Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seen a cartel member on the event leaderboard?

HenryHimmler

Hi,

So..i'm quite frustrated because my cartel buddy appears to be on the same event leaderboard. On my list I am ranked 1. On his list I am ranked 2....

Is it just pure luck that out of the thousands of players between lv30-36...we happen to be on the same list??
For both of us, there were 2 of the same players in the top 5.

The big question is will only Aquila get first prize although there are 200 players? This seems so wrong.

Last edited:

HenryHimmler

I'm guessing these groupings are virtual, just like the divisions in the tournaments. It's a weird system. Check out this thread.

https://ftxgames.com/forums/threads/tournament-division-ranking-ties.10666/#post-16600
Yeah, I know they are virtual. It's just stupid that for two leagues with 100 players each, only 1 player got the 1st prize. If we are again on the same list...then there is something so wrong in this game. Almost feels as if they want to group the best players in as many lists as possible, or something like that..

HenryHimmler

You only played in 1 event but you want rewards as if you played in 2 events? SMH
Nope, you clearly misunderstood. Player "Aquila" was ranked 1st in two lists with 100 players list. Although virtual, I think it is not fair for the game to only give one 1st place reward..EVEN if I would be ranked 99. Imagine if that player is ranked 1st in 49 different lists, and only he gets the champion chest. Capiche?

He should be competing in his own league, and not taking potential 1st place prizes away from people that rank 2nd place but see him on their lists as 1st place..
I know it's complicated, that is how the matchmaking works, etc..

Last edited:

HenryHimmler

It would be very interesting to hear other viewpoints. In general, it just feels as if the game wants to give less rewards like chests, just like the way they decreased the gold rewards for the leaderboard thing, among others..

Dan

Henry, I don't think fully u understand "virtual " list yet o_O. All players have their own compilation of players from level +3 players to -4/5 players on their list, I.e almost no one have the same list. So if Aquila is 1st on your list, he may not be 1st on his list. List is virtual to each player.

Last edited:

HenryHimmler

Henry, I don't think fully u understand "virtual " list yet o_O. All players have their own compilation of players from level +3 players to -4/5 players on their list, I.e almost no one have the same list. So if Aquila is 1st on your list, he may not be 1st on his list. List is virtual to each player.
Dan,

You are #2 that misunderstood. In all frankness, there was nothing in your message that I did not already know.
Having done 6-7 raids, I think I have by now noticed there is a level range you can expect to see in your leaderboard.. :D
And it is virtual, because they simply can't make even groups of 100 players without making some appear more than once.
OFC there are other reasons too.

I'll reinstate my point. Consider a player scoring 900 (perfect score) and appearing on 49 different lists as #1.
This would mean that 1 player receives top prize. Do I have to elaborate further or do you get the memo?

Dan

Dan,

I'll reinstate my point. Consider a player scoring 900 (perfect score) and appearing on 49 different lists as #1.
This would mean that 1 player receives top prize. Do I have to elaborate further or do you get the memo?
Not entirely correct. If that player is #1 on 49 other players list, and #2 on his own list, he will receive 2nd prize.

PS: I got your memo that you had done 6-7 raids and you are level 30+ :D.