Head of Analytics
FTX Games lives at the intersection of movies, television and games. We’ve been involved in some of the biggest games for the biggest movies and television shows of all time (The Hunger Games, Mission: Impossible, Narcos, etc.) and we’re growing. We need fun, smart people who share our passion for games and entertainment to join our team at our new headquarters in sunny San Diego.
FTX is currently seeking a Head of Analytics to lead our data science, UA and product teams in optimizing performance across our portfolio of live titles while creating and enforcing a culture of analytics best practices.
- Lead all business analytics efforts across internal and external organizations including data modeling, data standardization, data visualization and other business analytics efforts
- Create and maintain data analytics systems and processes that provide accurate details and insights into how our players interact with our games across our portfolio for internal teams including product, data science, and user acquisition
- Oversee and own the integration process of analytics requirements for each product in our portfolio
- Design product specific event tracking data models from the collated specification & requirements documentation, and project manage the implementation of the designed data models with the development teams
- Ensure that our data aggregation and analysis adheres to industry best practices
- Hire, mentor and train team of analysts to deliver KPI reporting, performance forecasting, behavioral analysis and predictive modeling.
- Work with internal engineering team and provide guidance on tech stack and platform tools necessary to build an industry leading analytics platform
- Help design and balance game economies for live and in-development titles
- Participate in technical review of 3rd party tools, including: Analytics, Attribution, CRM, Mediation, Advertising and Monetization tools – drive the “build vs. buy” analysis
- Build business cases to help drive portfolio decisions
- 6+ years of directly relevant experience with a successful mobile game developer or publisher
- 3+ years of significant managerial experience and leadership acumen in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using database query and reporting tools such as SQL and Tableau
- Strong communication skills, to clearly and concisely convey complex results and actionable recommendations to various teams
- Excels and thrives in fast-paced, ambiguous situations, proactively seeking answers and creating solutions
- Ability to work with highly-confidential information
- Ability to work well in a hierarchy and within a team
- Works well in distributed teams
- BS, quantitative or technical degree a plus (math, economics, engineering, or finance)
This position will be based in our new San Diego headquarters.