Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Someone Please Explain

double pownage

Only fools spend money, nice achievement, your best player in a game that stinks and no one plays, nice achievment

Yeo

It's the freemium game model.

I'm not a fan of it, but it's not a secret either.

1. Design game
2. Make game fun, and easy to progress at beginning.
3. Put up a pay wall once player is hooked.
4. Profit

At step 3 player has 3 choices:

1. Continue to play, and struggle to progress.
2. Quit
3. Pay money to advance without handicaps.

It's unfortunate but it's the freemium model. Some games like Boom Beach don't make the pay wall very harsh - other games like this one do.
People seem to forget this when complaining about the game. If you want "fair" games, spend money on a AAA PC/console game. Even real games these days aren't immune to p2w tactics with season passes and DLCs. That's just how it is these days.

Paying to advance in a free mobile game is expected. These type of games are not designed to allow everyone to progress equally. The only way you're going to achieve anything the higher you go up is either becoming a whale and spending a lot of money or substituting money with time. You will not stay "competitive" in these types of games if you play casually and raid a base here and there throughout the day while hoping to level up.

I got to level 43 spending $2. Then $30 from 43-44.

Over the last week and a half. I've upgraded my training camp 3x, missiles 3x, flacos 1x, squad camps 4x and rocket launchers 2x.

I will never be able to compete with a lot of pay players, but it's still possible to progress. Just extremely difficult unless you're dedicated to changing your play style.

Matt

the only thing I spend gold on is shields, wait till vulnerability has finished then smash it till vulnerability comes on put shield on and repeat has got me all my big upgrades

Shank

the only thing I spend gold on is shields, wait till vulnerability has finished then smash it till vulnerability comes on put shield on and repeat has got me all my big upgrades
What @Matt said.

I clear my map and all revenge attacks. Then I shield for 2 days and let it fill back up, and repeat until I have the upgrade I want.

Yeo

At level 39 you don't even need shield yet. It wasn't until 43 I required the use of shields because upgrades required too many resources. Timing and resource management is most important if you're a poor player like me.

1. Max out bunker and stop attacking bases/revenges/outposts for a few days.
2. Start clearing bases/revenges/outposts an hour or two before a won war.
3. (Possible end of an event).
4. Make upgrades

The goal is to accumulate all your resources in one go and upgrades buildings immediately. Think attack -> upgrade instead of attack -> save -> attack -> save -> upgrade.

Once you're in the 40's I find shield is mandatory like others have said. But the steps are still pretty much the same.

2. After the start of a war, keep you game open until you are vulnerable to attack for 1 hour.
3. The second the 1 hour of vulnerability ends, start clearing bases/revenges.
4. Buy a two day shield. Participate in war and destroy outposts you saved earlier.
5. War ends. Gain resources from a won war.
6. Clear new bases/revenges over the last 2 days.
7. (Possible end of an event).
8. Make upgrades

This is what I did just yesterday. The difficulty is that it requires you to spend a few hours straight clearing bases/revenges. The amount of time it takes will depend how many sics/units you lose and the time it takes to replenish them. I cleared over 20+ bases in one sitting last night and it took at least 3+ hours.

It's fairly easy once you get the hang of the process. It comes down to timing and figuring out when to start clearing and when to buy shield so that you can receive ALL your resources at one time. Don't attack bases just for the sake of attacking. You'll have to do some math and calculate how much resource you need, and determine if clearing your entire map/revenge + war rewards + event rewards will be enough.

Shank

At level 39 you don't even need shield yet. It wasn't until 43 I required the use of shields because upgrades required too many resources. Timing and resource management is most important if you're a poor player like me.

2. Start clearing bases/revenges/outposts an hour or two before a won war.
3. (Possible end of an event).
4. Make upgrades

The goal is to accumulate all your resources in one go and upgrades buildings immediately. Think attack -> upgrade instead of attack -> save -> attack -> save -> upgrade.

