Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lol New Update!!!!!

Sp4rky1426

LOL's for the new update FTX?
Not one single issue from all the treads/posts put up on the official FTX forum have been addressed??
As for you comment yesterday @Chase - FTX Games asking for people to stop calling you out! Who the **** else are we supposed to direct our treads or issues too? Support take days if at all? The Devs chat absolute sh** and as for yourself?? We get a "I've got your back" or "I've passed it on".. nothing actually happens though!!!!
Bugs in the update as soon as I loaded it???
Fu**ing A... Go to the top of class FTX Devs!!!!

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
LOL's for the new update FTX?
Not one single issue from all the treads/posts put up on the official FTX forum have been addressed??
As for you comment yesterday @Chase - FTX Games asking for people to stop calling you out! Who the - else are we supposed to direct our treads or issues too? Support take days if at all? The Devs chat absolute sh** and as for yourself?? We get a "I've got your back" or "I've passed it on".. nothing actually happens though!!!!
Bugs in the update as soon as I loaded it???
-... Go to the top of class FTX Devs!!!!
I respond to nearly every single thread here - I wasn't asking to be spoken to less, I was asking people to have realistic expectations about my ability to respond everywhere while I do all the other things I do for my job =).

In any case, you are wrong in a few instances here.

One of the line items for this update was fixing the matchmaking for cartel wars. That change was based on feedback from the forums that I passed along.

The feedback here has nothing to do with the new bugs, that is a part of the development cycle and it's something we certainly need to improve on.

Some of the main issues on the forums are Diego Missile strats, high outpost levels, the port system, and our slow support.

The port was changed and no one liked that change. Based on feedback here, we made more changes to improve it. Everyone like it better than the initial change, but not as much as the old system. The change for the better was based on feedback here and we may be able to do more as I continue to pass along community feedback.

The Diego Missile strats has some counter play and various options to deal with this type of attack coming soon. Also based on feedback on the forums.

The outposts are going to remain as they are - and that is after lots of talks and feedback about our community's outlook on them. I did my best to express what players want, but the design goals of the outposts is that they should not be a sole way to progress, and fighting player bases in between is necessary to advance. While we are keenly aware of player feedback here, the design goals of that feature need to keep their integrity - I will continue to express what players want regardless. Perhaps in time there will be more change.

Our support is slower than we want. We have open positions and are hiring to fill more support roles right now, and that should alleviate this issue.

Julio

I respond to nearly every single thread here - I wasn't asking to be spoken to less, I was asking people to have realistic expectations about my ability to respond everywhere while I do all the other things I do for my job =).

One of the line items for this update was fixing the matchmaking for cartel wars. That change was based on feedback from the forums that I "passed along".

The feedback here has nothing to do with the new bugs, that is a part of the development cycle and it's something we certainly need to improve on.

Some of the main issues on the forums are Diego Missile strats, high outpost levels, the port system, and our slow support.

The port was changed and no one liked that change. Based on feedback here, we made more changes to improve it. Everyone like it better than the initial change, but not as much as the old system. The change for the better was based on feedback here and we may be able to do more as I continue to pass along community feedback.

The Diego Missile strats has some counter play and various options to deal with this type of attack coming soon. Also based on feedback on the forums.

The outposts are going to remain as they are - and that is after lots of talks and feedback about our community's outlook on them. I did my best to express what players want, but the design goals of the outposts is that they should not be a sole way to progress, and fighting player bases in between is necessary to advance. While we are keenly aware of player feedback here, the design goals of that feature need to keep their integrity - I will continue to express what players want regardless. Perhaps in time there will be more change.

Our support is slower than we want. We have open positions and are hiring to fill more support roles right now, and that should alleviate this issue.
very thoughtful communication. Thank you.

Sp4rky1426

You've never once answered me about making the port useless @Chase - FTX Games or anyone else for that mattter!! The change made was that you couldn't lose what you hadn't logged on to claim, that's nothing to do with FTX totally changing the port I paid out for with resources and a lot of gold ( hard cash) to enable me to save for large updates which I can no longer do...
I could go on but there really isn't any point saying anything here! Absolutely nothing's ever done about the many many issues brought up here on THE OFFICIAL FORUM, people are just fobbed off with bull**** and empty promises... Your comment about people liking the port better?? Pmsl fella! Noone had a choice but not to like not losing all there war loot before they'd logged in and seen what they'd actually won!!! Jesus your Devs and community must laugh their heads off at the stupidity of all the players here? Take out the good stuff and they'll just keep spending???

Vinnie Di Maggio

Hey Sp4rky1426, keep it cool man. You'll have a better chance to be heard if you express yourself calmly and politely.

I understand your frustration about the boat, I think everyone here agrees that we liked the old system better. But trying to bend things by exaggerating your statements isn't going to help you.

