Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

General state of the game

Yeo

Preface: I've been playing this game for over 3 months now mainly as a F2P player (bought 2-3 of $2 promotions). I am not your average player as I play this game on an emulator on the PC and since I work from home, I have the game on almost 12 hours a day.

Matchup between players & leaderboard

Skill rating at this point in time is kind of a useless indicator and should not be used in calculating anything such as matchups between players. If we're being honest, personal "skill" is not very important in this game because there are only so many things a player can control in beating an opponent. There are obviously techniques that can and should be used such as knowing which path to attack a base, where to aggro your squads and combat abilities. But ultimately, a players abilities to successfully attack/def will be limited by the player level of your opponent. Simply because the strength of your squads and defense buildings are more correlated with your player level than anything else since that number increases every time you upgrade.

Under average circumstances, a level 30 player with a rating of 8000 will never beat a level 40 player with a rating of 2000. The rating only indicates that the level 30 player is far more active. I believe 2-3 patchs ago, this was a big factor in match ups which is why as a level 30, I was getting matched with players up to 47! However this has since been worked on and has been much better, but the skill rating should be renamed to something else or not used at all since it really is not a fair indicator of skill. Hopefully the recent patch has not changed this too much.

The weekly leaderboard also suffers from using the skill rating in my opinion. When I first started this game, I was able to climb up a division every week (1-3 place) since I played more than your average user. However, over the last 3 weeks, I have been stuck in Gold I without any real chance of climbing up. I am currently level 39 and in a pool of players ranging from level 30-60. From my observation, every new week I start somewhere around the 10-15th position. I'm assuming most of the players in the 1-10th spot are ones that placed poorly in the previous week and have dropped down a division. Yet, they always begin each tournament almost 50 ratings above me. That means 25 bases I have to destroy just to catch up, ASSUMING they don't play AT ALL! Of course that's not realistic which is why I can't climb anymore.

Suggestion: Start each tournament with a rating of 0. That way you're only competing on how active you are that current week instead of an accumulation of how long you've played this game in its entirety.

Resources
IMO the developers have done a great job on the balance of the game ensuring that even F2P can play equally. The ability to save time with gold does not affect player balance and not something forced on you unlike many other mobile games.

That being said, after hitting a certain level (37ish I'd say), it becomes extremely difficult and pretty much impossible at my current level to save enough resources to upgrade buildings.

Example:
Level 16 finca upgrade requires:
Wood: 2,000,000
Stone: 1,500,000
Iron: 600,000

Average base reward:
Wood: 60,000
Stone: 50, 000
Iron: 15, 000

With the current? patch where you're matched against same level players, it's not a problem destroying bases and collecting rewards. The biggest issues are having enough players to attack at once to save up enough resources in one day to upgrade something while simultaneously hope that you yourself aren't attacked. In my grind, losing resources to attacks has never been a problem since my game is open all day and I calculate the necessary resources I need to upgrade something before sleep. Most people won't have this luxury and as upgrade requirements increase, even playing all day doesn't help.

1) Bunker sucks. It doesn't nearly hold enough to help players try and "save" for bigger upgrades. Pretty useless after a certain level.
2) Wins do not provide enough resources after you hit a certain level of upgrades. Particularly outposts.

Suggestion: Win streak bonus like the one seen in the event might help. As you gain higher level, it should be harder to upgrade but not impossible. Giving flat out more resources for every attack might make the grind too easy. However, giving a small bonus % to players that constantly attack might help promote more activity from players while helping ease their upgrade difficulties.

Talent Change

The gold requirement to change talents should be a constant rate and not so costly. I've spend $100s on lootboxes for other games, but the reward from playing talent RNG is not even close to how much it costs. I've lost upwards of 1000 gold just to settle on a 4/5 talent because it's better than rolling a 1/5 again. That's $15 worth just for a 4/5. If you're going to charge more gold per roll, then you should expect the talent quality to increase. Otherwise, make the cost much lower like 50 gold every roll and let people RNG away.

Event
Was awesome and provided much needed resources for people. The rewards were extremely high and allowed everyone I know to build all their expensive upgrades. Combined with your promotion of half gold upgrade, I'm sure it was to promote the use of gold to upgrade as many things as possible. Hopefully we will see more constant events in the future. I think the rewards are perfect if it's a monthly thing. If it's more frequent like weekly or bi-weekly, it would definitely have to be dialed down to maintain any challenge.

Great game you guys got. Keep up the good work devs!