Once you're in the 40's I find shield is mandatory like others have said. But the steps are still pretty much the same.

2. After the start of a war, keep you game open until you are vulnerable to attack for 1 hour.
3. The second the 1 hour of vulnerability ends, start clearing bases/revenges.
4. Buy a two day shield. Participate in war and destroy outposts you saved earlier.
5. War ends. Gain resources from a won war.
6. Clear new bases/revenges over the last 2 days.
7. (Possible end of an event).
8. Make upgrades

This is what I did just yesterday. The difficulty is that it requires you to spend a few hours straight clearing bases/revenges. The amount of time it takes will depend how many sics/units you lose and the time it takes to replenish them. I cleared over 20+ bases in one sitting last night and it took at least 3+ hours.

It's fairly easy once you get the hang of the process. It comes down to timing and figuring out when to start clearing and when to buy shield so that you can receive ALL your resources at one time. Don't attack bases just for the sake of attacking. You'll have to do some math and calculate how much resource you need, and determine if clearing your entire map/revenge + war rewards + event rewards will be enough.
Great post.

The only thing I would disagree with is the importance of the bunker. In boom beach the bunker is actually useful. I find the tiny amounts of resources that the narcos bunker protects to be negligible, and therefore not worth the resources to upgrade it. People may disagree, and that's fine; but if you're map clearing and then upgrading, or map clearing and then shielding - you don't need the bunker at all. You're either spending the resources on an upgrade, or you're saving up and shielding, so the bunker isn't useful at all.

I would stress one point @Yeo made especially. Make sure you have a fresh vulnerability timer so you can kill for 3 hours straight without being kicked offline with a ton of resources to get stolen by an attacker.

Yeo

Great post.

The only thing I would disagree with is the importance of the bunker. In boom beach the bunker is actually useful. I find the tiny amounts of resources that the narcos bunker protects to be negligible, and therefore not worth the resources to upgrade it. People may disagree, and that's fine; but if you're map clearing and then upgrading, or map clearing and then shielding - you don't need the bunker at all. You're either spending the resources on an upgrade, or you're saving up and shielding, so the bunker isn't useful at all.

I would stress one point @Yeo made especially. Make sure you have a fresh vulnerability timer so you can kill for 3 hours straight without being kicked offline with a ton of resources to get stolen by an attacker.
Yup. The bunker is pretty terrible but since it's there might as well make use of it. Any bit counts when you're a struggling player lol.

One thing a lot of players have brought up is the return of the port. They should bring it back just so it helps players a bit. It's also contingent on participating in wars so at least people are playing.

RazorRev

Yup. The bunker is pretty terrible but since it's there might as well make use of it. Any bit counts when you're a struggling player lol.

One thing a lot of players have brought up is the return of the port. They should bring it back just so it helps players a bit. It's also contingent on participating in wars so at least people are playing.
Thanks Yeo.. Sounds solid.. I will def start following your advice

Marv

Banned

Boat will never come back
With last update they deleted it compleet.
Now you get message that you cant claim war/event reward because your storage is full.

They only wanne milk us

Matt

Boat will never come back
With last update they deleted it compleet.
Now you get message that you cant claim war/event reward because your storage is full.

They only wanne milk us
So if ur storage is full the resources don't go to ur boat?

Eezzy

Banned
I'm Level 39
820 medals
Bunker level 15 maxed out until I upgrade my finca.

How come when my finca gets raided I can lose 300k cash plus...
I have never raided a finca and got 200k ever...! Not even revenge after someone took 300k .. It can't be that I have more cash then any player my level, or above.. This is bs !
they steal your material to make you buy Gold.... #StopStealingOurMaterial

LAGRIMA

i always have a shield on my 3 fincas so people wont get nothing for me they can raid my 3 fincas at anytime jajajaja i got a level 50 48 and 37 and they always on the shield and i upgrade everything faster like that is the only way to do big upgrades in this game