Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Please don't hate for this post

Julio

Please don't respond with hateful comments. This is meant to open a discussion on the game dynamics and game play. Respectful debate is always welcome. Why do i expect hateful comments? Because I'm going to touch a nerve with pay to play players, I'm going to discuss the relative power of Scorpions and Diegos. Aagh!!

The recent defensive sicario boost update was meant to address the game imbalance between defense and offense. Defensive sicarios were given additional health points and expanded areas of influence. Even with that update, which was one of the better FTX updates, the game still has a significant skew of offense over defense. Is there a player on this forum who ever, let alone routinely, defeats attacking players who are on their level. I seriously doubt it. There are a number of ways to address this basic imbalance while still making the game playable. FTX could increase defensive weapons damage points, increase health points for buildings and weapons across the board, add another defensive sicario, etc. Players may complain that this makes resources more expensive since they will suffer more casualties successfully assaulting a base. I think if FTX upgraded the bunker capacities significantly, players wouldn't mind and they might be able to defeat some raids and keep more resources.

Now, the touchy areas. I believe that a significant reason the games are out of balance is that FTX has released sicarios with potential superpowers. The two examples are Diegos and Scorpions. An attack with four Diegos matched with fully upgraded missile talents and fully upgraded missiles is virtually (if not totally) impossible to defend against. Four Diegos @ 40% plus missile damage with an additional 40% plus missile damage in talents creates a missile attack that is 420% of the upgraded missile damage (100% + 40% x 8). Couple that multiplication of damage with the very low energy cost of a missile attack and an attacking player can just keep shooting missiles until the base has no effective defense. Four Scorpions with full talents and upgraded bombs also provides an overwhelming offensive capability.

Confession: I have spent real money on my Sicarios and talents. I enjoy having an edge over my opponents.

I will offer an extreme example to make the point. What if FTX introduced a new sicario next week, Nuclear Ned? His special talent is increasing the output of your missiles to a 10 ton nuclear blast (without contaminating the resources you would win). You could just drop one bomb on the enemy's finca and the base would be destroyed. Well, I think we've gotten pretty close to this unfairness by allowing these super sicarios.

Have any players on this forum had their finca destroyed by bombs or missiles without an enemy troop putting a boot on the ground. I have.

I believe that the best ways to combat this overindulgence by FTX is to 1) decrease the lethality of missiles and bombs, and 2) Increase the energy costs for subsequent uses of missiles and bombs. They could also reduce the talent boosts for these weapons.

I also believe that players have spent a lot of real money in upgrading these sicarios and any change to their effectiveness will be met with outcrys of "that's what i paid for", and "it's a pay to play decision." I agree with both of those statements.

I also think that these Sicarios have created an offensive gulf that needs to be addressed.

Respectful comments are invited...

Cuban Cartel

If they decrease Diegos talents like they did with Scorpions they will have to give out some gold like they did with Scorpions. And yes if i spend money to but talents etc.... i expect to get what i pay for.

KMagilton

The more they **** about with what we have paid for it amounts to fraud!! They are going to either lose paying customers which we are or will have lawsuits, you don't buy a car then on collection or a few weeks later get told it's not what you paid for or it's getting downgraded

GHI1968

The more they **** about with what we have paid for it amounts to fraud!! They are going to either lose paying customers which we are or will have lawsuits, you don't buy a car then on collection or a few weeks later get told it's not what you paid for or it's getting downgraded
Can you add me to the list of players willing to test out Nuclear Ned please??? :p

Julio

I agree with your comments. I still think the Diegos and Scorpions are overpowered. Maybe they could grandfather existing sicariis and talents and adjust the effectiveness for new acquisitions.

Of course FTX is enjoying a revenue boost from players purchasing these sicarios and spending gold to acquire talents.

Hbanx

I agree with your comments. I still think the Diegos and Scorpions are overpowered. Maybe they could grandfather existing sicariis and talents and adjust the effectiveness for new acquisitions.

Of course FTX is enjoying a revenue boost from players purchasing these sicarios and spending gold to acquire talents.
Im not agree with you, i have spend lot of to have powerfull diegos !! Im OK if they refund me

ACO

Banned
Interesting point of view KMagilton
Now regarding to what Julio said please note that this "problem" is diferent from player to player and level to level.
Right now the game is imbalanced but let's say it goes back to same level vs same level.
The reason i payed money on reroling the sht on those talents was exactly what Julio said and that is to have an advantege over my enemys. Now that i have/you have that you ask NCW to downgrade them?
If they do that in an update+upgrade defences like you said in my opinion there could be serios damage for free to play players who will find close to imposible to defeat an enemy player but also even us (spenders) migh find out that we strugle against bases that before the update where easy to beat.
This is my opinion and my arguments please feel free if you guys share diferent points of views to share with us

Cuban Cartel

To answer another of your questions, yes i do get 2 or 3 defenses everyday by same lvl players and even higher lvl players. Remember this is a tactics game ;)

ACO

Banned
Yes cuban but even the best tactics can't help you too much if you show up with a knife at a gun fight

Julio

To answer another of your questions, yes i do get 2 or 3 defenses everyday by same lvl players and even higher lvl players. Remember this is a tactics game ;)
My guess is you are the exception. You may be a master tactician!

ACO

Banned
I'm just saying that i agree with you it is a tactics game but you just can't ignore the boost you get if you spend gold

Cuban Cartel

Yea of course gold has an advantage. But lets be honest guys, every single game out there now days requires some cash sending.

