Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ok Chase, i want an answer. League matchmaking issues!

Well, weeks later I received a reply from tech support. As i expected, the reply would resolve nothing and be full of meaningless explanations...
Let me break it down for you:
We don't care
It's how it is
Keep wasting your hard earned cash with the game
Thank you!
The Team FTX

"Hello and thanks for playing Narcos: Cartel Wars!

The situation with your leagues is the following: all players get divided into divisions which contain 25 users each, as the total number of players is rather big and without divisions it would be really difficult to compete with each other. Also, the total number of users is variable and is not always divisible by 25, so sometimes you may see the same users in different divisions. It is OK to be in different places for different divisions. The only thing that matters is the place you are getting in the league table you see on your account.

Regards,
The Narcos: Cartel Wars Support Team"

The body of the message is 3 points. Essentially:

1) 25 people are in each league (yes, we know that)
2) sometimes they have to make some adjustments because the number of players is not always divisible by 25 and sometimes they need to duplicate players to make full leagues (ok, i get that)
3) All that matters is where you place in your league, it doesn't matter about the other leagues (whoa, not the case)

This is not a satisfactory reply to my league issues.

Here is a simple example that illustrates the fallacy of these comments.

If I finish the league in sixth place and am behind the top 5 players showing up in MY league (who knows what leagues THEY are in), and the following week I am competing against them again because FTX is creating artificial matchups, then I really have little chance of advancing. In effect, FTX has rigged the game against me.

Since the league is a competition, what matters is who you are competing against and how fair are the matchups.

The leagues are not running according to the system that FTX has stated in the game.

I would like this addressed in a meaningful manner and I would like feedback on the steps that are being taken to ensure fairer league matchups that don't smack of rigging.
Well, weeks later I received a reply from tech support. As i expected, the reply would resolve nothing and be full of meaningless explanations...

"Hello and thanks for playing Narcos: Cartel Wars!

The situation with your leagues is the following: all players get divided into divisions which contain 25 users each, as the total number of players is rather big and without divisions it would be really difficult to compete with each other. Also, the total number of users is variable and is not always divisible by 25, so sometimes you may see the same users in different divisions. It is OK to be in different places for different divisions. The only thing that matters is the place you are getting in the league table you see on your account.

Regards,
The Narcos: Cartel Wars Support Team"

The body of the message is 3 points. Essentially:

1) 25 people are in each league (yes, we know that)
2) sometimes they have to make some adjustments because the number of players is not always divisible by 25 and sometimes they need to duplicate players to make full leagues (ok, i get that)
3) All that matters is where you place in your league, it doesn't matter about the other leagues (whoa, not the case)

This is not a satisfactory reply to my league issues.

Here is a simple example that illustrates the fallacy of these comments.

If I finish the league in sixth place and am behind the top 5 players showing up in MY league (who knows what leagues THEY are in), and the following week I am competing against them again because FTX is creating artificial matchups, then I really have little chance of advancing. In effect, FTX has rigged the game against me.

Since the league is a competition, what matters is who you are competing against and how fair are the matchups.

The leagues are not running according to the system that FTX has stated in the game.

I would like this addressed in a meaningful manner and I would like feedback on the steps that are being taken to ensure fairer league matchups that don't smack of rigging.

Julio

Well, I have one hour to go until my league closes. I moved up from 11th to 8th. No way of catching the leader who is over 130 points ahead of me or the person in 5th place who is over 60 points ahead of me. If the three players who were artificially placed in my league for weeks now (and ahead of me) were not competing, I would likely have been able to advance. As it is, apathy is setting in...

I will follow up when the league closes and report on the latest league atrocities.

Julio

Wow, what a debacle the league system is.

I finished the Champion II league in 8th place. I really had no chance of advancing based on the point differentials at the start of the week.

My only solace was that if I finished strong and the top 5 players advanced according to the league rules, I might be in a better position the following week.

@Chase - FTX Games , the top 5 players are supposed to advance out of the league according to the league rules.

The top 19 players from last week's league are now the top 19 players in this week's league. No one advanced out of the league in accordance with the rules.

What the heck?

How am I supposed to advance if I continue to compete against the same players who lead me by insurmountable point gaps each week. I must gain 64 points on the number 5 player to advance and I am 128 points behind 1st place.

I received a very lame response from support earlier (see above). I am looking for our community leader to step in to respond and remedy.

Serge

I feel like this thread has been made even more pointless due to the recent achievement that has everyone (even once honorable 'would never cheat' players) now using autoclickers because they want the prison.

Julio, in all seriousness, your a smart guy - hasn't it occurred to you that they clearly don't care and are happy with their current system, and 'probably' have zero desire/intention to change (or even explain how it works) it

There is a way to get yourself into a new league anyway, but i wont say it on here, in-case i accidentally help anyone i dont like LOL (PM me)

Julio

I feel like this thread has been made even more pointless due to the recent achievement that has everyone (even once honorable 'would never cheat' players) now using autoclickers because they want the prison.