Last edited:

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Thanks for your highly detailed and well thought out post here, Yeo. I will review it with our team, and I look forward to more from you in the future.

Reactions: ACO

Keinara

Very p
Preface: I've been playing this game for over 3 months now mainly as a F2P player (bought 2-3 of $2 promotions). I am not your average player as I play this game on an emulator on the PC and since I work from home, I have the game on almost 12 hours a day.

Matchup between players & leaderboard

Skill rating at this point in time is kind of a useless indicator and should not be used in calculating anything such as matchups between players. If we're being honest, personal "skill" is not very important in this game because there are only so many things a player can control in beating an opponent. There are obviously techniques that can and should be used such as knowing which path to attack a base, where to aggro your squads and combat abilities. But ultimately, a players abilities to successfully attack/def will be limited by the player level of your opponent. Simply because the strength of your squads and defense buildings are more correlated with your player level than anything else since that number increases every time you upgrade.

Under average circumstances, a level 30 player with a rating of 8000 will never beat a level 40 player with a rating of 2000. The rating only indicates that the level 30 player is far more active. I believe 2-3 patchs ago, this was a big factor in match ups which is why as a level 30, I was getting matched with players up to 47! However this has since been worked on and has been much better, but the skill rating should be renamed to something else or not used at all since it really is not a fair indicator of skill. Hopefully the recent patch has not changed this too much.

The weekly leaderboard also suffers from using the skill rating in my opinion. When I first started this game, I was able to climb up a division every week (1-3 place) since I played more than your average user. However, over the last 3 weeks, I have been stuck in Gold I without any real chance of climbing up. I am currently level 39 and in a pool of players ranging from level 30-60. From my observation, every new week I start somewhere around the 10-15th position. I'm assuming most of the players in the 1-10th spot are ones that placed poorly in the previous week and have dropped down a division. Yet, they always begin each tournament almost 50 ratings above me. That means 25 bases I have to destroy just to catch up, ASSUMING they don't play AT ALL! Of course that's not realistic which is why I can't climb anymore.

Suggestion: Start each tournament with a rating of 0. That way you're only competing on how active you are that current week instead of an accumulation of how long you've played this game in its entirety.

Resources
IMO the developers have done a great job on the balance of the game ensuring that even F2P can play equally. The ability to save time with gold does not affect player balance and not something forced on you unlike many other mobile games.

That being said, after hitting a certain level (37ish I'd say), it becomes extremely difficult and pretty much impossible at my current level to save enough resources to upgrade buildings.

Example:
Level 16 finca upgrade requires:
Wood: 2,000,000
Stone: 1,500,000
Iron: 600,000

Average base reward:
Wood: 60,000
Stone: 50, 000
Iron: 15, 000

With the current? patch where you're matched against same level players, it's not a problem destroying bases and collecting rewards. The biggest issues are having enough players to attack at once to save up enough resources in one day to upgrade something while simultaneously hope that you yourself aren't attacked. In my grind, losing resources to attacks has never been a problem since my game is open all day and I calculate the necessary resources I need to upgrade something before sleep. Most people won't have this luxury and as upgrade requirements increase, even playing all day doesn't help.

1) Bunker sucks. It doesn't nearly hold enough to help players try and "save" for bigger upgrades. Pretty useless after a certain level.
2) Wins do not provide enough resources after you hit a certain level of upgrades. Particularly outposts.

Suggestion: Win streak bonus like the one seen in the event might help. As you gain higher level, it should be harder to upgrade but not impossible. Giving flat out more resources for every attack might make the grind too easy. However, giving a small bonus % to players that constantly attack might help promote more activity from players while helping ease their upgrade difficulties.

Talent Change

The gold requirement to change talents should be a constant rate and not so costly. I've spend $100s on lootboxes for other games, but the reward from playing talent RNG is not even close to how much it costs. I've lost upwards of 1000 gold just to settle on a 4/5 talent because it's better than rolling a 1/5 again. That's $15 worth just for a 4/5. If you're going to charge more gold per roll, then you should expect the talent quality to increase. Otherwise, make the cost much lower like 50 gold every roll and let people RNG away.

Event
Was awesome and provided much needed resources for people. The rewards were extremely high and allowed everyone I know to build all their expensive upgrades. Combined with your promotion of half gold upgrade, I'm sure it was to promote the use of gold to upgrade as many things as possible. Hopefully we will see more constant events in the future. I think the rewards are perfect if it's a monthly thing. If it's more frequent like weekly or bi-weekly, it would definitely have to be dialed down to maintain any challenge.

