Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reinstate Paratroopers in events

Snark

Why remove paratroopers in these events when the top 1-15 just firebomb/missile the finca and cheese the event to clear it under 4,5,6 minutes.

I don't mind people no deploying these events, it's funny to me; especially funny that there is absolutely no regard from FTX to incorporate any balance or bi-weekly altering win mechanics to these events, regardless of how boringly easy they always have been.

You are really only hurting those that full deploy the whole way through; also, the way you removed para's from the UI messes up the whole attack menu for everyone.

The placement rewards are garbage indicative of the quality of these events, and the event bases are super horrifyingly bad offering 0 challenge, but the principle of the matter is the same. Although the quality of these events isn't my main concern, nor is placing above those that cheese the boring events, but that of pure curiosity what the train of thought was here when deciding to remove paratroopers in the first place?

Is there a reason for removing paratroopers? or do you just like weighing down the underdogs even further :p

Places 1-15: All no deployers just FB/missiling fincas to clear the event in 7 minutes or under
Places 15-End: full deployers in 20 minutes or over *you decided to remove a skill from this group?

Just reinstate the paratroopers, these events are boring and ruined anyways.

Last edited:

Snark

I don't want to see, nor expect to see any nerfs to those who built sub 6 minute event sicarios. That's good on you.

FTX couldn't balance two identical 50lb children on a teeter-totter.

Removing skills from the full deployers though is an underhandedly braindead move.
I'm sure that statement would go uncontested.

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your feedback @Snark. The paratroopers are unavailable in events in an effort to balance the difficulty.

I have shared your thoughts directly with our development team and they will be taking it into consideration.

Snark

If the desire was to balance the difficulty, the developers are hitting the wrong crowd; figuratively by removing paratroopers you weigh down the tortoise (those that have to full deploy) while the hare (no deployers) reign supreme and are completely unaffected by the loss of paratroopers.

It's like an F1 car racing a Ford Fiesta in a 5 mile drag race; and your balancing only takes away the turbo. It doesn't matter, the F1 car will still win 100% of the time.

Since part of the win mechanics to these events are to preserve troop health, these no deployers can eliminate a base without ever releasing 1 squad, so no loss in points from being damaged too much, paratroopers are absolutely not a balancing factor. You create a bigger divide by removing paratroopers than you would have had they been left in.

Arguably, removing paratroopers created better balance within the B pool of players (full deployers) those full clearing event bases in 20+ minutes, however, Group A (No Deployers) can get perfect squad damage points by not deploying any troops and just missile/firebombing the base fincas to complete the event under 6 minutes.

The competition in Group A is only based on device/internet speed. This is bad design. Group A needs to be balanced with Group B. Group B just wants its skill back :p

If balance was the true goal; try looking into rotating win mechanics away from clear speed and troop health, rotate new additional finca modifiers, rotate total damage into win mechanics, every week could be something new, so many options, yet all we get is the bland same old same old no deploy to win, no paratroopers for Group B. Hard is way to easy.

It's been like this seemingly forever, I really don't understand how something so simple could go unnoticed for so long unless the goal here is to make players buy firebomb/missile talents in order to profit from players getting away from the shackles of fair and balanced competition. You have the logs, you can surely see what is going on in these events.

Suggest freeing the Paratroopers, or renaming the event to the missile and firebomb challenge event or make them at least fun. Either work for me lel.

Won't be holding my breath though ;)

haha

April - FTX Games

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you very much for taking the time to write out all of your thoughts @Snark, I have sent this verbatim to the development team as well (so that nothing gets lost in translation). Please continue to share your ideas for how we may improve the game here in the forums, we take everything into consideration.