Julio, in all seriousness, your a smart guy - hasn't it occurred to you that they clearly don't care and are happy with their current system, and 'probably' have zero desire/intention to change (or even explain how it works) it

There is a way to get yourself into a new league anyway, but i wont say it on here, in-case i accidentally help anyone i dont like LOL (PM me)
Haha. Of course it occurred to me that they have no desire to change the system or explain clearly whay us going on. At this point, it's getting ridiculous how they are refusing to acknowledge or address it.

Call me stubborn, but this is so blatant of an issue that I am refusing to simply drop it. I'm not losing sleep over it but I am really curious how long @Chase - FTX Games will continue to ignore this thread and issue. I don't have high expectations (actually my expectations have been fully realized), but as the community leader he has a responsibility to communicate on relevant and significant issues.

Thanks for the offer, I'll pm you.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Please be respectful to Chase. I prefer to work with people and not against them.
Thanks, Julio. I got an answer back finally.

The league is more characterize battle activity rather then level.

At the beginning the player is put into the first league with the other players of the similar level and rating – after that you competitive with them by the rating increment during the week.

At the end of the week:

• If you are on top places – then you move forward the next league
  • If you are in the middle – you stay in the same league
  • If you are in last place – you move down a league (if it is not first league)
If you have a high level base, but don’t fight and don’t defend – sooner or later you will drop down. But even in this case system will try to match you to the players with the same level as you.

This was the official response on how the league works. Provide as much specific data as you can to explain how it is now working as intended and I can send it to the developer who wrote this reply for me.

Jamal

Banned

At the beginning the player is put into the first league with the other players of the similar level and rating – after that you competitive with them by the rating increment during the week.

At the end of the week:

If you have a high level base, but don’t fight and don’t defend – sooner or later you will drop down. But even in this case system will try to match you to the players with the same level as you.

This was the official response on how the league works. Provide as much specific data as you can to explain how it is now working as intended and I can send it to the developer who wrote this reply for me.
How many different medals from last place to the top place?

Julio

At the end of the week:

Thank you @Chase - FTX Games for replying to this thread.

The answers that I received and that you received are worthless. They are not acknowledging that the league system is not running in accordance with those rules. In effect, the system is rigged. Players are not truly competing against other players in a league but against an artificial league made up of somewhat similarly ranked players. These other players may be in leagues that are several league levels different from your own.

Here is an illustration of what is happening. Let's say you start the week in 10th place with 1000 medals. The players who are showing up in your league in 1st -5th place have 1100, 1099, 1098, 1097, and 1096 medals respectively. At the end of the week, by coincidence, you each gain exactly 100 medals and you are still in 10th place. You are not eligible to advance since you didn't finish in the top 5 for the week. The players who supposedly finished in 1st through 5th are eligible to advance and are supposed to have been removed from your league. This then creates an opportunity for you to advance the following week since you will no longer be competing against these players who have such a strong medal count lead on you. Instead of this happening though, the program is continuing to assign them to your league and you spend another week fruitlessly trying to advance.

To answer your question, the medal gap from 1st to 25th in my league this week is 273 medals. This may be a meaningless statistic though since the person in 25th place is probably in a different league altogether and probably has a completely different leaderboard.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Thank you @Chase - FTX Games for replying to this thread.

The answers that I received and that you received are worthless. They are not acknowledging that the league system is not running in accordance with those rules. In effect, the system is rigged. Players are not truly competing against other players in a league but against an artificial league made up of somewhat similarly ranked players. These other players may be in leagues that are several league levels different from your own.

Here is an illustration of what is happening. Let's say you start the week in 10th place with 1000 medals. The players who are showing up in your league in 1st -5th place have 1100, 1099, 1098, 1097, and 1096 medals respectively. At the end of the week, by coincidence, you each gain exactly 100 medals and you are still in 10th place. You are not eligible to advance since you didn't finish in the top 5 for the week. The players who supposedly finished in 1st through 5th are eligible to advance and are supposed to have been removed from your league. This then creates an opportunity for you to advance the following week since you will no longer be competing against these players who have such a strong medal count lead on you. Instead of this happening though, the program is continuing to assign them to your league and you spend another week fruitlessly trying to advance.

To answer your question, the medal gap from 1st to 25th in my league this week is 273 medals. This may be a meaningless statistic though since the person in 25th place is probably in a different league altogether and probably has a completely different leaderboard.
I will get more information in light of your questions. I think it was pretty generic to start with, and it sounds like in either case it is not working as intended. Sorry for my lack of responses here. I am around everyday but I have lots to cover and did not have info to give here yet.

Julio

I will get more information in light of your questions. I think it was pretty generic to start with, and it sounds like in either case it is not working as intended. Sorry for my lack of responses here. I am around everyday but I have lots to cover and did not have info to give here yet.
Thank you Chase. I'm sure this is just one issue of many that command your attention. I tend to be a bit persistent...

Vinnie Di Maggio

The answer sent by the FTX dev is really worthless and shows that he did not understand the point Julio and lots of other players are desperately trying to make.

