Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Awesome update 10 sic

BenOG

Administrator
@Jesús Alberto Castellanos The extra Sicarios were, in fact, a mistake and a bug that has now been corrected. However, we have received feedback from both sides and are looking into new ways to balance the game and bring interest to our player base. In the near future, an update will add new levels to your Finca and will likely add new Sicario slots.

Need help the game won’t load when I use cellular data LTE
@Landon If you could please send an email to our support staff at narcos@ftxgames.com with your phone's model and OS we'd be happy to assist you

CRABNUTZ

@Ben - FTX Games, please forgive me in advance, but you might wanna grab a seat and grab some popcorn or something...

First off, thanks for the feedback. Secondly, I have a question or 2 or 10, and hopefully you have an answer or 2 or 10?! I'm not a developer or coder or IT guy or anything of that nature... I'm just a guy that's contributed $2x,xxx (twenty something thousand dollars) worth of Narcos: cartel wars revenue to your company.

Introductions aside, I'm sincerely hopeful that you could take a second out of your day and help me understand a few things I find troubling. Is it possible to explain for a slow guy like myself, the environment necessary to facilitate an "accident" such as these 2 extra defense sicarios that we've recently experienced?!

I believe you might've received an outpouring of favorable support regarding the balance and excitement that this "accident" created in the game. However, the development team deems it necessary to continue "looking into new ways to balance the the game and bring interest to our player base."

Huh?!

That's baffling!

I haven't witnessed such asinine double-speak since the closing days of the recent midterm elections.

I mean, is the fact that my BS meter just redlined a completely unwarranted reaction on my part?! Am I really misguided in interpreting that statement as either a) we here at FTX actually don't listen to player feedback, or b) we here at FTX games honestly don't care about player feedback?!

Or is it simply code for our "accident" did not generate the revenue we anticipated, so we've gotta scrap that and hit the ol drawing board again?!

Or perhaps I'm just really freakin salty... because for a few days... myself, my esteemed colleagues at NoBull, and many respected leaders and players that comprise the bulk of your global cartel leader board were able to feast on actual balance! A balance that has not existed in this game since late 2016, if ever!!!!!!

I know this is likely falling on deaf ears, that at best will provide the infamous FTX auto-response! <----so I'll go ahead and thank you in advance for submitting these ideas to the team so they can "look" into it! Fantastic!

I'm sure the leader board and balance to which I referred does not strike a chord. I'm sure that the simplest dynamic changes that would invoke immediate balance in the game undoubtedly elude the team... I've reached these conclusions thanks to the one fact that after 26 months of playing this game, I absolutely know to be true!

***It is an absolute corporate requirement, that under no circumstances shall any FTX employees that represent, promote, support and/or develop Narcos: cartel wars, actually play the freakin game!!!***

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

Every ticked off elite player that could gladly teach you anything you would care to learn about your own game! Good day, good night, good luck!

P.s.

The greatest minds in the greatest cartels will continue to facilitate our own rule-based full deploy wars...Where the highest possible balance and enjoyment is achieved, thanks in full to the dedicated players that actually understand the game!

@Jesús Alberto Castellanos The extra Sicarios were, in fact, a mistake and a bug that has now been corrected. However, we have received feedback from both sides and are looking into new ways to balance the game and bring interest to our player base. In the near future, an update will add new levels to your Finca and will likely add new Sicario slots.

@Landon If you could please send an email to our support staff at narcos@ftxgames.com with your phone's model and OS we'd be happy to assi

@Ben - FTX Games, please forgive me in advance, but you might wanna grab a seat and grab some popcorn or something...

First off, thanks for the feedback. Secondly, I have a question or 2 or 10, and hopefully you have an answer or 2 or 10?! I'm not a developer or coder or IT guy or anything of that nature... I'm just a guy that's contributed $2x,xxx (twenty something thousand dollars) worth of Narcos: cartel wars revenue to your company.

Introductions aside, I'm sincerely hopeful that you could take a second out of your day and help me understand a few things I find troubling. Is it possible to explain for a slow guy like myself, the environment necessary to facilitate an "accident" such as these 2 extra defense sicarios that we've recently experienced?!

I believe you might've received an outpouring of favorable support regarding the balance and excitement that this "accident" created in the game. However, the development team deems it necessary to continue "looking into new ways to balance the the game and bring interest to our player base."

Huh?!

That's baffling!

I haven't witnessed such asinine double-speak since the closing days of the recent midterm elections.

I mean, is the fact that my BS meter just redlined a completely unwarranted reaction on my part?! Am I really misguided in interpreting that statement as either a) we here at FTX actually don't listen to player feedback, or b) we here at FTX games honestly don't care about player feedback?!

Or is it simply code for our "accident" did not generate the revenue we anticipated, so we've gotta scrap that and hit the ol drawing board again?!

