zone if you don't have enough energy

Not sure if this will help as there are so many parameters but that(s probably what I would try with your gear. Please report the result if you do try something like this! And good luck.
Thanks for taking the time to help. I use 4 diegos with a total of 100% missile damage and the fused talents are all squad health for Gordos and squad damage for RPGs. I have taken a very offensive approach to this game, however I have 3 builders working nearly 24/7, so my troops are behind where they could be, since I leveled up pretty fast. I only use Gordos and RPGs. The only time I switch up for a different troop is when a mission calls for it. Tomorrow is my 3 month anniversary of playing this game.

I missiled (3) the left RL (guard towers have 15,600 health), firebombed (1) (killed the small supplies building) and missiled (2) the right RL, rushed the nerve gas cannon and piercing cannons up the center with flashbang (1) and then smoked over to the back RL's blind spot, killed the back RL and then rushed the finca. It was very sloppy and there were lots of casualties. The 2 diegos that made it through the mess didn't have what it took to kill the finca. I will try again when my troops retrain.

TajKyH

Which level are you? If you are higher than 37., acording to these numbers, you are far away from 'offensive approach'.

Talents should increase value of your energy (fb, missiles, flash duration...) and guerrila is quite enough for soliders ability.

lobsterboy

Which level are you? If you are higher than 37., acording to these numbers, you are far away from 'offensive approach'.

Talents should increase value of your energy (fb, missiles, flash duration...) and guerrila is quite enough for soliders ability.
I am level 41. I will be prepping diegos on the side with battle energy talents, since I see this will be more important going forward. Now that I look at my numbers, I would say I have taken a balanced approach, due to the fact that I have 3 builders.

Vinnie Di Maggio

Thanks for taking the time to help.
Well sorry that didn't help enough. At this point I'd say that you'd rather wait until you beef up your offenses, or you'll just waste cash and time on this outpost. And you'd better get ready for more like these because based on your level, you are soon gonna see lots of level 47-54 outposts pop up on your map. This one is a piece of cake in comparison.

I have taken a very offensive approach to this game
Maybe you were planning to, but you really didn't. I am at the same level (41) and here is some of my data in brackets next to yours:

Missile damage = 9,796 (21,625)
Firebomb damage = 6,904 (17,870)
Starting battle energy = 43 (51)

Your main troops seem to be gordos and RPGs at level 12 and 10, mine are flacos at level 18. I have 104 of them (4 * 26 my squad camps all at level 17).

My main squad talents add up to:
+162% missile damage
+58% fire bomb damage
+40% flashbang duration

This is not to brag, just to give you a taste of a full offensive strategy. To me this also includes other important things like:
- keeping your level as low as possible by avoiding all unnecessary upgrades (labs, accessory weapons, accessory abilities)
- choosing only one troop type (or a combo like gordos+RPGs), investing all on them and nothing on the others
- making your finca vulnerable while you are on a shield so that you get more revenges

However a full offensive strategy reaches its limits at various points in the game, like when you want to upgrade to a level 17 finca. You actually have to upgrade some defenses because you are maxed out on all offenses but you need to be at level 41 to be able to upgrade to finca level 17.

Currently I have all my resource storage full and I'm letting the excess go to waste because I think it is better to stay at level 41 until I have maxed out every possible useful offense before I level up. I am just waiting those 6,000,000 cash to get next fire bomb upgrade then I level up to level 42. In the meantime I can easily take out level 47-48 opponents during wars (and probably even higher, never had the opportunity).

Last edited:

lobsterboy

Well sorry that didn't help enough. At this point I'd say that you'd rather wait until you beef up your offenses, or you'll just waste cash and time on this outpost. And you'd better get ready for more like these because based on your level, you are soon gonna see lots of level 47-54 outposts pop up on your map. This one is a piece of cake in comparison.

