Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skill Set Tutorial

Julio

In response to another thread, here is a quick tutorial on using the skills.

Skills are divided into three categories; attack, defense, and debuff (ways to reduce or avoid damage).

Each skill slot has a color indicating the type of skill that can be used; red (attack), blue (defense), and green (debuff). In order to unlock the skill slots after the first one, the sicario must be leveled up using expertise cards which are earned by leveling up your sicarios. You can change your slot type by spending dice and getting a random change.

Skills can be grouped together to form a skill set such as ground defense and Big Bang. In order for them to form a set, you must assign the skills that are required to form a set and they MUST BE ALL OF SAME SKILL SET TYPE. You can tell the skill type by looking at the top left of the skill for the indicator icon that will show the skill type (parachute, grave stone, flash, etc.). The workshop shows the different skill sets that are available and what particular skills make up the various sets.

Skills can be added to a sicario and then removed to either add different skills or to assign them to a different sicario.

The workshop can assign the skills you have as a set to a sicario when you have the necessary skills to form a set and sicario(s) that have the necessary slot types available. Alternatively, you can assign the skills by clicking on the skill slots of a sicario. Some skill sets are for base and compound sicarios (i.e. Ground defense and protective fury), some are for offensive sicarios (i.e. Big Bang), and some are for either (i.e. Help from above).

You can attempt to convert the skills you have to different skills by fusing two skills. The skill you receive will be random and the same level of the skills you converted. You can quickly consume your dice by trying to get a particular skill which will require you to purchase a new skill chest to replace the dice or slowly acquire needed dice through events...

You can also upgrade your skills by combining four identical skills that are all of the same level and skill set type. When FTX awarded the skill sets recently and gave everyone level one skills that were part of skill sets, players could attempt to upgrade them. It would take 256 identical level one skills (same skill set type) and 19,200 dice to upgrade to a single level 5 skill. Unfortunately FTX gave zero dice and gave five level one skills to compensate for the level 5 skill that did not have a skill set type that someone previously purchased for 200 gold. This was an unethical and unfair compensation.

The whole skill set "upgrade" is a fiasco and basically nullifies a lot of the time, energy, and money that players previously spent to achieve a certain level of status and achievement in the game. Formidable defenses can now be countered with the Big Bang skill set and strong offenses can now be countered with the ground defense skill set. The whole game has been a veritable arms race funded with players' cash (talents, reapers, and skill sets). Players can easily spend thousands of dollars to achieve their game goals. Unfortunately, each iteration that changes the game balance requires players to make a decision; spend additional money to adjust to the changes or find that all of their time, energy, and money has just been devalued by a basic bait and switch scheme.

Last edited:

His lordship

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

For info, I fused 2 of the old skills - the ones we first had that don't belong to the sets - assuming that the new fused skill will be one that is part of a set. How wrong was I... It gave me another skill that doesn't belong to any set. Thanks FTX.

Del

In response to another thread, here is a quick tutorial on using the skills.

Skills are divided into three categories; attack, defense, and debuff (ways to reduce or avoid damage).

Each skill slot has a color indicating the type of skill that can be used; red (attack), blue (defense), and green (debuff). In order to unlock the skill slots after the first one, the sicario must be leveled up using expertise cards which are earned by leveling up your sicarios. You can change your slot type by spending dice and getting a random change.

Skills can be grouped together to form a skill set such as ground defense and Big Bang. In order for them to form a set, you must assign the skills that are required to form a set and they MUST BE ALL OF SAME SKILL SET TYPE. You can tell the skill type by looking at the top left of the skill for the indicator icon that will show the skill type (parachute, grave stone, flash, etc.). The workshop shows the different skill sets that are available and what particular skills make up the various sets.

Skills can be added to a sicario and then removed to either add different skills or to assign them to a different sicario.

The workshop can assign the skills you have as a set to a sicario when you have the necessary skills to form a set and sicario(s) that have the necessary slot types available. Alternatively, you can assign the skills by clicking on the skill slots of a sicario. Some skill sets are for base and compound sicarios (i.e. Ground defense and protective fury), some are for offensive sicarios (i.e. Big Bang), and some are for either (i.e. Help from above).

You can attempt to convert the skills you have to different skills by fusing two skills. The skill you receive will be random and the same level of the skills you converted. You can quickly consume your dice by trying to get a particular skill which will require you to purchase a new skill chest to replace the dice or slowly acquire needed dice through events...

You can also upgrade your skills by combining four identical skills that are all of the same level and skill set type. When FTX awarded the skill sets recently and gave everyone level one skills that were part of skill sets, players could attempt to upgrade them. It would take 256 identical level one skills (same skill set type) and 19,200 dice to upgrade to a single level 5 skill. Unfortunately FTX gave zero dice and gave five level one skills to compensate for the level 5 skill that did not have a skill set type that someone previously purchased for 200 gold. This was an unethical and unfair compensation.

The whole skill set "upgrade" is a fiasco and basically nullifies a lot of the time, energy, and money that players previously spent to achieve a certain level of status and achievement in the game. Formidable defenses can now be countered with the Big Bang skill set and strong offenses can now be countered with the ground defense skill set. The whole game has been a veritable arms race funded with players' cash (talents, reapers, and skill sets). Players can easily spend thousands of dollars to achieve their game goals. Unfortunately, each iteration that changes the game balance requires players to make a decision; spend additional money to adjust to the changes or find that all of their time, energy, and money has just been devalued by a basic bait and switch scheme.
Great post!

lobsterboy

For info, I fused 2 of the old skills - the ones we first had that don't belong to the sets - assuming that the new fused skill will be one that is part of a set. How wrong was I... It gave me another skill that doesn't belong to any set. Thanks FTX.
I have been lucky enough to fuse my old skills into new skills that are part of a skill set.

zecke2

and how shall we take all the dice. oh i forgot we must buy it....hahaha good job ftx more money for you.

MrBakoBullyz

Good information still complicated. Why couldn't FTX Games come out & explain this instead of just taking our money & selling skills sets.

Reactions: Del

lobsterboy

Why do we even have the option to assign defensive skill sets to offensive sicarios, and vice versa? These skill sets must be so confusing to players who are starting out. I think I understand how they work now but I still have one burning question. Why? (I know the answer...$$)

Julio

Yes FTX didn't make adjustment for the dice that were consumed trying to convert obsolete skill into usable skills.

Jaspion

To be honest, I completely ignored this update. And I going to continue without using it.