Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Possibility of Reddit Development Team Q & A Session?

lobsterboy

Would there ever be a possibility of Chase and/or part or all of the development team doing a live Reddit question and answer session? I have seen this done successfully in the past and I think it would give the customer base a good idea to get a better feel of the future of the game and the intended direction the developers plan to take. If nothing else, it may be a good chance to address questions that have not been addressed on the forum. You could even collect questions in advance and vet them. I think it would be a great complement to the forum. If something like this isn't a possibility, could you let us know why? I don't know the resource requirements behind doing something like this but anyone else who does, please feel free to add your thoughts. Please don't turn this thread into a dumping ground of negative thoughts and opinions that we have already heard time and time again. This is just another attempt to turn this game in a positive direction.

Have you ever considered collecting a few long term, dedicated players to help you create a a focus group to try to find a better balance between what they are looking for in this game and what you have been delivering?

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Would there ever be a possibility of Chase and/or part or all of the development team doing a live Reddit question and answer session? I have seen this done successfully in the past and I think it would give the customer base a good idea to get a better feel of the future of the game and the intended direction the developers plan to take. If nothing else, it may be a good chance to address questions that have not been addressed on the forum. You could even collect questions in advance and vet them. I think it would be a great complement to the forum. If something like this isn't a possibility, could you let us know why? I don't know the resource requirements behind doing something like this but anyone else who does, please feel free to add your thoughts. Please don't turn this thread into a dumping ground of negative thoughts and opinions that we have already heard time and time again. This is just another attempt to turn this game in a positive direction.

Have you ever considered collecting a few long term, dedicated players to help you create a a focus group to try to find a better balance between what they are looking for in this game and what you have been delivering?
We have a group of players we keep very close with and listen to for feedback. We also read all feedback here on the forums, and the list mentioned already exists for that reason.

There are a number of popular requests that have not been met for a time now - but there are reasons either technical or business related in most cases - and some are just in the works or in line to be.

A Reddit Q&A could be a good idea if I got one of our lead dev's on board - I will talk to the team about it - but we are slammed in dev right now!

We have put out new units, raids and raid types, features, artwork and more on a very rapid pace - and we have plans for the big holidays coming up we are working on as well. It may be a tight time for them to be able to make an appearance.

Dan

I support the Reddit event/idea. This will give FTX a lot more traction than the small test group Chase that you mentioned. There's been too many hiccups, I'm not sure if it's oversight or miscomms from the test group or dev but gameplay currently is limited to pay players at level 40+.
Having a direct line in with the devs will help the supporters here in understanding why some of the changes were made or even simply, the vision of where this game is going o_O