Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smokescreen tip for newer players

Tampico Sunrise - Shark

Smokescreen is designed to protect YOUR troops from being attacked while they are in the safe area beneath the smoke.

*Ignore the graphic of the smoke* The safe area created by a Smokescreen is the same size as a health pack or propaganda, and the CENTER of the safe area is EXACTLY where you tap.

Smokescreen has many uses, the most common for normal players is protecting stray troops while waiting for Focus Cooldown.

Rumors and stuff which motivated me to post this here:
-smokescreen doesnt work
-I’ve seen many players put it on enemy defense buildings (useless)
-you can fire through smokescreen (not true, not the troops standing in the safe area, anyway)

BOOM. Now start using Smokescreen if you thought it was useless before.

Facethief1943

Thanks for that. When I first tried to use smoke I couldn't figure out what good it was. The cool down idea makes sense. I have improved propaganda and smoke works well for flanking defense without getting turn apart

ELpatron50

SCREEN does not protect troops from damage?
Screen + propaganda + Medpack = ?

For instance I use screens to shield my troops from enemy fire,
which is inaccurate that it won't miss my squad.
I still received damage from enemy defensive buildings which
I cannot understand what's wrong with the smokescreen?

laloba

In my opinion the smoke grenade doesn't really help much, nearly useless or people would be using Limon as well if smoke grenade was that useful

Facethief1943

SCREEN does not protect troops from damage?
Screen + propaganda + Medpack = ?

For instance I use screens to shield my troops from enemy fire,
which is inaccurate that it won't miss my squad.
I still received damage from enemy defensive buildings which
I cannot understand what's wrong with the smokescreen?
I was the same way. What it does is not allow your troops (only the ones directly masked by it) to recieve damage. At the same time, it won't allow those troops to inflict damage. Let's say you've just deployed and there are defenses you want to avoid. Deploy then put 1 or 2 smoke in the path you'll be going in. You'll see. As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything if you put it on a defense although I was told that. I feel better that I'm not the only one that was frustrated by this.

His lordship

In my opinion the smoke grenade doesn't really help much, nearly useless or people would be using Limon as well if smoke grenade was that useful
When I first started, I thought the same. But yes, it really does help a lot when used correctly. The reason Limon is not used by anyone is because the smoke duration is already long enough once you upgrade it. He's just a really rubbish and pointless sicario hehe

ELpatron50

I was the same way. What it does is not allow your troops (only the ones directly masked by it) to recieve damage. At the same time, it won't allow those troops to inflict damage. Let's say you've just deployed and there are defenses you want to avoid. Deploy then put 1 or 2 smoke in the path you'll be going in. You'll see. As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything if you put it on a defense although I was told that. I feel better that I'm not the only one that was frustrated by this.

If it prevents troops or defensive buildings from inflicting damage inside the smokescreen zone then
dropping the smokescreen directly on the Rocket Launchers or on other defensive buildings shall have
the Debuff status ? targeting -accuracy dealing no possible damage on the attacking troops.

ELpatron50

I have tried dropping smoke directly on defenses and they still attack.
No Debuff status on this defensive structures? such like ---- slow.stun, or lowered accuracy

When i deployed smokescreen on my troops, the damage inflicted by the defense was 0 .
It also caused my troops to be unable to (attack) or shoot back.