Maybe you were planning to, but you really didn't. I am at the same level (41) and here is some of my data in brackets next to yours:

Missile damage = 9,796 (21,625)
Firebomb damage = 6,904 (17,870)
Starting battle energy = 43 (51)

Your main troops seem to be gordos and RPGs at level 12 and 10, mine are flacos at level 18. I have 104 of them (4 * 26 my squad camps all at level 17).

My main squad talents add up to:
+162% missile damage
+58% fire bomb damage
+40% flashbang duration

This is not to brag, just to give you a taste of a full offensive strategy. To me this also includes other important things like:
- keeping your level as low as possible by avoiding all unnecessary upgrades (labs, accessory weapons, accessory abilities)
- choosing only one troop type (or a combo like gordos+RPGs), investing all on them and nothing on the others
- making your finca vulnerable while you are on a shield so that you get more revenges

However a full offensive strategy reaches its limits at various points in the game, like when you want to upgrade to a level 17 finca. You actually have to upgrade some defenses because you are maxed out on all offenses but you need to be at level 41 to be able to upgrade to finca level 17.

Currently I have all my resource storage full and I'm letting the excess go to waste because I think it is better to stay at level 41 until I have maxed out every possible useful offense before I level up. I am just waiting those 6,000,000 cash to get next fire bomb upgrade then I level up to level 42. In the meantime I can easily take out level 47-48 opponents during wars (and probably even higher, never had the opportunity).
Yep, I see the difference. Thanks for the explanation. I'll get to work and beef up my offense some more. This outpost will have to wait a bit longer.

TajKyH

Vinnie, literally same tactics :) always tc, heli, squads, fb, missile, solider (in my case fuego) on max level.
But, the fact is I have so bad def for mu level

lobsterboy

My squads are at 14 (2) and 13 (2). Training Camp is at 12, helipad at 14, My main troops (Gordos and RPGS aren't even maxed for training camp 12). I can see I have some work to do. Thanks for the advice, @Vinnie Di Maggio and @TajKyH . Do you guys spend much money on this game to get where you are offensively? You don't have to answer. I have spent about $65 CDN dollars so far.

double pownage

Got same one on my map level 41, 4 diego level 50,only 1 ranked above 50
Training camp 14 i believe.

I can kill all rocketlaunchers in two hits and then its easier. U need level up your camp and missile damage so u can always twoshot launchers
Dont upgrades too much stuff and always get troops and missile damage upgraded.

Sometimes its better not too upgrade stuff before did your camp.
If u are too high level with weak troops u will be useless.
Better to level slow and only important stuff.

I dont use money , people who do have their camp much higher for their level making it easier.

This game has bad design, upgrade too much buildings and u will be weaker
Always upgrade offense do u strong enough to do outposts

double pownage

If u wanne be strong in this game, u need to have very bad defense so your level stays low and troops strong

TajKyH

I spent about 100$ from the begining. 4 or 5 offers. It is nearly 20$ per month. I use all my gold only for shield (when build expensive stuff) and for talents rolling (just 20-30-40).
The only problem with 'cheap strategies' is getting some good talents

Vinnie Di Maggio

Do you guys spend much money on this game to get where you are offensively? You don't have to answer. I have spent about $65 CDN dollars so far.
I have spent a lot during a short period at some point because I was playing intensively and wanted to catch up with the guys in my cartel. Now I am buying one offer per month maximum, and I do think is it possible to play with very few real money provided you are not in search of a constant and quick progression, even at levels above 40. We have a guy in our cartel who has been on level 34 forever and he enjoys it like that, he's very active and useful in wars.

double pownage

this example is main problem with game also, u can end up totally stuck with too high opponents and outposts that u cant make any resources. then u need spend money to get out of it, which most dont and just quit.

another stupid flaw, there is no help to get u out of bad situation when your stuck like that, u just loose most of your regular players.
it should be made much harder to end up in such a bad situation.

Bako Bullyz

Banned
Need to upgrade training camp. Level 41 with a level 12 training camp is gonna make ur Soldiers go against tough defenses and will always get eaten up.