Or perhaps I'm just really freakin salty... because for a few days... myself, my esteemed colleagues at NoBull, and many respected leaders and players that comprise the bulk of your global cartel leader board were able to feast on actual balance! A balance that has not existed in this game since late 2016, if ever!!!!!!

I know this is likely falling on deaf ears, that at best will provide the infamous FTX auto-response! <----so I'll go ahead and thank you in advance for submitting these ideas to the team so they can "look" into it! Fantastic!

I'm sure the leader board and balance to which I referred does not strike a chord. I'm sure that the simplest dynamic changes that would invoke immediate balance in the game undoubtedly elude the team... I've reached these conclusions thanks to the one fact that after 26 months of playing this game, I absolutely know to be true!

***It is an absolute corporate requirement, that under no circumstances shall any FTX employees that represent, promote, support and/or develop Narcos: cartel wars, actually play the freakin game!!!***

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

Every ticked off elite player that could gladly teach you anything you would care to learn about your own game! Good day, good night, good luck!

P.s.

The greatest minds in the greatest cartels will continue to facilitate our own rule-based full deploy wars...Where the highest possible balance and enjoyment is achieved, thanks in full to the dedicated players that actually understand the game!

AMEN

MrBakoBullyz

Huh?!

That's baffling!

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

P.s.

What @CRABNUTZ said

Young Dro

Huh?!

That's baffling!

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

P.s.

As a member of the lovely $10k+ spent club, I agree and it was well said.

Pacotmx

Huh?!

That's baffling!

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

P.s.

Agree

Jason626

Crabnutz for President!! Well said. You definitely hit the nail on the head when speaking of revenue. They have never given us anything for free and even their so called deals are trash. We will get this balance they teased us with but best believe it will cost us one way or another. New finca level, new sic slots means gold spent. But these are suggestions they have been receiving for a long time now. We do not matter. Only our wallets do.

Slik

9 & 10 sicarios were a nice challenge but didn’t really have much effect on good Flash/energy squads. I still like using all my sicarios...even those silly Diegos. I am all for making the game more challenging but not making it one dimensional. The propaganda ss was a nice addition

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator

Huh?!

That's baffling!

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

P.s.

Great points, as we have talked over, Crab. The potential seen through this mistake has not been lost on us - but there were some big concerns with leaving this change in the game the way it went in (it was a bug, after all). The game designers are going over the community feedback on this matter and doing a lot of testing. We have a new Finca level planned in the near future, and we are looking closely at this issue and how it might affect our future content and updates. I think we will come up with something that will be to your liking.

Also, Ben is a new member of the Community team over here at FTX Games. As you have seen, I have been stretched thin and have not been as active on the forums as I once was. He will be here and very available, and I will be around as much as I can!

CRABNUTZ

@Slik the game has always been one dimensional. It's called offense. That's the only dimension. I understand what you're saying, and I never meant to convey that I thought the additional sics made the game perfect. It was however, extremely pleasing that for once, a quality layout required the full attention of even the best attackers. Is that not the way it should be? I think we both think so, along with many other players.

@Chase - FTX Games and @Ben - FTX Games, that was not a personal attack at Ben, whom I don't know, nor have I ever dealt with. He just happened to be there when I felt the need to let off some steam. I realize that trolling, even when exercised eloquently, seldom yields any positive results. So, I'll try this again with a more simplified approach and calmer tone...

I'll preface by saying that I realize generalities always seem so plausible, but I'm seeking more specific answers.

"It was a bug." <----How? How does that happen?

"Big concerns with leaving the change in the game" <--- Like what? What was so concerning?

A new Finca level soon? Okay. Sounds interesting!

What changes come with the new Finca? I'm going to assume the ability to place another sicario on our base. Cool.

What's next? Every weapon gains a level? Cool.

Are we going to get a 4th rocket launcher and 6th machine gun, or perhaps 2 other weapons that aren't extra, unneeded flamethrowers? That would be great!

Perhaps the introduction of another new permanent guerrilla type weapon, similar to the elite brute cannon we received last time there was a new Finca? Heck yeah, let's do this!

All of the above would go a long ways towards true balance.

Now let's cover what more than likely would also be included in the new Finca update, that would completely unravel the balance discussed above.

New training camp level. Thus higher missile and fire bomb damage, longer flashbang duration, longer focus duration and/or shorter cooldown period, etc etc on the air support side. Along with gaining another level on all of our troops, therefore making them healthier and more damaging.

New helipad level and +2 energy.

New squad camp level creating room for 11, possibly 12 fuegos per squad depending on the size of the increase. Possibly a 5th squad camp?That would be be absolutely devastating to defenses, including compounds which I'll discuss in a minute.

If this is close to what we're looking at for the new update, would it be possible to brand it honestly for what it is, rather than cloak it under false pretenses? Pardon the troll moment... But "exciting new update that should bring more balance and fun to our game" would be compete BS. Instead, could it simply read "hey guys, time for an update where we'll give you some cool upgrades, but it will all have to be done just to get back to the point you're at now. So, break out your wallets and build build build!"

