Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tournament Division Ranking Ties

lobsterboy

If 5th and 6th place are tied in ranking when the time ends, who advances to the next league? Is it both 5th and 6th place who advance or does the higher experience level advance? Whenever I look at my division, the higher experience level always ranks higher than the people they are tied with.

Vinnie Di Maggio

From what we've experienced tournament ranking is virtual: each player has his unique ranking and the guy who shows 6th on your screen may have a completely different position on his, he might even not see you in his league. So the situation you describe does not exist.

lobsterboy

From what we've experienced tournament ranking is virtual: each player has his unique ranking and the guy who shows 6th on your screen may have a completely different position on his, he might even not see you in his league. So the situation you describe does not exist.
Thanks. I guess I'm not actually in heated battles with anyone then. Good to know.

Vinnie Di Maggio

The tournament math seems to be complex though, and there are probably lots of things I don't know about it. I have noticed that a number of players I was competing with at the lower levels are still within my range. The only thing I am certain about because we have double checked it with other players is that you don't actually have the same ranking as the guys you see on your particular tournament ranking.

Julio

the tournament ranking system is not complex math. It's voodoo math. People who should have advanced out of your league are competing against you the following week (contrary to what is posted in the game). The tournament system is whacked!!

lobsterboy

the tournament ranking system is not complex math. It's voodoo math. People who should have advanced out of your league are competing against you the following week (contrary to what is posted in the game). The tournament system is whacked!!
Yes, I see some other threads on the subject now. Thanks for the reply.