Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why I think I should quit the game...

What do you prefere to buy ingame

• Time

• Power

• Combination of both

Results are only viewable after voting.

WorldCitizen

@Chase - FTX Games @the devs

Hi Guys,

I am not here to demand change or to moan about whatever I think is wrong but since I took some steps directly concerning my account, I find it fair and honest to at least write down some motivation.

I am a Mobile gamer. I don't game anything else after my CounterStrike addiction and force myself to only game on cellphones or tablets. I have played a fair share of mobile games with again a addiction to BoomBeach.

We all know BB is the source of the Narco's game mechanics. You did a wonderful job making it unique, let me get that really clear "Narcos is NOT BoomBeach" Narcos is a game with a lot of unique things and in essence a great strategy game.

So why am I going to quit.. It's mostly your monetization model. You have opted to sell power and tools for money. Talents, chest with Sics, Skills etc.... those are items which makes a player stronger. In my humble opinion this is wrong, but I could have lived with the Sics and Talents (it was hard, but I could).

But now we have yet another addition to the game which makes it possible to buy power with money. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all to spend money. Even lots of money... But the pure fact you can spend it on power makes it a complete different deal for me.

Looking at other games they usually sell Time. You can skip building and waiting times with ingame currency, and you would simply grow faster as your opponents. But whatever the opponents did, in the end, you would all have the same power as the one above and beneath you. So, one could get the power faster, but can never get more..

The benefit of this is players are going to try and beat each other on strategy and skill. In Boom for example the amount of different strategies was huge. You where looking at videos scratching your head "wait.. what...That guy is doing something with the exact same tools I have, and is winning".

That made the game epic. Players could really rise and become famous due to different strategies and tactics. The most wild combinations appeared.

In Narco's the first thing players tends to find is the bought Sics and Talents a player has.. and if he doesn't have the same, he could not do the same strategy. So he is forced to pay money for him to play this new strategy.

That just instantly kills any development in strategy and tactics. I for one could at the end use any troop combo in BoomBeach.. But in Narco's I keep seeing dollar signs with any new thing I can think of. AND I can't even try before I buy...... So playing around with some weird combinations was out of the question.

While I do think a lot of players don't mind this and will keep this game alive, I have seen many of the "great strategists" neglect Narco's. The game is known among the good BoomBeach players, but your monetization model is also known. They don't tend to switch to your model as fast as different games.

This kills it for me and other youtubers. We can not throw around wild videos and combination for people to enjoy and watch. We know they would not be able to do them, so why even bother watching. In Boom Beach you see a great video, go ingame and retrain different troops.. and ... Boom, you are doing the exact same thing. Ow and the retraining troops.. we use money to buy that time ;)

So this is what I think.. You devs and me are adults.. so I think we don't need to throw a lot of mud at each other to talk about this. I'll just move along and if things change (a lot), I will happily come along again.

The only thing which is kind of bugging me, and I am not claiming things here.. But it seemed like you guys where pretty clear about the update coming in 2 parts. So I have the feeling you could have kind of warned us the skills from update 1 where not counting towards the bonuses in update 2. This just keeps nagging me and I tend to feel somewhere in my toes you pulled a trick on us. We did have a Skills topic, and official guidelines topic from Chase, but never once you guys spoke about the second type of skills specifically for bonuses. This hurts guys..

On a final note:
Have fun guys! Whatever I state above as my opinion should not change yours. I just wanted a fair explanation for my choices and I wanted to send it to Chase and not support. Chase is the only guy I spoke, and he seems reasonable. Don't forget he can only moderate here with the tools and info he gets...

World

Last edited:

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
@Chase - FTX Games @the devs

Hi Guys,

I am not here to demand change or to moan about whatever I think is wrong but since I took some steps directly concerning my account, I find it fair and honest to at least write down some motivation.

I am a Mobile gamer. I don't game anything else after my CounterStrike addiction and force myself to only game on cellphones or tablets. I have played a fair share of mobile games with again a addiction to BoomBeach.

We all know BB is the source of the Narco's game mechanics. You did a wonderful job making it unique, let me get that really clear "Narcos is NOT BoomBeach" Narcos is a game with a lot of unique things and in essence a great strategy game.

So why am I going to quit.. It's mostly your monetization model. You have opted to sell power and tools for money. Talents, chest with Sics, Skills etc.... those are items which makes a player stronger. In my humble opinion this is wrong, but I could have lived with the Sics and Talents (it was hard, but I could).

But now we have yet another addition to the game which makes it possible to buy power with money. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all to spend money. Even lots of money... But the pure fact you can spend it on power makes it a complete different deal for me.

Looking at other games they usually sell Time. You can skip building and waiting times with ingame currency, and you would simply grow faster as your opponents. But whatever the opponents did, in the end, you would all have the same power as the one above and beneath you. So, one could get the power faster, but can never get more..

The benefit of this is players are going to try and beat each other on strategy and skill. In Boom for example the amount of different strategies was huge. You where looking at videos scratching your head "wait.. what...That guy is doing something with the exact same tools I have, and is winning".