You've never once answered me about making the port useless @Chase - FTX Games or anyone else for that mattter!!
You are wrong. The answer obviously doesn't suit you but this issue has been discussed and answered in several threads.

I could go on but there really isn't any point saying anything here! Absolutely nothing's ever done about the many many issues brought up here on THE OFFICIAL FORUM, people are just fobbed off with bull**** and empty promises...
In my opinion these issues are addressed quite quickly in general. I've worked in the software industry for various companies before and I can assure you that our customers had to wait a lot longer than the players here before they could actually see a change based on their feedback. The changes may not please you, but in general I think the game is still fun to play, and frequent updates and developments are an important part of this.

Sp4rky1426

Hey Sp4rky1426, keep it cool man. You'll have a better chance to be heard if you express yourself calmly and politely.

I understand your frustration about the boat, I think everyone here agrees that we liked the old system better. But trying to bend things by exaggerating your statements isn't going to help you.

You are wrong. The answer obviously doesn't suit you but this issue has been discussed and answered in several threads.

In my opinion these issues are addressed quite quickly in general. I've worked in the software industry for various companies before and I can assure you that our customers had to wait a lot longer than the players here before they could actually see a change based on their feedback. The changes may not please you, but in general I think the game is still fun to play, and frequent updates and developments are an important part of this.
I hear you Vinny.. And I understand where your coming from!! But the boat change has never actually been explained? Unless they (FTX) are gonna come out and admit that the change was made because they don't want anyone to have the ability to save resources up for big upgrades?? My issue has always been I've always maxed out my port and used a lot of resources and gold (cash) to do this!! It wasn't a nerf or game balancing which I accept is part of any game! Jesus I've played Clash of Clans since it was released, Same with Rival Kingdoms and quite afew others... The port change stitched players up!! Simple as that, it has no purpose what so ever anymore, especially as pretty much all my storages are also maxed out.. I'm done with the forum and pretty much done with the game also, as are a lot of people... Pity really as the game had real potential...

fahdi1985

I hear you Vinny.. And I understand where your coming from!! But the boat change has never actually been explained? Unless they (FTX) are gonna come out and admit that the change was made because they don't want anyone to have the ability to save resources up for big upgrades?? My issue has always been I've always maxed out my port and used a lot of resources and gold (cash) to do this!! It wasn't a nerf or game balancing which I accept is part of any game! Jesus I've played Clash of Clans since it was released, Same with Rival Kingdoms and quite afew others... The port change stitched players up!! Simple as that, it has no purpose what so ever anymore, especially as pretty much all my storages are also maxed out.. I'm done with the forum and pretty much done with the game also, as are a lot of people... Pity really as the game had real potential...
you are absolutely right friend. there are some people here who will always accept the game whatever changes the devs will do. its over me too. i cant take more stress because of a GAME. this was a much anticipated update and i really hoped they had done some useful changes. i dont care what other players say but this is totally ON ftx this time. they are losing players on a alarming rate.

fahdi1985

And you know that for sure... how? Sorry not to take you seriously but I believe this is much closer to reality:
like i said before in another thread our cartel top player who used to spend ****load of real dollars on gold has left the game. not the cartel but the GAME.
plus my two friends who joined this game because i sent them invitation and persuaded them play this game have also left the game. plus lately i am getting the same players attacking me again and again which tells me that on my level many players have left the game. friend i don't want YOU to take me seriously as i don't care and i don't give a -. no offence please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sp4rky1426

you are absolutely right friend. there are some people here who will always accept the game whatever changes the devs will do. its over me too. i cant take more stress because of a GAME. this was a much anticipated update and i really hoped they had done some useful changes. i dont care what other players say but this is totally ON ftx this time. they are losing players on a alarming rate.
I was really looking forward to this update!! Thought there's no way they could fu** up three in a row?? Even if they didn't put the boat back let's see what they can do!!!
Special Achievements for spending **** loads of gold?? Yeh maximise spending, we know you're in business!
Cartel matchmaking has been an issue? Not for many when you look through the forum posts???
Players can receive more offers?? Maximising spending, yeh we know you're in business???
There's a theme here I think??
Lots of maximising £, $ and € not much done for players who have already spent and then lost what they've spent on!!!
That's why the update is very disappointing....

So my post was edited by a moderator?? For language?? Pretty sure I didn't actually type the whole word so it was already edited...

Last edited:

Vinnie Di Maggio

like i said before in another thread our cartel top player who used to spend ****load of real dollars on gold has left the game. not the cartel but the GAME.
plus my two friends who joined this game because i sent them invitation and persuaded them play this game have also left the game. plus lately i am getting the same players attacking me again and again which tells me that on my level many players have left the game. friend i don't want YOU to take me seriously as i don't care and i don't give a ****. no offence please.
No worries. But having the same players to attack regularly is part of the complex matchmaking calculation and has nothing to do with how many players there are at your level on a global scale. Just relying on your 3 friends who left the game to make such an assertive statement when in the same time the app has been installed several millions of time looks like a dicey theory, to say the least.

fahdi1985

No worries. But having the same players to attack regularly is part of the complex matchmaking calculation and has nothing to do with how many players there are at your level on a global scale. Just relying on your 3 friends who left the game to make such an assertive statement when in the same time the app has been installed several millions of time looks like a dicey theory, to say the least.
You win bro!

