Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ok Chase, i want an answer. League matchmaking issues!

acb

And if I tell you I've stopped playing since the last **it update, logged in to get out of my cartel today and still am in the same league, just 2 positions below? Something around 3 weeks without playing didn't do much on my league position, how is this fair with the players who kept playing the game?
You are not in the same league as anyone else. Everyone has his own league system. You are just paired against players with the same medal count, if there are enough of them. If there are not enough it gets ugly.. as long as you don't press the confirmation button in the league result dialog, your league isn't populated anyway. Others may get you as opponent and benefit from your inactivity though.

Julio

Almost five months and we still can't get an answer? @Chase, it seems like either you or the developers are dodging questions about legitimate issues.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Almost five months and we still can't get an answer? @Chase, it seems like either you or the developers are dodging questions about legitimate issues.
There has been no change thus far to the system and the community's concerns about the system are in consideration. No dodging, just no change.

Mike Toreno

There has been no change thus far to the system and the community's concerns about the system are in consideration. No dodging, just no change.
I've been ranked top 1 in both LEAGUE/ EVENTS RAIDS yet i

am hungry for more wins !

As for the League players i think some are too high level to be joining in

certain League events.

LEVEL CAP on each League for players.

Renan

Alright lads I'm going to jump on the bandwagon too. So the league has just restarted and I'm already 100 medals off 5th place and a whopping 150 (!) medals off 1st place. This is hard to take especially after working so hard cutting a 30/40 medal deficit last time around to finish 5th (yes 5th not 1st). I thought FTX values fair and equal play? I'm sure you developers have some humility so please consider tweaking the league system and give us a chance to advance in the game.

Attachments

lamaJ

Haha. This problem never been fixed. No solution till now. Fair and equal play??? Hahahaha. Its just about gold exploit. Not other problem.

Julio

Chase, if there is no change, then you are dodging the issue by not providing clarification on how the leagues are actually running contrary to published rules.

Here’s a simple cut and paste you can use to reply.

"FTX has reviewed the current league system and we currently see no reason to change it. We understand that many players are unable to advance because of the matchmaking we use. On the other hand, we’ve noticed that many players have earned the prison achievement, so something must be working, right? As many of you have pointed out, players are indeed matched by medal count and not by a similar league, i.e., you could be in a Diamond League and have players in “your” league who are themselves in Gold or Champion Leagues. Generally, the players who have trouble advancing have a fairly high medal count and are matched with other players with an insurmountable point gap. Perhaps if you try to reduce your medals significantly, you could drop down a couple of leagues and try to advance with luckier matchmaking as you progress back up the league ladder.

Also, some of you have noticed that the matchmaking for raid events is artificial as well. Here at FTX, we like to decide who will receive superior league results each week. Heck, we sometimes have a high scoring player matched against several hundred opponents just to keep players from scoring in the top tiers. Another week, we may want more players to score well and adjust our matchmaking accordingly. It’s similar to the way we rig the talent roulette and the recent roulette wheel. Things that look like they are random rarely are for us. We want to manage your game experience (and our income).

We may revisit the league system at some point in the future. If so, don’t expect us to make an announcement. We like to keep things on the down low.”

Chase, if there is no change, then you are dodging the issue by not providing clarification on how the leagues are actually running contrary to published rules.

Here’s a simple cut and paste you can use to reply.

"FTX has reviewed the current league system and we currently see no reason to change it. We understand that many players are unable to advance because of the matchmaking we use. On the other hand, we’ve noticed that many players have earned the prison achievement, so something must be working, right? As many of you have pointed out, players are indeed matched by medal count and not by a similar league, i.e., you could be in a Diamond League and have players in “your” league who are themselves in Gold or Champion Leagues. Generally, the players who have trouble advancing have a fairly high medal count and are matched with other players with an insurmountable point gap. Perhaps if you try to reduce your medals significantly, you could drop down a couple of leagues and try to advance with luckier matchmaking as you progress back up the league ladder.

Also, some of you have noticed that the matchmaking for raid events is artificial as well. Here at FTX, we like to decide who will receive superior league results each week. Heck, we sometimes have a high scoring player matched against several hundred opponents just to keep players from scoring in the top tiers. Another week, we may want more players to score well and adjust our matchmaking accordingly. It’s similar to the way we rig the talent roulette and the recent roulette wheel. Things that look like they are random rarely are for us. We want to manage your game experience (and our income).

We may revisit the league system at some point in the future. If so, don’t expect us to make an announcement. We like to keep things on the down low.”
There is no point on this...so im in the gold division so i have to go to silver...no point on this...what a greedy game..

DDRR

last 5 months the same people start ahead for like 200 medals in the league how i suposed to win the league you give the prizes to that people last 5 months and they dont have to do nothing and they getting the free gold and the chest last 5 months that not fear everybody should start the league whit the same amount of medals or like 10 to 15 but for 200 is no chance to beat them so they getting the prizes for free what are they better than everybody that you give the prizes to them last 5 months i spend lime 2000 in money in the game i deserved to have a shoot to win the league prizes fix that asap
The league is a virtual list, those people above you are not realy in your league so they are not giving away anything. ;)

Last edited:

lamaJ

@Chase - FTX Games i am ur costumer. I am asking u here. This what this forum u made for. So may i ask u once again.. is this gonna be fix? For how long we gonna wait for?

lamaJ

Wow cool. Still overhaul for over a year and still nothing? Go check again this thread dont be lazy. U gonna find so much prove if ur league system is wrong. Cmon dont be lazy.
Most of people here gave u advice that start the weekly league from 0 points. So everyone can compete the league. Why its so hard to implement that

Last edited:

Vinnie Di Maggio

It is truly unfortunate that FTX chooses to keep on ignoring our requests on this matter. This issue has been reported an inordinate amount of times and very early in the game development stages. It is now very obvious that FTX does not want or care to fix this, despite Chase's demagogic answers. The issue is annoying enough to piss off most of us but not enough to drive so many of us away from the game that it will really hurt FTX financially.

What I don't understand is why this broken system hasn't been shut down already? When something doesn't work and needs an overhaul, the best thing to do is to put it away altogether until the overhaul is complete, provided it isn't essential to the game, which is the case here. It is really unfair that some of us have the prison perk when others can't.

lamaJ

This system is really broke. So much prove we given, so much advice we given but they just said "still overhaul". Is this because there is no gold required on this or what?