Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lol New Update!!!!!

Thema

I am not aware of a single game that would agree with this? Games are often based on win/loss that translates into an ELO or MMR type of number score that represents how you are matched. Factor that in with level too and you have something close to how most everyone does it in this sector.

This CAN be done with a tighter level requirement than we use. Requesting that the levels be equal is not the same as matching everyone of the same level, however. We have heard this feedback, and I have faithfully communicated it, and will continue to as long as it is prevalent.
You are right about every game is using a scoring system. What you dont take in account is that we have multiple matchmaking in the game and not all of them need to be done by the score (aka medal count).

I mean, we have the weekly tournament which is supposed to be awarding the most active and strong attacking player, despite his level, of the week. There of course, the amount of medals earned per week, despite your levels, is exactly what proves this so ONLY medals should be your criteria for matchmaking. (Exactly As it is now).

Then you have the war matchmaking, which again has to award the most active and strong attacking CARTELS. You have to take in account that you can be the same active and strong at any level, so you should be considering medal count, level and number of participants and compound level. Thus the cartel rating should take all these criteria in account. (Its almost like this now but needs some tweaking like you announced you do already)

And lastly there is the map matchmaking. Map is the basic farming source and should not be taking ANY account on how active or strong you are in general. In every game you are supposed to farm somewhere where only your level counts and how strong you are based on your levels. Take any big game, you can farm mobs or something based only on your level. If you are strong you get to farm easily, with minimum losses, but still you are not FORCED to farm in lot stronger areas (higher level opponents), just because you are stronger than your level farming. Map in general is not there to award nothing more than who progresses faster and better and not who is overprogressing, or is super active. Those are awarded by spawn time.
Thats my opinion and i would like to know if you are getringg what i am telling here.

Sp4rky1426

Thanks for your perceived increased presence on the forums the last few days @Chase - FTX Games , at least as far as posts go. It can't be easy to be the face of FTX on here.
Exactly... I was here all the time and I actually did read every single thread and comment!!! So I also know how many times FTX staff commented??? Which is also why I recommended afew times that if someone from FTX is reading every single post (as you say @Chase - FTX Games ) maybe a little comment wouldn't go amiss?? As your there anyway?? Wouldn't this be an easy way to prove everything is being noted instead of us seeing that FTX staff go missing for days and days?? After all this is the official forum and the busiest FTX have....

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Exactly... I was here all the time and I actually did read every single thread and comment!!! So I also know how many times FTX staff commented??? Which is also why I recommended afew times that if someone from FTX is reading every single post (as you say @Chase - FTX Games ) maybe a little comment wouldn't go amiss?? As your there anyway?? Wouldn't this be an easy way to prove everything is being noted instead of us seeing that FTX staff go missing for days and days?? After all this is the official forum and the busiest FTX have....
What I say here is viewed as an official stance. I cannot comment as casually as others can =). Most of the days I go missing are my weekends!

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
You are right about every game is using a scoring system. What you dont take in account is that we have multiple matchmaking in the game and not all of them need to be done by the score (aka medal count).

I mean, we have the weekly tournament which is supposed to be awarding the most active and strong attacking player, despite his level, of the week. There of course, the amount of medals earned per week, despite your levels, is exactly what proves this so ONLY medals should be your criteria for matchmaking. (Exactly As it is now).

Then you have the war matchmaking, which again has to award the most active and strong attacking CARTELS. You have to take in account that you can be the same active and strong at any level, so you should be considering medal count, level and number of participants and compound level. Thus the cartel rating should take all these criteria in account. (Its almost like this now but needs some tweaking like you announced you do already)

And lastly there is the map matchmaking. Map is the basic farming source and should not be taking ANY account on how active or strong you are in general. In every game you are supposed to farm somewhere where only your level counts and how strong you are based on your levels. Take any big game, you can farm mobs or something based only on your level. If you are strong you get to farm easily, with minimum losses, but still you are not FORCED to farm in lot stronger areas (higher level opponents), just because you are stronger than your level farming. Map in general is not there to award nothing more than who progresses faster and better and not who is overprogressing, or is super active. Those are awarded by spawn time.
Thats my opinion and i would like to know if you are getringg what i am telling here.
Some good points here about different types of matches in different places. I will pass this along to the team for consideration.

Julio

I respond to nearly every single thread here - I wasn't asking to be spoken to less, I was asking people to have realistic expectations about my ability to respond everywhere while I do all the other things I do for my job =).

In any case, you are wrong in a few instances here.

One of the line items for this update was fixing the matchmaking for cartel wars. That change was based on feedback from the forums that I passed along.

The feedback here has nothing to do with the new bugs, that is a part of the development cycle and it's something we certainly need to improve on.

Some of the main issues on the forums are Diego Missile strats, high outpost levels, the port system, and our slow support.

The port was changed and no one liked that change. Based on feedback here, we made more changes to improve it. Everyone like it better than the initial change, but not as much as the old system. The change for the better was based on feedback here and we may be able to do more as I continue to pass along community feedback.

The Diego Missile strats has some counter play and various options to deal with this type of attack coming soon. Also based on feedback on the forums.

The outposts are going to remain as they are - and that is after lots of talks and feedback about our community's outlook on them. I did my best to express what players want, but the design goals of the outposts is that they should not be a sole way to progress, and fighting player bases in between is necessary to advance. While we are keenly aware of player feedback here, the design goals of that feature need to keep their integrity - I will continue to express what players want regardless. Perhaps in time there will be more change.

Our support is slower than we want. We have open positions and are hiring to fill more support roles right now, and that should alleviate this issue.
The matchmaking for wars was generally okay before. Not great, but okay.

We just started our first war since the update, this is probably one of the more lop-sided matchups I've seen.

Our player levels Their player levels
49 43
49 42
47 42
45 41
45 41
45 41
44 40
41 40
40 39
39 39
38 39
38 39
38 38
38 37
37 36
37 36
37 34
36 34
35 33

Our cartel level Their cartel level
35 27

Our finca level Their finca level
18 14

I feel sorry for our opponents. They don't stand a chance.

I'm not sure what is fixed with the war matchmaking, but probably need to fix it again.

Mike Toreno

Some good points here about different types of matches in different places. I will pass this along to the team for consideration.
Auto Farming in matches cos raids scouting are all imbalanced.
We want the medal count system to be altered to balance the matchmaking in raids.