The fact that the tournament ranking is fake (people you see in your league don't see the same people and on their board) is already annoying in itself, but if this can't be avoided there should at least be some kind of compensation calculation so that everyone has fair chances to progress. Of course reaching the highest leagues should be tough, but right now the system seems to be completely random.

It is also rather puzzling to see people with less than 1000 medals in the highest leagues when you have a lot more than this but can't get past Gold.

I was stuck in Gold I for months even though I cleared my map daily and grabbed every possible point: I only lost one single battle out of the 100s of attacks I carried out. In doing so you would think that you would progress faster than the average... but no, I didn't progress at all. In fact I was struggling not to be demoted!

Even more messed up: last two weeks I finally got to Gold II and immediately to Gold III the week after. This really doesn't make any sense.

Julio

First, I agree with Vinnie's post above.

Second, after the league ended I sent another message to tech support. Here is the reply I received.

Please, send us screenshots of your tournament table every week in order we could find out what exactly is happening with your tournaments.

Currently tournaments are working the following way: all players get divided into divisions which contain 25 users each, as the total number of players is rather big and without divisions it would be really difficult to compete with each other. Also, the total number of users is variable and is not always divisible by 25, so sometimes you may see the same users in different divisions. It is OK to be in different places for different divisions. The only thing that matters is the place you are getting in the league table you see on your account.

Regards,
The Narcos: Cartel Wars Support Team

I then sent them screenshots of the final disposition of my league last week and of the starting places of everyone this week. The players and rankings are virtually identical.

Here is the message I sent with the screenshots.

No, that's not true, the only two things that matters is who I am competing against and how large is the point differential for me to advance into the top five. The league system is rigged. I am sending league screenshots to show how it is impossible for me to advance because FTX continues to have me competing against the same players even though they should have advanced out of MY league (i understand they see a different leaderboard and may not be advancing in their own league). The players in front of me in the league have insurmountable point leads and continuing to place them in my league is unfair and counter to the league rules. it is an artificial and rigged system. Please remove the top five players from my league as they were the top five finishers from last week.

i am attaching screenshots of the league results for all 25 players for last week and for the 25 players in the league for this week. Basically, it is practically an identical list with identical places. This is not how the league system is advertised to operate.

Here is the reply I received back (rather quickly).

Thank you so much for the information provided! Our developers will look into it and we will inform you on the result as soon as we have news!

Well, that's the most optimistic and seemingly positive reply I've received from support.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
First, I agree with Vinnie's post above.

Second, after the league ended I sent another message to tech support. Here is the reply I received.

Please, send us screenshots of your tournament table every week in order we could find out what exactly is happening with your tournaments.

Currently tournaments are working the following way: all players get divided into divisions which contain 25 users each, as the total number of players is rather big and without divisions it would be really difficult to compete with each other. Also, the total number of users is variable and is not always divisible by 25, so sometimes you may see the same users in different divisions. It is OK to be in different places for different divisions. The only thing that matters is the place you are getting in the league table you see on your account.

Regards,
The Narcos: Cartel Wars Support Team

I then sent them screenshots of the final disposition of my league last week and of the starting places of everyone this week. The players and rankings are virtually identical.

Here is the message I sent with the screenshots.

No, that's not true, the only two things that matters is who I am competing against and how large is the point differential for me to advance into the top five. The league system is rigged. I am sending league screenshots to show how it is impossible for me to advance because FTX continues to have me competing against the same players even though they should have advanced out of MY league (i understand they see a different leaderboard and may not be advancing in their own league). The players in front of me in the league have insurmountable point leads and continuing to place them in my league is unfair and counter to the league rules. it is an artificial and rigged system. Please remove the top five players from my league as they were the top five finishers from last week.

i am attaching screenshots of the league results for all 25 players for last week and for the 25 players in the league for this week. Basically, it is practically an identical list with identical places. This is not how the league system is advertised to operate.

Here is the reply I received back (rather quickly).

Thank you so much for the information provided! Our developers will look into it and we will inform you on the result as soon as we have news!

Well, that's the most optimistic and seemingly positive reply I've received from support.
I will write up a report on this, and if you guys have additional points I should include please add them here. Those screenshots and any others would be helpful. I will get this report where it needs to be to make real changes here. We really do care if something if not working as intended. There is a huge amount of noise on the support side which can make it seems otherwise, but I can communicate these issues more directly and with more clarity. Just be sure to cover everything that needs to be known here and I will take care of the rest and let you in on some of the process that follows.

Julio

Thank you Chase. I would post the screenshots but i can't figure out how. When I tap the picture icon it's asking me for the url of the photo. I have an android phone and haven't been able to figure this out.

I could email them easily.

Chase - FTX Games

Administrator
Thank you Chase. I would post the screenshots but i can't figure out how. When I tap the picture icon it's asking me for the url of the photo. I have an android phone and haven't been able to figure this out.

I could email them easily.
There should be a little upload buttons below the text field. Send me a PM if you can't figure it out.