Okay, enough about that. When the game started, max Finca level was 20. Compounds could have 16 sicarios defending them. Now, we're at a point in the game where Finca 23 is max, looking at least like 24 is coming soon, meaning there's been so much done to strengthen an individual's offensive arsenal throughout these updates. Shouldn't each Finca update come with another falcon slot? Meaning we should be at 19 compound sics now, and when Finca 24 comes, 20? Or should top teams be expected to invest 6 figures into their compounds, just in hopes of not allowing them to be killed in 2 hits?

Serious question. Does anyone at FTX play the game? If so, at what level? I'll gladly setup a no rules war with another cartel, and invite FTX representatives to join each cartel for the sake of watching an entire war unfold firsthand, and see what they think of their existing game balance. Then I'll setup a rules based full deploy war, and invite the same representatives to view that war, and watch how much more beautifully the game is played when the best players take it upon themselves to create as much of a balanced game play environment as possible.

zecke2

@Slik the game has always been one dimensional. It's called offense. That's the only dimension. I understand what you're saying, and I never meant to convey that I thought the additional sics made the game perfect. It was however, extremely pleasing that for once, a quality layout required the full attention of even the best attackers. Is that not the way it should be? I think we both think so, along with many other players.

@Chase - FTX Games and @Ben - FTX Games, that was not a personal attack at Ben, whom I don't know, nor have I ever dealt with. He just happened to be there when I felt the need to let off some steam. I realize that trolling, even when exercised eloquently, seldom yields any positive results. So, I'll try this again with a more simplified approach and calmer tone...

I'll preface by saying that I realize generalities always seem so plausible, but I'm seeking more specific answers.

"Big concerns with leaving the change in the game" <--- Like what? What was so concerning?

What changes come with the new Finca? I'm going to assume the ability to place another sicario on our base. Cool.

Are we going to get a 4th rocket launcher and 6th machine gun, or perhaps 2 other weapons that aren't extra, unneeded flamethrowers? That would be great!

Perhaps the introduction of another new permanent guerrilla type weapon, similar to the elite brute cannon we received last time there was a new Finca? Heck yeah, let's do this!

Now let's cover what more than likely would also be included in the new Finca update, that would completely unravel the balance discussed above.

New training camp level. Thus higher missile and fire bomb damage, longer flashbang duration, longer focus duration and/or shorter cooldown period, etc etc on the air support side. Along with gaining another level on all of our troops, therefore making them healthier and more damaging.

New squad camp level creating room for 11, possibly 12 fuegos per squad depending on the size of the increase. Possibly a 5th squad camp?That would be be absolutely devastating to defenses, including compounds which I'll discuss in a minute.

If this is close to what we're looking at for the new update, would it be possible to brand it honestly for what it is, rather than cloak it under false pretenses? Pardon the troll moment... But "exciting new update that should bring more balance and fun to our game" would be compete BS. Instead, could it simply read "hey guys, time for an update where we'll give you some cool upgrades, but it will all have to be done just to get back to the point you're at now. So, break out your wallets and build build build!"

Okay, enough about that. When the game started, max Finca level was 20. Compounds could have 16 sicarios defending them. Now, we're at a point in the game where Finca 23 is max, looking at least like 24 is coming soon, meaning there's been so much done to strengthen an individual's offensive arsenal throughout these updates. Shouldn't each Finca update come with another falcon slot? Meaning we should be at 19 compound sics now, and when Finca 24 comes, 20? Or should top teams be expected to invest 6 figures into their compounds, just in hopes of not allowing them to be killed in 2 hits?

Serious question. Does anyone at FTX play the game? If so, at what level? I'll gladly setup a no rules war with another cartel, and invite FTX representatives to join each cartel for the sake of watching an entire war unfold firsthand, and see what they think of their existing game balance. Then I'll setup a rules based full deploy war, and invite the same representatives to view that war, and watch how much more beautifully the game is played when the best players take it upon themselves to create as much of a balanced game play environment as possible.
Totally agree with .
Since I'm curious about the answer ;)

MrBakoBullyz

Also, Ben is a new member of the Community team over here at FTX Games. As you have seen, I have been stretched thin and have not been as active on the forums as I once was. He will be here and very available, and I will be around as much as I can!
Stretched thin? How so by ignoring all the suggestions we've been saying for months on this forum?

zecke2

Btw.
@Chase - FTX Games @Ben - FTX Games
You listen to your community ?? Lol
You start a new unnecessary and superfluous challenge!
Burning Plata is so idiotic. You need much skill for this stupid challenge .
What about bounty hunt ? Dead? Not enough money for ftx?
I'm dreading your next update.

Thamer

Well Said!
I really hope to see detailed and clear answers for those questions (Without Generalities)

Ralph Kramden

Huh?!

That's baffling!

Change my mind!

Sincerely,

P.s.