Julio

What complex matchmaking calculation? I'm sure that there have to be more players at
You win bro!
What the heck is so complex about matchmaking. There should be plenty of players at our levels that we don't have to repeatedly attack and be attacked by the same players. This is not a priority issue for me but it is annoying especially when several of the players are only able to be attacked during brief periods a couple of times a day. My theory is that FTX is needlessly constraining the matchmaking by taking medal counts into account. Who cares if you are attacked by someone with a much higher or lower medal count? As long as they are similar in level, they should have similar offensive and defensive capabilities. Medal counts are a worthless metric when creating a matchmaking algorithm.

fahdi1985

What complex matchmaking calculation? I'm sure that there have to be more players at

What the heck is so complex about matchmaking. There should be plenty of players at our levels that we don't have to repeatedly attack and be attacked by the same players. This is not a priority issue for me but it is annoying especially when several of the players are only able to be attacked during brief periods a couple of times a day. My theory is that FTX is needlessly constraining the matchmaking by taking medal counts into account. Who cares if you are attacked by someone with a much higher or lower medal count? As long as they are similar in level, they should have similar offensive and defensive capabilities. Medal counts are a worthless metric when creating a matchmaking algorithm.
no use friend, its like talking to a brick wall. like i said before many times that ftx doesn't care about us anymore. they just want the money rolling in thats it. and my other friend Vinnie Di Maggio is an undercover staff member of ftx games. just see his all posts in which he is ALWAYS defending ftx in one way or other. as far as this "complex matchmaking is concerned" everyone knows that is is totally wrong and this system should not depend on ratings only. but the sad part is no one will listen to us.
maggio now please comment on how you want to defend ftx i am waiting.

Vinnie Di Maggio

fahdi you seem so bitter about this game, why do you impose this to yourself? If you are so sure FTX is basically robbing you and I am some sort of shill (by the way, being undercover and constantly taking position for FTX would be a pretty lousy way to remain undercover), why don't you do yourself a favor and quit the game? Just a friendly piece of advice.

fahdi1985

fahdi you seem so bitter about this game, why do you impose this to yourself? If you are so sure FTX is basically robbing you and I am some sort of shill (by the way, being undercover and constantly taking position for FTX would be a pretty lousy way to remain undercover), why don't you do yourself a favor and quit the game? Just a friendly piece of advice.
see thats what i am talking about, you are always in favor of ftx.and yeah that's the whole point of being undercover, so that no one can know you are working for them. nice trick!
lastly thanks for the advice i will think about it.

lobsterboy

One of the line items for this update was fixing the matchmaking for cartel wars. That change was based on feedback from the forums that I passed along.

Thanks for your perceived increased presence on the forums the last few days @Chase - FTX Games , at least as far as posts go. It can't be easy to be the face of FTX on here.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
My theory is that FTX is needlessly constraining the matchmaking by taking medal counts into account. Who cares if you are attacked by someone with a much higher or lower medal count? As long as they are similar in level, they should have similar offensive and defensive capabilities. Medal counts are a worthless metric when creating a matchmaking algorithm.
I am not aware of a single game that would agree with this? Games are often based on win/loss that translates into an ELO or MMR type of number score that represents how you are matched. Factor that in with level too and you have something close to how most everyone does it in this sector.

This CAN be done with a tighter level requirement than we use. Requesting that the levels be equal is not the same as matching everyone of the same level, however. We have heard this feedback, and I have faithfully communicated it, and will continue to as long as it is prevalent.

Julio

I am not aware of a single game that would agree with this? Games are often based on win/loss that translates into an ELO or MMR type of number score that represents how you are matched. Factor that in with level too and you have something close to how most everyone does it in this sector.

This CAN be done with a tighter level requirement than we use. Requesting that the levels be equal is not the same as matching everyone of the same level, however. We have heard this feedback, and I have faithfully communicated it, and will continue to as long as it is prevalent.
What benefit is the rating in matching opponents? I really don't understand. If my level and your level are similar, then we have similar experience points. We have acquired those experience points by building and upgrading structures and by completing training. The only real differences between our capabilities is where i have placed my emphasis versus where you have.

Help me understand.

Last edited:

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
What benefit is the rating in matching opponents? I really don't understand. If my level and your level are similar, then we have similar experience points. We have acquired those experience points by building and upgrading structures and by completing training. The only real differences between are capabilities is where i have placed my emphasis versus where you have.

Help me understand.
Because some players of the same level will beat others their same level every single time. Because level =/= tactics + strategy.