That made the game epic. Players could really rise and become famous due to different strategies and tactics. The most wild combinations appeared.

In Narco's the first thing players tends to find is the bought Sics and Talents a player has.. and if he doesn't have the same, he could not do the same strategy. So he is forced to pay money for him to play this new strategy.

That just instantly kills any development in strategy and tactics. I for one could at the end use any troop combo in BoomBeach.. But in Narco's I keep seeing dollar signs with any new thing I can think of. AND I can't even try before I buy...... So playing around with some weird combinations was out of the question.

While I do think a lot of players don't mind this and will keep this game alive, I have seen many of the "great strategists" neglect Narco's. The game is known among the good BoomBeach players, but your monetization model is also known. They don't tend to switch to your model as fast as different games.

This kills it for me and other youtubers. We can not throw around wild videos and combination for people to enjoy and watch. We know they would not be able to do them, so why even bother watching. In Boom Beach you see a great video, go ingame and retrain different troops.. and ... Boom, you are doing the exact same thing. Ow and the retraining troops.. we use money to buy that time ;)

So this is what I think.. You devs and me are adults.. so I think we don't need to throw a lot of mud at each other to talk about this. I'll just move along and if things change (a lot), I will happily come along again.

The only thing which is kind of bugging me, and I am not claiming things here.. But it seemed like you guys where pretty clear about the update coming in 2 parts. So I have the feeling you could have kind of warned us the skills from update 1 where not counting towards the bonuses in update 2. This just keeps nagging me and I tend to feel somewhere in my toes you pulled a trick on us. We did have a Skills topic, and official guidelines topic from Chase, but never once you guys spoke about the second type of skills especially for bonuses. This hurts guys..

On a final note:
Have fun guys! Whatever I states above as my opinion should not change yours. I just wanted a fair explanation for my choices and I wanted to send it to Chase and not support. Chase is the only guy I spoke, and he seems reasonable. Don't forget he can only moderate here with the tools and info he gets...

World
Thanks for your thoughtful post World, and I will miss you around here if you move on.

In regards to the Skills part 1 and 2 being different - we are giving players who had invested in Skills before Set Bonuses came out free chests with the new Skills based on their previous Skill investment.

I see that your issues go beyond that, and I will communicate them with the team, but that one part we have made a direct response to and that will be coming out very soon.

lobsterboy

Well said, @WorldCitizen. You have put nicely into words what the majority of us are thinking but without the harshness. I hope your thoughts are passed along to the developers and actually discussed. Let us know if you find a suitable replacement mobile game. I'm gonna stick around until the next update, at which point my decision should be pretty easy. I wonder if FTX would ever consider assembling a focus group, based on what has been seen in the forums. If the intent is to make this game last longer than tomorrow, I think this might be a great idea. I know Supercell listens to their customer base, to some extent. Work with us, not against us. We are your paying customers.

WorldCitizen

Thanks for your thoughtful post World, and I will miss you around here if you move on.

In regards to the Skills part 1 and 2 being different - we are giving players who had invested in Skills before Set Bonuses came out free chests with the new Skills based on their previous Skill investment.

I see that your issues go beyond that, and I will communicate them with the team, but that one part we have made a direct response to and that will be coming out very soon.
Thanks for the answer @Chase - FTX Games . I would love for you to have a happy community. Great things should be happening on this forum.

I hope you can be informed with more information and help us figure this thing out. Maybe there is some light in the future and we will meet again.

The friends I made in my Cartel have not lost any value. This is the best thing I could have whished for, so thanks for that!

Buhawi

This is good news chase. at least we can get some compensation

Matt

A lot of my cartel are going over too domination, hopefully they sort this game and we can stay here

TRL82

These skills are making people in my cartel quit the game. There is no longer any end in sight. The game has changed strategy and made many things that people have spent money obsolete. Several high level guys in my cartel have had enough and are leaving and some have already left. I really liked this game too. But the skills are killing the game.

Huanito

These skills are making people in my cartel quit the game. There is no longer any end in sight. The game has changed strategy and made many things that people have spent money obsolete. Several high level guys in my cartel have had enough and are leaving and some have already left. I really liked this game too. But the skills are killing the game.
A game must evolve...otherwise it dead.
But this gàme evolve only to reach the players pocket and clear it empty.

TRL82

I played clash of clans and boom beach for about 3 years each or more. This game has only been around for about a year. And it is already dying and running main players off that have spent thousands.

double pownage

Well zero strategy and little strat u can get, u need dump loads in it.

Most people expect some type of thinking not mindless braindead moneywaste

Rdogg420kgb

Why dont we have support anymore just multiple questions that dont have what we want to ask I've been telling you guys to please fix are paratroopers they are not attacking enemy finca please fix and answer your paying customers

Shady

Banned
Out of interest puzzles what level are you?

I thinking of leaving the game too. I wait to see the update. But I don't think it will change the game. It's no use to do any upgrade of weapons in base since I get constantly nuked without deploy.
In