Great game you guys got. Keep up the good work devs!
Very prompt post, believe many shared the points...

Yeo

Something I thought of last night in response to the numerous complaints of difficult defenses and nerfed sicarios. Generally people don't like to see things they paid for changed even if they deserve to be (Scorpion, Fuegos) and potentially sicarios like Diego.

I bring up Diego because running 4x Diego with missile is pretty meta these days and incredibly strong. It's also achievable even as a F2P player. I would honestly feel salty if I wasted a bunch of cash and plata upgrading all my diegos just to have them get nerfed, nevermind the people that paid real money/gold. Diegos are strong because their upgrade missiles can one shot many defenses making raids incredibly easy.

Suggestion
Rather than directly nerfing the damage of missiles and upsetting folks, increase defensive capabilities instead. Increasing the sicario influence range was a good start. How about making use of the training camp to extend defensive options? Similar to how we can increase attack abilities(missiles, smoke, med), squads(flacos, rpgs), you can add another panel that can give players abilities to increase their defenses.

Some examples:
- Fire protection (Instead of directly nerfing fuego dmg by 50%, you would get the same result if buildings took 50% less fire dmg)
- Missile protection ( decrease amount of dmg by direct missiles )
- Fire Bomb protection ( decrease amount of dmg by fire bombs )
- Building armor ( general decrease in dmg taken from squads )
- Building health
- Attack speed increase for single target defenses
- Critial dmg bonus for single target defenses
- Increase dmg
- Increase attack range
- Increase spread of aoe defenses ( machine guns, fire )

Similar to cartel bonuses. These could all work based on % each upgrade.

Essentially I feel people are less outraged when it comes to indirect nerfs versus direct nerfs. Also, this will give players more options to spend their cash and more forms of progression. I think it would be a nice addition..

Keinara

Something I thought of last night in response to the numerous complaints of difficult defenses and nerfed sicarios. Generally people don't like to see things they paid for changed even if they deserve to be (Scorpion, Fuegos) and potentially sicarios like Diego.

I bring up Diego because running 4x Diego with missile is pretty meta these days and incredibly strong. It's also achievable even as a F2P player. I would honestly feel salty if I wasted a bunch of cash and plata upgrading all my diegos just to have them get nerfed, nevermind the people that paid real money/gold. Diegos are strong because their upgrade missiles can one shot many defenses making raids incredibly easy.

Suggestion
Rather than directly nerfing the damage of missiles and upsetting folks, increase defensive capabilities instead. Increasing the sicario influence range was a good start. How about making use of the training camp to extend defensive options? Similar to how we can increase attack abilities(missiles, smoke, med), squads(flacos, rpgs), you can add another panel that can give players abilities to increase their defenses.

Some examples:
- Fire protection (Instead of directly nerfing fuego dmg by 50%, you would get the same result if buildings took 50% less fire dmg)
- Missile protection ( decrease amount of dmg by direct missiles )
- Fire Bomb protection ( decrease amount of dmg by fire bombs )
- Building armor ( general decrease in dmg taken from squads )
- Building health
- Attack speed increase for single target defenses
- Critial dmg bonus for single target defenses
- Increase dmg
- Increase attack range
- Increase spread of aoe defenses ( machine guns, fire )

Similar to cartel bonuses. These could all work based on % each upgrade.

Essentially I feel people are less outraged when it comes to indirect nerfs versus direct nerfs. Also, this will give players more options to spend their cash and more forms of progression. I think it would be a nice addition..
Sound fair to me, so bring back the old game and start new defense abilities

Jamal

Banned
Thanks for your highly detailed and well thought out post here, Yeo. I will review it with our team, and I look forward to more from you in the future.
Go to your thread you make please and answear the question there. Dont be like blind man!!

Vinnie Di Maggio

Thanks for this thoughtful post, it gets rare these days around here... I generally agree very much with your suggestions.

NicoScience

I work from home, I have the game on almost 12 hours a day.
it becomes extremely difficult and pretty much impossible at my current level to save enough resources to upgrade buildings. even playing all day doesn't help.
That quote says it all about the state of the game.

Jaspion

Very good points Yeo. You highlited crucial points to make the game more enjoyable

ACO

Banned
Very good points Yeo. You highlited crucial points to make the game more enjoyable
We all did that in most of the posts even tough we did it by complaining and raging (myself included). Thank you "yeo " for your post and your diferent angle of aproach seems you hit a soft spot for chase and maybe he and his team will start changing things for better.