ACO

Banned
Ok so you are both right... then what should be our tactic?:(

Julio

I truly believe that FTX is unwilling to suffer the backlash if they downgrade what people have legitimately bought (sicarios and talents). That being said, i think they could address this in a couple of ways.

1) Increase the energy cost for All helicopter based weapons (missiles, flash, bombs, medpacks). This would not be seen as a takeback as much as an offense/defense adjustment.
2) Grandfather existing sicarios and talents and reduce effectiveness of newly purchased sicarios and reduce effectiveness of newly acquired talents.
3) Add an antiaircraft defense for a base which could limit effectiveness of bombs, paratroopers, missiles, etc.

augustine

Please don't respond with hateful comments. This is meant to open a discussion on the game dynamics and game play. Respectful debate is always welcome. Why do i expect hateful comments? Because I'm going to touch a nerve with pay to play players, I'm going to discuss the relative power of Scorpions and Diegos. Aagh!!

The recent defensive sicario boost update was meant to address the game imbalance between defense and offense. Defensive sicarios were given additional health points and expanded areas of influence. Even with that update, which was one of the better FTX updates, the game still has a significant skew of offense over defense. Is there a player on this forum who ever, let alone routinely, defeats attacking players who are on their level. I seriously doubt it. There are a number of ways to address this basic imbalance while still making the game playable. FTX could increase defensive weapons damage points, increase health points for buildings and weapons across the board, add another defensive sicario, etc. Players may complain that this makes resources more expensive since they will suffer more casualties successfully assaulting a base. I think if FTX upgraded the bunker capacities significantly, players wouldn't mind and they might be able to defeat some raids and keep more resources.

Now, the touchy areas. I believe that a significant reason the games are out of balance is that FTX has released sicarios with potential superpowers. The two examples are Diegos and Scorpions. An attack with four Diegos matched with fully upgraded missile talents and fully upgraded missiles is virtually (if not totally) impossible to defend against. Four Diegos @ 40% plus missile damage with an additional 40% plus missile damage in talents creates a missile attack that is 420% of the upgraded missile damage (100% + 40% x 8). Couple that multiplication of damage with the very low energy cost of a missile attack and an attacking player can just keep shooting missiles until the base has no effective defense. Four Scorpions with full talents and upgraded bombs also provides an overwhelming offensive capability.

Confession: I have spent real money on my Sicarios and talents. I enjoy having an edge over my opponents.

I will offer an extreme example to make the point. What if FTX introduced a new sicario next week, Nuclear Ned? His special talent is increasing the output of your missiles to a 10 ton nuclear blast (without contaminating the resources you would win). You could just drop one bomb on the enemy's finca and the base would be destroyed. Well, I think we've gotten pretty close to this unfairness by allowing these super sicarios.

Have any players on this forum had their finca destroyed by bombs or missiles without an enemy troop putting a boot on the ground. I have.

I believe that the best ways to combat this overindulgence by FTX is to 1) decrease the lethality of missiles and bombs, and 2) Increase the energy costs for subsequent uses of missiles and bombs. They could also reduce the talent boosts for these weapons.

I also believe that players have spent a lot of real money in upgrading these sicarios and any change to their effectiveness will be met with outcrys of "that's what i paid for", and "it's a pay to play decision." I agree with both of those statements.

I also think that these Sicarios have created an offensive gulf that needs to be addressed.

Respectful comments are invited...
I have spend over 20000 in gold trying to get my Diego and scorpions to have maxed out missiles but found it impossible to get and a huge waste of money. I wrote the devs and they told me talents are completely random, so I put that to the test. After getting a bunch of the same weak talents that were completely unrelated (i.e Gordo health 1/5) over and over, but not getting missile damage or firebomb damage I came to the conclusion this code is rigged. I spent 8000 gold in one sitting trying to get 1 of 4 talents and it would not give them too me.

I wrote the devs hoping they would reimburse me all the wasted gold I spent but they don't care. I used to spent $400-$500/ month on this game, now I'm done with it because I truly believe it is unfair and the devs are greedy.

Maniakbn96

I think ftx should

just give finca more health

or give sicario that gives finca more health

or give upgrades for finca (bulletproof window or something like that) which reduce damage missile and fb deals on finca

or say half damage from missile or fb on finca

and everything is fine...

Talents are "cheap" (1/2 price) ATM so a perfect talent cost 4-6k gold ATM... that is the truth

Last edited:

Julio

I think ftx should

just give finca more health

or give sicario that gives finca more health

or give upgrades for finca (bulletproof window or something like that) which reduce damage missile and fb deals on finca

or say half damage from missile or fb on finca

and everything is fine...

Talents are "cheap 1/2 price) ATM so a perfect talent cost 4-6k gold ATM... that is the truth
These are all viable options.

Dr.D.Fence

It still doesn't matter one bit. The resources you get from raiding are lame. No one I know of in my current or former cartels has ever found bases that have 300k wood, 250k stone, 200k iron to take in 1 shot. However we can loose that much in 1 raid.

Julio

It still doesn't matter one bit. The resources you get from raiding are lame. No one I know of in my current or former cartels has ever found bases that have 300k wood, 250k stone, 200k iron to take in 1 shot. However we can loose that much in 1 raid.
Well then it does matter if you can lose that much in a raid. You might not lose it if you could defend your base better...